from dec 10 2009 to april 9th 2010

and get this crap it says was isued dec 30.

and goes bad 1/1/2011

what BS so i lost 1/3 of my card time.

how early can i start aplying for my new card?

if it takes as long as this did i may cry...

again... lol

you didn't lose 1/3 of your card time. u had your paperwork.

"Section 9b If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identificaton application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

-Michigan Medical Marihuana Act - Sec 9

thats why it its date of issue is dec 30. 20 days after the 10th when it was signed by the doc. u were legal on dec 30 to grow, buy, have, use.

in fact if it goes bad on the 1st, then they auctually gave you 1 extra day for free!

the state should send you a renewal application 2 months before your card expires.

you have to get a recommendation signed by a doctor again, and resubmit it.

since they cant get us our cards on time as defined by law, i doubt they will issue renewals in a timely fashion as well.

so, if you carry a copy of your renewal form with your old card (u dont HAVE to carry old card) u ARE covered until a new card arrives.

MDCH Renewal Application Info

MDCH Renewal Application

Anybody have a clue about the renewal process? If so, would you please comment on it? I've no idea about how that works, when to begin applying for the renewal, etc. My card has yet to arrive. My check for the application was cashed by the State of Michigan on January 25, 2010. I hope to get my card this month!

They send you the renewal forms 60 days before your card expires. When I got mine I made the appointment with the doctor and had it back in the mail within 5 days. Still haven't gotten mine back and it expires on May 1. The renewal forms are the same as the original ones it just has renewal stamped on the top.

Congrats to all who have solidified their new found freedom! My info was mailed 2-16-10. The check was cashed three days later! According to Michigan Law, voted BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE, I was approved on February 19th, 2010 and it only took THREE days!!! that is WONDERFUL news for patients! The cards are nice when they arrive but they are not required for patients to begin treatment. In time patient's will one day be able to download cards via an e-mail approval system. If the Michigan Medical Cannabis Community continues a top-notch approach to ALL areas of Medicinal Marijuana, the citizens of this GREAT state will rally behind us. The MMMA must remain a leader in the Cannabis Compassion Cause. We MUST continue to educate those that do not understand and at the same time be diligent learners. IMHO, it is ok to push the envelope, it is not ok to ignore it's contents. Michigan is a THE LEADER in the US Medical Cannabis Movement, we must continue a strong and steady march.

LoVe and PeAce

Congrats to all who have solidified their new found freedom! My info was mailed 2-16-10. The check was cashed three days later! According to Michigan Law, voted BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE, I was approved on February 19th, 2010 and it only took THREE days!!! that is WONDERFUL news for patients! The cards are nice when they arrive but they are not required for patients to begin treatment. In time patient's will one day be able to download cards via an e-mail approval system. If the Michigan Medical Cannabis Community continues a top-notch approach to ALL areas of Medicinal Marijuana, the citizens of this GREAT state will rally behind us. The MMMA must remain a leader in the Cannabis Compassion Cause. We MUST continue to educate those that do not understand and at the same time be diligent learners. IMHO, it is ok to push the envelope, it is not ok to ignore it's contents. Michigan is a THE LEADER in the US Medical Cannabis Movement, we must continue a strong and steady march.

LoVe and PeAce

Strong and steady March come join us in Lansing March 17 see the By the people for the people

approved Feb 26th, check cashed March 5th.

Tried to work the system and send in for a replacement card before my original card was issued...state of Michigan certainly cashed that $10 check with a quickness, but lo, nothing yet.

My hind-quarters are sore sitting on several pieces of paper in my wallet in lieu of a card they should be able to have the DMV print out. Really? I can get general ids, drivers lic, and passports, but a pvc card that would run through an epson printer?

Its not their job to like the law....it's their job to execute the will of the people. that's what they conveniently forget.

They send you the renewal forms 60 days before your card expires. When I got mine I made the appointment with the doctor and had it back in the mail within 5 days. Still haven't gotten mine back and it expires on May 1. The renewal forms are the same as the original ones it just has renewal stamped on the top.

I sent my renewal and my check was cashed 3/30/10. Card expires May 1 also.

LoVe and PeAce

Well, that is not necessarily true. They cash all the checks as it is better to cash them for safe keeping than to have a bunch of checks laying around for 100 days. So, those get pulled first and sent to the bank. Most people don't get their money back because, unless you faked your paperwork, or there is a clerical error, the State can't deny you. That is up to the DR. Once the Doc approves you, you are technically "legal" you just need to register. So, The check being cashed is only good to you as one more piece of proof to LEO that you sent in the proper items.

ALSO~~ It is really disheartening that they are cutting people's year short. By making the date they have to renew be the month following when they received the paperwork, Not the month following when the cards are actually mailed. IE~ Sent paperwork 1/10, received card 4/10, but the date of expiration is 2/11. Only giving the patient 9 months of card carrying protection. Not 12 months, as it should be.

Well, that is not necessarily true. They cash all the checks as it is better to cash them for safe keeping than to have a bunch of checks laying around for 100 days. So, those get pulled first and sent to the bank. Most people don't get their money back because, unless you faked your paperwork, or there is a clerical error, the State can't deny you. That is up to the DR. Once the Doc approves you, you are technically "legal" you just need to register. So, The check being cashed is only good to you as one more piece of proof to LEO that you sent in the proper items.

ALSO~~ It is really disheartening that they are cutting people's year short. By making the date they have to renew be the month following when they received the paperwork, Not the month following when the cards are actually mailed. IE~ Sent paperwork 1/10, received card 4/10, but the date of expiration is 2/11. Only giving the patient 9 months of card carrying protection. Not 12 months, as it should be.

yeah your card needs to be renewed but dont forget that you are legal after 20 days with paperwork and copy of cashed check

and for me, this means technically i will be legal for 53 weeks before my first renewal which is 1/1/11 so im not complaining

yeah the physical card takes a while to arrive but you are LEGAL after 20 days so you are getting more than 9 months of legality so dont complain