:rolleyes: Hi Ya'll I can hardly believe it! I finnaly recieved my card today. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful country. It could be worse. But that 112 day wait was awful to take....

My renewal took 6 months...2 e-mails and 3 phone calls to the MDCH then to a person in quality control. But they cashed it right away then lost any record of it even being in Lansing. Good thing I did certified mail and a check that was traceable. 100 bucks for what....nothing really inthe eyes of some rogue units no card=no protection.

Edited by Chicodog1

My card arrived yesterday finally!

10/12/2010 - Mailed paperwork

10/20/2010 - Check Cashed

11/01/2010 - Card Issue Date

11/01/2011 - Card Expires

02/12/2011 - Received card in mail

So, exactly 4 months from the date I mailed in my paperwork.

The time between your mailing and check clearing makes me feel a bit better. I won't come unglued till the end of next week then. :D

If its of any value, I received mine 163 days after applying. I spoke with Celeste at the MMMP and she simply told me "I forgot. With 20000 apps a month, it happens."

Celeste is very helpful, don't get me wrong. Glad to have it just days before the trial!

Bless you all and good luck!

Well knock me down with a feather! Our cards showed today less than ten days after I contacted MDCH/MMMP about the delay in cards being issued.

Now do I think they showed just because they were do? I don't think so. My neighbor sent hers in three weeks before me and still hasn't received her renewal cards. Cashed her check, no denial letter.

I honestly believe they don't think we are keeping track of the days, weeks, and months, its taking them to issue cards and when a QP or QCG does check them on it they dig out those cards and mail them.

The MDCH/MMMP is intentionally non-compliant with their own rules on the time frame for issuing cards and its not because they were so over whelmed as they try and claim.

mdch rec apps 10/29/10

mdch cashed check 10/30/2010

renewals showed 02/18/11

roughly 21/2 months

Sixty days longer than is in their rules is unexcuable unacceptable and will be fixed.

Peace

We are ALL in this together

I have been denied twice now. Going to submit a new app.

I am on a fixed income. i.e ss due to perm disability.

Any suggestions as to what paper work to include?

Everything that I have sent so far has been rejected for one reason or another.

Can you pm me with examples with personal info blacked out?

I am tired of the run around I am getting from the state, being almost 56 and suffering from chronic pain daily.

I am trying to move away from using hydro's due to their side effects.

Can someone lend some guidance please?

I have been denied twice now. Going to submit a new app.

I am on a fixed income. i.e ss due to perm disability.

Any suggestions as to what paper work to include?

Everything that I have sent so far has been rejected for one reason or another.

Can you pm me with examples with personal info blacked out?

I am tired of the run around I am getting from the state, being almost 56 and suffering from chronic pain daily.

I am trying to move away from using hydro's due to their side effects.

Can someone lend some guidance please?

Have you had a doctor sign your certification?

Ok.. this is really wierd.. My friend has breast cancer and was recomended on 1-22-11 she sent in her paperwork imediately and got a confimation of delivery on 1-25-11 We figure she was legal on 2-14-11..

She got her card in the mail today.. Less than a month after application recieved.. Has anyone else had this strange fast delivery? Is MDCH prioritizing? whats up anyone have an explanation for me..

Have you had a doctor sign your certification?

Yes I did, they shot it down because the date said oct 20

Not Oct 20,2010.... talk about read tape.

Now my the doctor's office is telling me I have to wait 3 weeks for a new recommendation to be filled out.

Omg, all I want is to be legal so I do not loose what little I have. Being on a fixed income sux.

This is so frustrating.

Update: 3/14/11

Went back to my doc and got my paper work updates bought my money order. Will assemble everything in a nice little package to send before Friday.

In the mean time I did a little digging, here is what I found.

MDCH Mission

MDCH will protect, preserve, and promote the health and safety of the people of Michigan with particular attention to providing for the needs of vulnerable and under-served populations.

MDCH Vision

Michigan will be a safe and healthy state where all people realize their fullest health potential and live enriched and productive lives.

The Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) is one of 18 departments of state government.

The department, one of the largest in state government, is responsible for health policy and management of the state's publicly-funded health service systems. About 2 million Michigan residents will receive services this year that are provided with total or partial support from MDCH.

The department was created in 1996 by consolidating the Department of Public Health, the Department of Mental Health and the Medical Services Administration, the state's Medicaid agency. The Office of Drug Control Policy and the Office of Services to the Aging were later consolidated with MDCH.

MDCH has a 2010 gross appropriation of $13.1 billion and more than 4,100 employees.

Services are planned and delivered through these integrated components:

Medicaid health care coverage for people with limited incomes

Mental health services for people who have a mental illness or a developmental disability, and services for people who need care for substance abuse

Health needs assessment, health promotion, disease prevention, and accessibility to appropriate health care for all citizens

Drug law enforcement, treatment, education and prevention programs

Promoting independence and enhancing the dignity of Michigan's older persons and their families

Administering the crime victims rights fund, investigating and processing crime victim compensation, and administering federal Victims of Crime Act grants

Medicaid provides healthcare coverage for more than 1.7 million Michigan residents who are eligible for Medicaid coverage under federal guidelines. Services covered include inpatient and outpatient hospital services, physician services, health screening for eligible children, maternity services, pharmacy, medical supplies and equipment, nursing, mental health care, community-based care, and other services.

Via the states web site.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132--6391--,00.html

Need I dig more to find where the dirty laundry is stashed?

Edited by Fat Freddy

edwardglen which number did you call or did you email? I have been calling for a week now and no answer

hummous

Please forgive me! I did not see this question or I surly would of responded earlier.

MDCH Contacts:

Celeste Clarkson, Compliance Section Manager

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

P.O Box 30083

Lansing, Michigan 48909

Telephone: 517.373.4992

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-241-4337

Peace

Ed