Contest By Dr. Bob- Win A Free Recertification With Records

Ok, hopefully this will be ok with the board powers that be.

I've been thinking about the signature issue with legalization, public awareness, and a way to get the community involved, and I am willing to give $500 in free recertifications to qualified patient/graphic artists to back it up.

I want 4 bumper stickers designed by the members, I'll print them and provide them to compassion clubs to offer to the public for a donation to support the local club and or the mmma. The keys is I want to see them on cars as I drive this summer.

Here is my idea (you design it)....

Play on the "Just Say No" campaign of the Reagan Era.

on the left side put the MMMA logo

In large bold print put

"Just say No??? No Just Let Go!!!'

under it put in smaller letters

"End Federal Prohibition, let the States Regulate Medical Marijuana'

Themes we can use '17 states and the District of Columbia, and Growing!', " I'm a Patient, Not a Purpetrator! ", and " History is Changing, What Side are YOU on?"

Just some ideas, you take it and run with it....

Dr. Bob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We want it low key, catchy, and positive. We want people thinking about it.

Contest is dependant on MMMA approval. I'll pay for the stickers and provide them to the local clubs to solicit donations. They ARE NOT to involve or name me, my practice, or any other practice. We want the public associating MMJ with health and the easing of suffering.

Got Milk was sucessful because it didn't name a dairy. It dealt with a product in general and all dairys benefited.

Dr. Bob

PS, If folks don't think this is a good idea or the MMMA doesn't like it, we wont do it. But it is good to talk about it.

Edited by Dr. Bob

Doc, please check the valve on that nitrous oxide tank in your office. It is leaking I fear.

With all respect, sir, we are fighting to prevent the police knowing that a driver is a patient or caregiver. Recall those discussions about driving and zero tolerance of THC ??

This idea of bumper stickers on a car puts a bulls-eye on that driver.

How about billboards??

Doc, please check the valve on that nitrous oxide tank in your office. It is leaking I fear.

With all respect, sir, we are fighting to prevent the police knowing that a driver is a patient or caregiver. Recall those discussions about driving and zero tolerance of THC ??

This idea of bumper stickers on a car puts a bulls-eye on that driver.

How about billboards??

yeah thats a pretty stupid idea why not just tint your windows with pot plants

Maybe then if there is a probem with putting a "Kick Me LEO" sticker on the back of our azzes, lawn signs are a better option. We can post paper signs on every lamp and telephone pole out there too.

Putting the argument about bumper stickers behind us, what should the message be?

Were They High???

Do not reelect cannabis opponents.

===================================================================================================================

In all seriousness, it is time to keep things directed toward the election.

the cure is here vote

Washtenaut and Honey Oil also have the right message!

I see Wash' design w a red or orange K for just say KNOW

and the now in bright green: just say KNOW, medical marijuana cures,,,

tie all 3-4 Bold messages together -right in the center- w the same background, a Michigan (hi-five) Mitten perhaps w blue waters, maybe the mitten should be a near clenching fist...Or something else altogether, etc.... Hire a seasoned digital graphic artist. since auto stickers are hazardous, good artwork + message can be applied to anything else: stickers, posters, shirts, press... mail/message ad campaign. ppl will happy to pass this message along, especially when the sentiment and artwork are irresistible.

Making a political statement on a bumper sticker is not a marijuana leaf shaped air freshener any more than having a Ron Paul sticker means you support private ownership of anti-aircraft guns. But if folks think it is a bad idea to make a political statement about federal prohabition or in favor of legalization on a bumper sticker, I can see the objection and will withdraw the contest if that is what folks think is best.

The question now becomes, how do we redirect. Billboards are very expensive, I like the idea of short bullet phrases before the eyes of the public and thought bumperstickers might be the way to do it if the phrase was kept political rather than 'use' oriented. Perhaps T-Shirt iron ons? Any other ideas? Something cost effective to get the message into crowds at shopping malls, sporting events, etc? We need to get folks thinking about the idea of getting the federal government out of state medical marijuana programs.

Dr. Bob

PS, I wasn't really thinking about LEO targeting folks with stickers like that, you guys did and brought it up. That is the kind of critical thinking that really serves this kind of brain storming. I never said I had all the answers, but try and think of things to promote the community and the Act every now and then. It is these kind of discussions that separate the good from the bad ideas.

'Just say KNOW....Please explore the possibilities of Medical Cannabis'

Dang I Iike this one!

Just let GO....End federal prohabition of Medical Cannabis

Just say KNOW....Please explore the possibilities of Medical Cannabis

Nice, short, polictical rather than use oriented. Take off of a VERY well known ad campaign (ever wonder why I use 'Got Pain'?) this sticks in the mind even subconciously.

Cannabis Rules,...Vicodin Drools

The Federal Government is large enough, Let the States regulate medical cannabis!

The one that really stuck out in my mind the first time I saw it was a T-Shirt that said 'Vicodin comes from a Lab, Cannabis comes from God...Who do you trust?'

Dr. Bob

i am all for getting the word out but im not for doing so at the expense of patient freedom. putting anything marijuana related on ones car is simply a horrible idea period, its common sense people, this isnt 1980 anymore. leo has the registry, why give them a reason to run your plate?? 10 days ago Bob said "Don't have a marijuana leaf shaped air freshener" how is a bumper sticker any different?

leo has the registry??? some people think that they do and have had it for a long time but they are not going to tell us that they do imho

nstructions

Communicate your message in eight words or less. If the billboard is near fast-moving traffic, the lettering should be at least 3 feet</span> (.9 m) high. Standard billboards range from 6 by 12 feet (1.8 by 3.7 m) on the small end up to 20 by 60 feet (6.1 by 18.3 m).

