Come on Zap. Thousands of letters have been written. Phone calls have been made. Meetings have been attended. This community has done what you asked. Why shouldnt we put faces on these letters? You know how to organize these functions. Alot of this community has asked you to host a rally. Ive written my letters. Made my phone calls and had my meetings. And ive been to a few protests. But I havent been to one of yours yet. I sure would like to. The weather has been beautiful! Medcnman.

We are in a "fight" that will take a decade(s).

And it all starts with one step.

I think Zapatosunidos put up a great list of what the community can do to help. Options for most types of people are available. Pick one and get to work. Way fewer "real" letters are delivered than people think. Way fewer phone calls are made than people think. WAY fewer in person meetings with Rep's/Senators occur than you think. There is endless work to be done. In the time it took you to write these negative replies, you could have phoned, wrote or made an appointment to meet with your rep./senator, or worked towards accomplishing something in that list.

I will go with the Bambi rule:

Hahaha...

Get to work my friends.

Edit: My post was really meant for this topic. Sorry:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/40059-what-can-i-do-right-now-to-help-the-mmma/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by Malamute

131,000 registered patients and counting. Outside of the bunch of us that are activist and or forum members most of them have almost no clue about what has been happening. I know that sounds so unbelievable it is hard to wrap our minds around but it is true. If the silent/blind patients and Cg's would ever wake up we would have the numbers we need. The longer this goes on tho the more hopeless I am of that happening.

131,000 registered patients and counting. Outside of the bunch of us that are activist and or forum members most of them have almost no clue about what has been happening. I know that sounds so unbelievable it is hard to wrap our minds around but it is true. If the silent/blind patients and Cg's would ever wake up we would have the numbers we need. The longer this goes on tho the more hopeless I am of that happening.

we are drowning in a sea of ignorance. well said, i pray that we can do something to alter that.

Ignorance has an antidote at least.

Education.

How do we educate everyone?

Patient support groups, compassion clubs, Letter to the Editor, Letters and phone calls and meeting with Government, online communication, seminars, speaking engagements etc,

Willing to help?

Check this thread: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/40059-what-can-i-do-right-now-to-help-the-mmma/page__fromsearch__1

... and pick one thing to help with.

You can. As noted there are 131,000 patients out there, 25,000 on this site and something less than 500 who actively work on the politics. 300 Spartans disrupted the Persians, but imagine what would have happened if there had been 3000? They would be speaking Greek in Iran to this day.

Dr. Bob

House Bill 4856 (Substitute H-3 as passed by the House) Sponsor: Representative Ben Glardon

House Committee: Judiciary

Senate Committee: Judiciary

Date Completed: 6-11-12

CONTENT

The bill would amend the Michigan Penal Code to restrict the transportation or possession of medical marihuana in or upon a vehicle designed for land travel.

Specifically, the bill would prohibit a person from transporting or possessing "usable marihuana", as defined in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), in or upon a motor vehicle or any self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel unless the usable marihuana was enclosed in a case carried in the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle did not have a trunk, the marihuana would have to be enclosed in a case that was not readily accessible from the interior of the vehicle.

A violation of the bill would be a misdemeanor punishable by up to 93 days' imprisonment and/or a maximum fine of $500.

(The MMMA defines "usable marihuana" as the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation of the dried leaves and flowers. The term does not include the seeds, stalks, or roots of the plant.)

Proposed MCL 750.474 Legislative Analyst: Patrick Affholter

FISCAL IMPACT

The bill would have an indeterminate fiscal impact on local units; the impact is indeterminate because there are no data to indicate how many individuals would be convicted of the proposed misdemeanor. To the extent that such convictions resulted, local costs for incarceration and/or community supervision could increase accordingly. Penal fine revenue of up to $500 per violation would benefit public libraries.

Fiscal Analyst: Dan O'Connor

Edited by bobandtorey