Contest By Dr. Bob- Win A Free Recertification With Records

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little harsh CL, but again pretty accurate. We have to give the public something to get them thinking. That was the concept, to get the message out. I do think that the objections voiced by those that actually use medical cannabis do have some merit. We are looking for the 63% that voted for the Act, not the 2% that actually participate in the program. The problem Q-Tipper and the others see is that how are we going to get the stickers out? At compassion club meetings. We are selecting the 2% to have the stickers.

Perhaps, and I think Q might agree, the stickers are a good idea IF we can find a way to get them into the general public. College campuses for example. That way if we get 100 out and only 1 actually is a patient, we dilute the 'leo magnet' effect enough they won't use it as a profiling tool. The end effect is that the message gets out. When I went to MSU in the 80's there were 40,000 students on that campus alone. Add to that U of M, Ferris, CMU, WMU, Northern, etc. Didn't student organizations play a big role in the passage of the Act in the first place? Time to call on them again perhaps.

Dr. Bob

I have imagined grow stores being excellent display locations. Many are found in strip malls, and putting something like this on the sidewalk in front for passers by to pick up is an option. Otrherwise they may be expected to permit lawn and streetwalk signs that display the message and inviting people in for free stuff, and even banners on their buildings. It is not a stretch to expect that they would perhaps see enough value to help foot the bill.

Grow stores, IMCO, could provide possibly the single best networking opportunity for us. Between those and compassion clubs, someting workable can be arranged.

We have ideas and at least the beginnings of significant interest, but who are the point people for this effort? Thanks go out the the good Doctor for his offers of help. I will do whatever I can. Finding some relief through chiropractic, I am now at least able to walk a few days a week. Mr. Kormon is carrying a heavy load with the larger issues, but I think would do well to delegate some of these efforts through his organization. How about you zap? It is unclear what your position involves, whether it is as an IT admin and mod, or something more authoritative and responsible.

We need not sell the public on the safety and efficiacy of cannabis. Support has been demonstrated in spades at the polls, in responses to the media, and with our activism in congress and local government.

The next play that the public will be involved in is the election. If we keep things geared toward that, we will not waste our time and effort.

Edited by GregS

I disagree..that's exactly what we need to do imo. We are in the know..but many are not..and that's a very large part of our problem!

And, unless I am missing something, continuing education can be amply provided in our election efforts. I do not mean to diminish your apparent good will and enthusiasm AK. I would simply argue that the campaign looms as the most immediate and opportune play. We have 70% buy in by the electorate now, and I don't see that going away any time soon. By all means, continue with basic education, but we would be remiss to fail to put the lion's share of our effort into candidates who support us, and dumping those who do not. Hell, we do not have dollar one to pursue this with yet, aside from Dbob's generous offer, and some remarks here are downright ungrateful. We know, we know. Bumper stickers are maybe not the best option, but there are dozens of others.

Are we cats?

Edited by GregS

And, unless I am missing something, continuing education can be amply provided in our election efforts. I do not mean to diminish your apparent good will and enthusiasm AK. I would simply argue that the campaign looms as the most immediate and opportune play. We have 70% buy in by the electorate now, and I don't see that going away any time soon. By all means, continue with basic education, but we would be remiss to fail to put the lion's share of our effort into candidates who support us, and dumping those who do not. Hell, we do not have dollar one to pursue this with yet, aside from Dbob's generous offer, and some remarks here are downright ungrateful. We know, we know. Bumper stickers are maybe not the best option, but there are dozens of others.

Are we cats?

Our law was voted in with 63%. If there were another vote today we would not get 63% of the vote guaranteed. The negativity and the abuses of this program have truly hurt us. Some of those who actually voted for this law are now speaking against it, saying things like..this is not what I voted for! You are mistaking enthusiasm for concern..I am saying we need to be careful how we move forward right now.Continued Education? Remember there are some who are not yet educated at all!

And just remember the old proverb..Action without vision is a nightmare!!

You know, it really amazes me that simply presenting an idea designed to do something good can result in an argument. How do you expect to get along with society in general when we can't even discuss something as friends in our own communtiy.

I think I need to just take a break and let you all sort this out amongst yourselves.

Dr. Bob

Hmm,...

I have worse arguments with my pickle jars!... :rolleyes:

Anyhow,... messaging is important. It is something we have failed with isnce the Election IMO.

Good idea to improve messaging; bumper stickers was just the wrong medium to use.

Most of us can now avoid prosecution, but we are still living in the shadows whether we like it or not.

