I have a question, and I think this is the correct forum...

I went for an appointment with a place that offers a full service, from doctor's visit to handling all paperwork. The state received my application on Nov. 9th, and cashed the check shortly thereafter, and I got my "kit" from them a few days ago.

After looking over things a few more times, I realized the name they wrote on the check is not my full first name. It's an abbreviation for a rather uncommon name, and the last name is correct.

The actual application information and spelling is 100% correct, just an abbreviated spelling on the check. Is this a potential issue?

I wouldn't think it would be an issue, there's nothing in the law that says you, as an applying patient, have to pay the state fee. For example, John Smith's applying for his patient card, but Joe Schmo is his caregiver...I would certainly think John could make his application with a check from Joe. Anyone know something otherwise?

Either way, they'll take forever and probably wind up screwing it up somehow. My last name's spelled incorrectly on my card and I've yet to receive a response to my emails. The way the MDCH has handled the MM program so far is utterly shameful.

I wouldn't think it would be an issue, there's nothing in the law that says you, as an applying patient, have to pay the state fee. For example, John Smith's applying for his patient card, but Joe Schmo is his caregiver...I would certainly think John could make his application with a check from Joe. Anyone know something otherwise?

Either way, they'll take forever and probably wind up screwing it up somehow. My last name's spelled incorrectly on my card and I've yet to receive a response to my emails. The way the MDCH has handled the MM program so far is utterly shameful.

I knew a 2nd party check was alright (preferred it since it doesn't involve my banking records), I was just worried about potential issues with the abbreviation. With my legal date coming so shortly, I don't want to mess it up because of someone's lazy penmanship!

Thank you for the reply and your insight in any case.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I renewed our cards Sept 2010, cards were good till Oct 2010.

Lansing lost our checks so were denied registration.

We received Rescind Denial Letter mid Oct when they located our checks, they were deposited in the wrong account.

Just received our cards, both with incorrect information, not reflecting our renewal apps.

Arrrg.