Jackson Medical Marijuana Likely To End Up In Court, Advocates Say

JC3 is a solid compassion club, with extensive educational activities, and a radio show. If they dispensed meds, I don't know.

The JCFM is Joe's thing set up to do p2p, cg2cg, and other types of transfers. It was loud and in your face vs the solid, quiet work of JC3. Joe was basically daring folks to question his version of reality and apparently they are. Good organizations are suffering as a result.

Dr. Bob

Would you agree this is a much larger issue then any one person and it also is a battle that had to be fought or no ? Everyday people show their hate for Joe Cain first and think of what their doing to patients and their real need of safe , affordable access which the Farmers Market Model provides over other forms of dispensation second .

I don't even know if you all hate Joe Cain so much as people are afraid of being associated with him as he goes down whatever road his beliefs are going to take him . I don't understand what unambigious complaince is . I really don't .It is three years and our lawmakers still argue over rules that develop after patients have acted in good faith .

Edited by Croppled1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a crying shame that they are shut down, period. FM's are a good thing, too bad they were not all over and ran by other people so it would not be judged for who runs it instead of what it stands for. Gotta get past that part folks we need safe access for the patients and dispensaries and FM's should be allowed. That is our REAL fight, our real Issues or should at least be.

Farmer's markets are NOT LEGAL it does not matter who is running it.

ok, sorry for going way off topic here

its just hard to understand when two men are protecting there interests, both in the same manner, are treated so differently.

Reread this post several times and even looked back at previous posts. I still have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

We have a bill right now to make dispensaries legal and hopefully FM's will follow. I did not state they are legal I stated we need safe access. Will you please lay off me. The Point is we Need to fight against the bills that aren't helping us, make the reps and the Public see who we are, change what they perceive us to be, what they believe FM's and dispensaries are.

Edited by restlesslegs

There are and have been other FMs in the state. ALL of them are, or were, possibly operating illegally as the law is being interpreted.

Yes, they are a great model for dispensing medicine to patients.

Yes, most of the people here agree they are awesome.

NO, they cannot be endorsed or advertised here publicly because their legality is still in question.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that we cannot PUBLICLY condone any actions that might be construed as illegal?

We have a bill right now to make dispensaries legal and hopefully FM's will follow. I did not state they are legal I stated we need safe access. Will you please lay off me. The Point is we Need to fight against the bills, make the reps and the Public see who we are.

Do you like the dispensary bill?

I think it is a crying shame that they are shut down, period. FM's are a good thing, too bad they were not all over and ran by other people so it would not be judged for who runs it instead of what it stands for. Gotta get past that part folks we need safe access for the patients and dispensaries and FM's should be allowed. That is our REAL fight, our real Issues or should at least be.

sounds like your leader gave you some koolaid and sent you out to try and drum up some buiseness. think about all the peoples asses that were put on the line when they were lyed to and told it was all legal.restless your really starting to sound just like joe

IMO, I would say as a new patient in the program that Compassion Clubs that run as legal safe clubs, can be any club as long as you feel it is one that has your safety and best interest at heart. Is a good way to meet and great with the community. there are many ways to find a CG next to a CC though just browse this site you will find CG looking for PTs on any given day. That route is for yourself to decide which is best for you personally. I would agree with you statements, offsite transfers through your assigned CG, not bought at a club from another that isn't your CG.. As for where and how you obtain your meds, that is up to you just be aware that p2p is not legal. thus you have to either grow your own or find a CG that you trust and per the law that is the route to obtain your meds legally. threw your assigned CG. 1 cg - 5 pts is how to obtain meds legally. cannot legally transfer from one Pt to another Trix :bong2:

P2P is illegal? Says who? The AG! I thought the Michigan Supreme Court expressed an opinion that totally slapped down his interpretation of the Act. Did I miss something or will the recent ruling have no effect on interpretation of any other areas of the Act?

sounds like your leader gave you some koolaid and sent you out to try and drum up some buiseness. think about all the peoples asses that were put on the line when they were lyed to and told it was all legal.restless your really starting to sound just like joe

Oh don't be silly. Gees come on folks get past this Joe is and your that and darn folks we need to get back on track with everything we do! It always seems to come down to Joe and his "cronies" and the other side. Hey I am wanting the same I do believe we all want, safe access, less aggressive behavior from law enforcement and they follow the act, our freedom and our rights given back to us. All of us need to stop this stuff and get our focus back on where it needs to be. The dispensary bill as it stands is not good but there is good language in that bill and hopefully if it passes it will help all of us and then hopefully FM's will follow.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3u3nPO8KXs]

name='cheesewreck' timestamp='1339003441' post='390456']

:lol: Doesn't it though?

Questions: Is your leader still claiming his FM is a non profit? Is he registered as a NP? Still claiming all profits go to "poor patients?" If so maybe we can take a look at his books? Just curious whether he got his accounting in order or whether he's using the, "one dollar for poor patients, one for me, one dollar for poor patients, 3 for me," method?

Fast forward to 00:36 on this video. This is how I picture jojo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3u3nPO8KXs

Edited by CaveatLector

There are and have been other FMs in the state. ALL of them are, or were, possibly operating illegally as the law is being interpreted.

Yes, they are a great model for dispensing medicine to patients.

Yes, most of the people here agree they are awesome.

NO, they cannot be endorsed or advertised here publicly because their legality is still in question.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that we cannot PUBLICLY condone any actions that might be construed as illegal?

Thanks that brought clarity to me.