The "public" has no idea what our program is and its successes. The LTE exposure is atrocious. The few are see are always complaining one way or the other from both sides of the issue. We need LTE's that make people want to support us. Simple basic positive educational pieces and success stories that are nothing more than success stories and thank yous.

:-)

It's a start.

Hmm,...

I have worse arguments with my pickle jars!... :rolleyes:

Anyhow,... messaging is important. It is something we have failed with isnce the Election IMO.

Good idea to improve messaging; bumper stickers was just the wrong medium to use.

Most of us can now avoid prosecution, but we are still living in the shadows whether we like it or not.

The "public" has no idea what our program is and its successes. The LTE exposure is atrocious. The few are see are always complaining one way or the other from both sides of the issue. We need LTE's that make people want to support us. Simple basic positive educational pieces and success stories that are nothing more than success stories and thank yous.

:-)

It's a start.

I agree.

"Pro-Health" could encompass natural and homeopathic medicines. Medicine of Need. Medicine of Choice. Quality of Life. Healthy living. etc etc etc.

It is simply an example of how to utilize and make overly broad your messaging. I just threw that together to give people a better route of thought to work from. Think sneaksy.

And who isn't Pro-Health?

Haha...

So, figure out phrases or wtvr. Just wanted to move the conversation past talk. Put up.

We need phraseology like that so we can ask questions like "Representative, why are you voting against the pro-health agenda?" And things like that.

I am not suggesting "Pro Health" as my suggestion, just trying to push people to find the write words or whatnot.

Edited by Malamute

I will suggest "Pot of Gold": Protecting medical cannabis

The graphic brand image would be a gold cannabis leaf with or without being configured with a caudeceus or rod of Asclepius. Google is your friend. Then maybe a pot with solid gold cannabis leaves would make the point.

It has many possible connotations and subtexts, and commands attention. Putting it everywhere to the point that it becomes ubiqitous is key. I hope that it has caused double takes by the time you read this, with some asking WTF??, and leaving a lasting impression.

It is the beginning and end of branding.

Edited by GregS

great ideas people. gonna try like heck to come up w something original myself before i show up n try to critique anything... one thing I'd eco is the importance in evaluating all the connotations of our message, wether implied or not. Wow Bob actually grabbed that domain name,

Just say Know! it really does have the potential catch phrase to draw ppl. in further. hoping to hear more of that NOW in 'Know' and less of the No part. I guess i'd spell it out for full-effect, know... 'K'-n-o-w.

I am going to set up justsayknow as a non-commercial information site. Cost $200 so I'm pretty serious about it. I'm going to have a couple of sections. The first is going to be the story of the patient. Patients can, without putting in identifying information, tell of their experience with medical marijuana. The next section will be 'faces of medical marijuana' where folks can, again with no identifying date, take a snapshot of themselves with their webcam to show the face of medical marijuana. I'll also have a section on medical research.

The goal is to increase education of the general public, provide resources for news agencies and the legislature, and get some interest in medical marijuana and perhaps industrial hemp.

I'm going to print a crap load of www.justsayknow.org bumperstickers and hand them out at college campuses to increase awareness of the campaign. There are other organizations that work on the local level, and I'll make the site available to them.

Dr. Bob

No, my site will be www.justsayknow.org.

Funny I got justsayknow.us for 10 bucks, justsayknow.org for 200, and some a-hole wanted $15,000 for justsayknow.com

I think the dashes will make it more difficult to remember, justsayknow is much easier and it will be an org so it is perfect.

Dr. Bob

<p>

Don't be so foolish. A leaf air freshener can be likened to that fool who jumped around in the leaf costume at some of those protests. It denotes the mj subculture and rec use, not med. mj.

I think if you climb out of your tiny box you would see a different perspective. I am not a mj user and I would be happy to make a political statement with a sticker. Imagine 20% of Michigan cars driving around with one. Even 10 %. That would be a big deal.

Many supporters of this movement are not users. That's what you are not getting. Does every runner in the Race for the Cure have breast cancer? Of course not. So try and envision a Michigan, outside your box, where regular people support the movement. Try and envision a Michigan where the families of patients want to support the patient and, therefore, display a sticker. That would be a wonderful thing. Does your mind let you go there...?

who jumped around in the leaf costume at some of those protests It denotes the mj subculture and rec use not med mj

i think i no him and you may be right the Government is never going to change their mind about marijuana if we keep acting like that

FREE THE WEED slogans will never help either