I Have Room To Grow.....or Do I?

Nrthcntryman

I provide care for myself and a close friend on mine was in a car accident, he recently obtained his card and ask me to be his caregiver.....I told him that I really wasn't interested in providing care to others cause I can barely keep up with the care for myself.

He then explained to me that he wants to provide his own care but he just doesn't have the room so he asked me if he could grow his meds at my place.....I told him I would give him a answer in a few days that I wanted to look into this.....can I do this? Do our grows have to be in seperate areas or can we share the same space?

Thank you for any input on this issue.

I provide care for myself and a close friend on mine was in a car accident, he recently obtained his card and ask me to be his caregiver.....I told him that I really wasn't interested in providing care to others cause I can barely keep up with the care for myself.

He then explained to me that he wants to provide his own care but he just doesn't have the room so he asked me if he could grow his meds at my place.....I told him I would give him a answer in a few days that I wanted to look into this.....can I do this? Do our grows have to be in seperate areas or can we share the same space?

from a grower's perspective... i wouldn't want anyone else coming into my place, anywhere near my garden... to do their own project. any errors and/or problems he has (read as mold and/or bugs)... you will likely get too... or vice versa.

legally, it would just be easiest to take him on & cover the whole grow under the caregiver agreement... saves the issue of separately locked facilities... and any address issues that might be. wouldn't be surprised if he asks you to do chores every now & then anyway, so what's the real difference?

if it's all under your name, and you do the work... you maintain full control of the environment. that's the grower again... ;-)

I would be leary of letting people grow at my place as there are always times when your in grey areas no matter how hard you try to follow the law and thats not even taking into consideration trying to participate in a way that provides for your medical needs in actual practice . It is hard enough if not impossible to cover ones own tail until we are given rule books with simple rules severely ill and injured individuals can understand and comply with while providing for their needs . This is not recreational use , many require constant therapuetic levels and concentrates . I fear loosing grow rights and will never stop advocating for them and reasonable rules . However I also pray for pharmacuetical based medicines and concentrates to be coverred by insurance with research . There is allot to this . I haven't improved but I do find comfort where there was none at times . I have hope for progress if people ever settle down and accept this so they actaully work on the problems surrounding drug therapy of which the worst center around many of our current FDA meds and finding proper dosing when were all such different complex organisms often requiring the opposite of the next individual while people try to find similarities to save money and time . Many of us went into this because we were suffering so much arlready with nobody effectively addressing our situations . We truly are trying to treat ourselves because nobody else was successful . .

Edited by Croppled1

For both of you, I would insist on being his legal caregiver. Who does what and who pays for this or that could be worked out between you two. He could still come over and help with plants or trim, but he would be covered as your patient. There are plenty of caregiver patients that are friends or relatives with little or no money exchanged. It just depends on what you gree to......shredder

• 2 weeks later...

Your friend registered as having NO CAREGIVER, thus is maintaining procession of his/her plants.

If these plants are where you live and enjoy the freedom to come & go, so aren’t you in procession of his plants.

If I were you, I would not housed these plants unless I were the caregiver (not landlord) of said plants. CYA!!!