Determine your budget</span>. Depending on size and location, expect to pay from $75 to $200 per month for rural sites, and from to $900 to $2,500 per month for city and interstate signs. If you're renting more than one billboard, negotiate a discount. The billboards on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood run $10,000 per month, whereas the monthly tab for the billboard in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is $525 entering town and $375 on your way back out.

•  

Contact the advertising company that owns the billboard (usually posted on a lower corner). Most advertising companies will work with you on your objectives, budget, concept, design, execution and monitoring of traffic that passes by your ad.

Sponsored Links

• Free Website CreationGYBO.com/Michigan
    Creating a website is fast and easy Free from Google to your business!
  • Budget Truck RentalBudgetTruck.com
    Making A Move? Rent One Of Our Signature Trucks & Get BIG Savings!
  • Advertising Your BusinessPRWeb.com
    We Have a Guide to Help Promote Your Business - 14 Ideas - Get Now!
  • Advertise your businesswww.Google.com/AdWords
    Become more visible online Promote your business with Google

Tips & Warnings

•  
    If your cause is sufficiently just, a billboard company may be willing to donate billboard space. You'll still have to pay for the design, printing and mounting costs.

•  
    Tests show that billboards motivate very few people to contact you unless you are giving away a gift or money.

Read more: How to Rent Your Own Billboard | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_110730_rent-own-billboard.html#ixzz1uwWO524c

We had thought about linking it to a web site for more information Q, and the idea of putting it on small common items like pens, lighters, matches is really good. They are passed around like newspapers (we used to calculate 2.7 readers for every issue of our weekly newspaper to estimate readership). We are also doing some work with small, lockable cases to meet the new requirements for transportation.

Anyone out there do transfer printing? What is the wholesale cost of printing an iron on design ready to be applied to a shirt? I still like the idea of 'walking billboards'.

As for the website idea- I wonder if the MMMA might consider a page on this site that does not require a log in where the general public could come for more infomation related to this campaign. Just a place to post their story, get links to news stories, medical studies, etc. It would serve as a great introduction to the MMJ community and the MMMA to the general public, etc. To explore the rest of the site would require a log in.

Ok, so we are on to something. Bumper Stickers are out, but lighters, pens, matches etc are ok. All link to a website where folks can get more information. We can take the opportunity to peake the curiosity of the general public, give them someplace to go for information, and introduce them to the MMMA.

Dr. Bob

<p>

just saying...

Don't be so foolish. A leaf air freshener can be likened to that fool who jumped around in the leaf costume at some of those protests. It denotes the mj subculture and rec use, not med. mj.

I think if you climb out of your tiny box you would see a different perspective. I am not a mj user and I would be happy to make a political statement with a sticker. Imagine 20% of Michigan cars driving around with one. Even 10 %. That would be a big deal.

Many supporters of this movement are not users. That's what you are not getting. Does every runner in the Race for the Cure have breast cancer? Of course not. So try and envision a Michigan, outside your box, where regular people support the movement. Try and envision a Michigan where the families of patients want to support the patient and, therefore, display a sticker. That would be a wonderful thing. Does your mind let you go there...?

Edited by CaveatLector

Little harsh CL, but again pretty accurate. We have to give the public something to get them thinking. That was the concept, to get the message out. I do think that the objections voiced by those that actually use medical cannabis do have some merit. We are looking for the 63% that voted for the Act, not the 2% that actually participate in the program. The problem Q-Tipper and the others see is that how are we going to get the stickers out? At compassion club meetings. We are selecting the 2% to have the stickers.

Perhaps, and I think Q might agree, the stickers are a good idea IF we can find a way to get them into the general public. College campuses for example. That way if we get 100 out and only 1 actually is a patient, we dilute the 'leo magnet' effect enough they won't use it as a profiling tool. The end effect is that the message gets out. When I went to MSU in the 80's there were 40,000 students on that campus alone. Add to that U of M, Ferris, CMU, WMU, Northern, etc. Didn't student organizations play a big role in the passage of the Act in the first place? Time to call on them again perhaps.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Little harsh CL, but again pretty accurate. We have to give the public something to get them thinking. That was the concept, to get the message out. I do think that the objections voiced by those that actually use medical cannabis do have some merit. We are looking for the 63% that voted for the Act, not the 2% that actually participate in the program. The problem Q-Tipper and the others see is that how are we going to get the stickers out? At compassion club meetings. We are selecting the 2% to have the stickers.

Perhaps, and I think Q might agree, the stickers are a good idea IF we can find a way to get them into the general public. College campuses for example. That way if we get 100 out and only 1 actually is a patient, we dilute the 'leo magnet' effect enough they won't use it as a profiling tool. The end effect is that the message gets out. When I went to MSU in the 80's there were 40,000 students on that campus alone. Add to that U of M, Ferris, CMU, WMU, Northern, etc. Didn't student organizations play a big role in the passage of the Act in the first place? Time to call on them again perhaps.

Dr. Bob

Harsh? No! Harsh is flippant fools who cannot see beyond the nose on their face and, therefore, shoot down ideas that could make a difference

Not shot down, only redirected. I never would have thought about the student organizations and the need to get it specifically into the non-patient population had he not brought up the leo magnet objection. Every objection, even the flippant ones, can be used to strengthen the overall concept if we redirect them properly.

Dr. Bob

harsh...yup.

superior....yup.

arrogant...yup.

The usual....yup

Keep up that unity thing ya got going there. Inclusive, right?

No,the better idea for unity is to eviscerate a professional contributing to these forums because, on first blush, you don't like his ideas. That's really smart. Good way to operate. And when someone points out that his idea is workable that makes them arrogant. Good one there. Unity? Nope! Stupid? Yup!