Restless let me remind you site policy here is UNAMBIGUOUS COMPLIANCE. If you don't like it than by all means take Dr. Bob's advice and go post elsewhere. If you plan to continue posting here please follow site rules. Just for clarity..farmer's markets are NOT LEGAL. It does not matter who runs it, or what you would like..again they ARE NOT LEGAL. Please do not post about the market here anymore. Also keep all posts to site policy..UNAMBIGUOUS COMPLIANCE. If you don't understand the law well enough to know what that means..then start paying attention to those here that do.

See my previous post on a faith based argument. Clearly they don't want to hear from those that do.

Dr. Bob

Farmer's markets are NOT LEGAL it does not matter who is running it.

jc3 and jfm are fighting same thing, both have said a law suit is an option. One gets props the other gets digs.

You know you have a point there. He did say that over at JC3. The difference is one of approach I think. While I don't think a suit has a prayer, one is viewed more as an innocent bystander (JC3) and the other as the one that caused the problem to begin with with all the legally compliant in your face crap that confused and damaged the community (no desent was allowed). You are correct, it isn't the lawsuit threat (though no one likes to be threatened, especially by those that are trying to 'influence' you to decide an issue their way). The real anger is the approach used which was deliberately confrontational and designed to result in a push back by the locals and the AG to try and force the issue of farmers markets.

Dr. Bob

P2P is illegal? Says who? The AG! I thought the Michigan Supreme Court expressed an opinion that totally slapped down his interpretation of the Act. Did I miss something or will the recent ruling have no effect on interpretation of any other areas of the Act?

Yes you have missed something. Go back and read. Then study McQueen, and the Act itself. Then ask someone to explain them if need be.

Restless let me remind you site policy here is UNAMBIGUOUS COMPLIANCE. If you don't like it than by all means take Dr. Bob's advice and go post elsewhere. If you plan to continue posting here please follow site rules. Just for clarity..farmer's markets are NOT LEGAL. It does not matter who runs it, or what you would like..again they ARE NOT LEGAL. Please do not post about the market here anymore. Also keep all posts to site policy..UNAMBIGUOUS COMPLIANCE. If you don't understand the law well enough to know what that means..then start paying attention to those here that do.

I thought nobody here understood the legality of the Farmers Markets and everyone was waiting for a ruling on the Kalamazoo case to examine CTG to P transfers ? I read this site daily for the past three years and it supported them as legal even qouting the act and explaining why . As a patient I can aquire from anywhere also as deciminated by this site is that also untrue ? The AG's office has at times stated it isn't . Is the law whatever Bill Schuette tries to enforce as head of the opposition before and after the election of 2008 ? I just want to know how to comply .

As far as unmbiguous compliance what is it ? The MMMA no longer supports any transfers , and driving ?

The recent Supreme Court ruling had nothing to do with P2P. Did you read the ruling at all?

We have a bill right now to make dispensaries legal and hopefully FM's will follow. I did not state they are legal I stated we need safe access. Will you please lay off me. The Point is we Need to fight against the bills that aren't helping us, make the reps and the Public see who we are, change what they perceive us to be, what they believe FM's and dispensaries are.

The people behind the dispensaries will never allow the FM's to compete and destroy their cash cow regulated money train they will monopolize supply by . Without FM's to keep them honest from the word go dispensaries will never be much of a factor for those chronically ill and huge drains on the resources of people facing end of life . We have already seen supply is much more restricted then Ca. here which has created higher prices in many dispensaries that formed . Only the FM's with patients who were also caregivers have shown true compassion for others . I know for one if I am going to hand over money I would rather give it to another patient that can grow I know is discriminated against in emoloyment whenever that is clearly legal .

As a patient I am going to get sick and my grow will die from time to time requireing a secondary source . I need that access or storage surely law enforcement can tell who is diverting and who isn't just like they always had to before just growing was considered enough evidence that one was also distributing . After the Act now that simply isn't true if it ever was . We need proper law reform in Lansing . The first paragraphs of the Act state the voters intent that cannabis has medical uses also . Why does nobody ever mention that ?

I do care about all of you and knowing how illness effects one I refuse to turn on any patient especially Joe Cain who I have seen and read so many compassionate posts from even if he has placed people at risk and I have no idea of any improprieties and it is wrong of people to infer that hurting everyone unless they have proof . I believe he created the market with good intent and by now everyone knows the risks . People were pointing them out all along .

Edited by Croppled1

So show me where Farmers Markets ARE NOT LEGAL. The COA intentionally dodged this issue and did not rule on it therefore their status is unknown...

16 In addition, because the “medical use” of marihuana does not include the “sale” of marihuana,

defendants are not entitled to receive compensation for the costs of assisting in the “sale” of

marihuana between CA members. See MCL 333.26424(e) (“A registered primary caregiver may

receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the

medical use of marihuana.”). Also, in regard to § 4(e), the parties disagree whether a registered

primary caregiver may receive compensation for the costs associated with assisting any

registered qualifying patient in the “medical use” of marihuana or whether a registered primary

caregiver may only receive compensation for assisting the qualifying patients with whom he or

she is connected through the MDCH registry process. Because of our conclusion that the

“medical use” of marihuana does not include the “sale” of marihuana, we need not, and therefore

do not, resolve this dispute.

This means that the question of legality has not been defined. You are refusing to see the truth as much as the other side. FARMERS MARKETS MAY OR MAY NOT BE LEGAL, AT THIS TIME IT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED BY THE COURTS. You can either answer this or you can do what you do best and lock the thread cause it doesn't agree with your flawed way of thinking.

Mike