:rolleyes: Hi Ya'll I can hardly believe it! I finnaly recieved my card today. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful country. It could be worse. But that 112 day wait was awful to take....

Awosome!

Good for you man i remember the day mine arrived a big weight was raised off my shoulders and i started growing my own meds maybe if your not doing anything this sunday you can come up to grilled cheese and tomato soup hang out and celebrate your new found freedom with us . :)

Congratulations to you. I sent my renewal in on 3/30, 2010, check cashed 4/2. Must say they don't waste any time cashing in on our money. Now if they could only provide the service they are being paid for in a timely manner.

kjd~

That makes me assume that their top priority is opening envelopes, checking to see if the paperwork is correct, taking the check, cashing it, and then putting it into a pile.

I assume that the processing of these piles and use of the machine to print cards take secondary priority to opening and cashing checks...

what else would we expect from unwatched government? lol

no but really check out the link in the politics section about the state house oversight committee meeting on the 15th. it will let you know that they are working on it. i guess thats some type of victory. lets hope they don't drag their feet, they sound like they are pretty serious, only giving the software company 5 days to test their software. i do worry a bit about privatizing this system, but the company that is getting the opportunity already has their software system implemented processing the California MMJ program. So I they get a few +reps in my opinion for that.

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/17510-house-oversight-committee-4-15-10/page__p__152937__fromsearch__1entry152937

Guest thequietone

Date received 12-15-09, date approved 12-30-09 and it arrived today. It took 112 days give or take a day. Congrats to those who also received their cards lately.

Congrats Motown!! With how long the wait is getting to be we should start sending in our renewals as soon as we receive the card. LOL

Anybody have a clue about the renewal process? If so, would you please comment on it? I've no idea about how that works, when to begin applying for the renewal, etc. My card has yet to arrive. My check for the application was cashed by the State of Michigan on January 25, 2010. I hope to get my card this month!

When I was here two weeks ago I had called to get a status and they were working on late November then. Now I'm a newbie but I finally got my card today. I applied December 3rd or at least thats when I sent it in. The crazy thing is, they are only good for one year and my card was activated on January 1st. In 9 months I will have to renew my card. Who wants to make a bet there will be laps time without a valid card. Oh well, just wanted to give an update.

The new site looks cool but a little confusing right now. Took me by surprise!

Cheers, Tom

Anybody have a clue about the renewal process? If so, would you please comment on it? I've no idea about how that works, when to begin applying for the renewal, etc. My card has yet to arrive. My check for the application was cashed by the State of Michigan on January 25, 2010. I hope to get my card this month!

the state should send you a renewal application 2 months before your card expires.

you have to get a recommendation signed by a doctor again, and resubmit it.

since they cant get us our cards on time as defined by law, i doubt they will issue renewals in a timely fashion as well.

so, i believe if you carry a copy of your renewal form with your old card u should be fine until a new card arrives.

MDCH Renewal Application Info

MDCH Renewal Application