hummous

Please forgive me! I did not see this question or I surly would of responded earlier.

MDCH Contacts:

Celeste Clarkson, Compliance Section Manager

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

P.O Box 30083

Lansing, Michigan 48909

Telephone: 517.373.4992

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-241-4337

Peace

Ed

We ALL need a number here and there

Thanks for the info, Melissa's mail box is full.

Seems they are swamped with applications.... :blink:

Not sure what to do now. I guess I need to start over. would be nice if they would post on their site examples of

te paper work that is acceptable.

:DWell as some of you know I finally recieved my card about a month and a half ago, well the ol' lady put my work pants into the washer and guess what was in one of my pockets? you guessed it, my card! so by the time I realized my $100 piece of plastic was getting was it was a little to late! When I pulled it out it was cracked on the corners and kind of down the middle :thumbsd: ... but I went to a local shop and got it laminated so all is good now... :D

Talked with the nice lady in lansing and she said card was printed 2/22/11 and I should get it soon.

old card expires 11/1/10

sent in paper work 10/4/10

they received paper work 10/5/10

cashed check 10/7/11

card printed 2/22/11

recieved card not yet ??? soon I hope

I'm sending my next one in 6 months early

Dream

Edited by DreamWarrior67

I spoke with a very nice woman named Celeste. She and I actually talked for over 30 minutes one afternoon last week.

My wife and I sent in our paperwork on October 20, 2010.

They signed for it on October 21, 2010

They cashed our check October 22, 2010

Supposedly, our cards were printed on February 18, 2011.

Celeste told me last week that she would send copies of the Renewal Applications with the cards.

Well, guess what we got in the mail this past Saturday?

The Renewal Application and no cards.

So, I called and left a message for her yesterday. She did call me back at 9:09 a.m. this morning. I just returned her call and this was what she said THIS TIME.

She had to have our cards "re-printed" and she had both of them on her desk!??? WTF!

Then, she blamed her staff for the mix-up in sending the application and no cards...whatever.

I told her that she seemed like a very pleasant woman, but in light of what has been told to me by her should I have any reason to believe her? She said she understood. Some how...I just don't think that she does.

Supposedly, she is sending out my card and my wife's card "certified mail" this afternoon. I asked her if that meant the envelopes would have today's date on them and she said she did not know if they would! (I'm more baffled than the guy who played the role of Thomas in the movie "The Ringer")

Apparently, their mail room staff will come by and do a "pick-up" at 1:30 pm today and then they will take everything to the United States Post Office. So, I asked if I should expect to receive everything by Thursday - two days from now and she said she had no way of knowing how long it would take to get to me.

Does anyone know the PHYSICAL ADDRESS of their office?

I want to go to the office of my representatives in the state legislature and politely ask (and then demand) they - or a member of their staff - accompany my wife and I to the office of the MDCH and pick-up our cards.

This 'ol fart has had enough!

Celeste, if you are reading this. You need to either do a better job or keep the lies straight that you tell people on the phone.

She also told me that the reason why they haven't hired more staff is that she is afraid of budget cuts. She didn't want to have to hire people and then fire them.

Maybe this program will be outsourced or privatized in the not too distant future and Celeste's job will be one of the hundreds that our newly elected "Tricky Ricky Snyder" will eliminate!

I am just more than a little bit whizzed off and....naturally....this has all occurred this morning before I have had a cup of coffee or taken my medicine.

I asked Celeste that I would be willing to save the State of Michigan the money it will cost to send each card separate certified mail...and offered to come pick them up this afternoon and she said that was NOT possible.

Mizerman

p.s. Celeste did tell me that they are receiving over 450 applications per day and that roughly 2/3rds paid the $100 fee and the other 1/3rd paid the $25 fee. That comes to $33, 750 a day/$168,750 a week/$8,775,000 per year!

Edited by mizerman

I spoke with a very nice woman named Celeste. She and I actually talked for over 30 minutes one afternoon last week.

My wife and I sent in our paperwork on October 20, 2010.

They signed for it on October 21, 2010

They cashed our check October 22, 2010

Supposedly, our cards were printed on February 18, 2011.

Celeste told me last week that she would send copies of the Renewal Applications with the cards.

Well, guess what we got in the mail this past Saturday?

The Renewal Application and no cards.

So, I called and left a message for her yesterday. She did call me back at 9:09 a.m. this morning. I just returned her call and this was what she said THIS TIME.

She had to have our cards "re-printed" and she had both of them on her desk!??? WTF!

Then, she blamed her staff for the mix-up in sending the application and no cards...whatever.

I told her that she seemed like a very pleasant woman, but in light of what has been told to me by her should I have any reason to believe her? She said she understood. Some how...I just don't think that she does.

Supposedly, she is sending out my card and my wife's card "certified mail" this afternoon. I asked her if that meant the envelopes would have today's date on them and she said she did not know if they would! (I'm more baffled than the guy who played the role of Thomas in the movie "The Ringer")

Apparently, their mail room staff will come by and do a "pick-up" at 1:30 pm today and then they will take everything to the United States Post Office. So, I asked if I should expect to receive everything by Thursday - two days from now and she said she had no way of knowing how long it would take to get to me.

Does anyone know the PHYSICAL ADDRESS of their office?

I want to go to the office of my representatives in the state legislature and politely ask (and then demand) they - or a member of their staff - accompany my wife and I to the office of the MDCH and pick-up our cards.

This 'ol fart has had enough!

Celeste, if you are reading this. You need to either do a better job or keep the lies straight that you tell people on the phone.

She also told me that the reason why they haven't hired more staff is that she is afraid of budget cuts. She didn't want to have to hire people and then fire them.

Maybe this program will be outsourced or privatized in the not too distant future and Celeste's job will be one of the hundreds that our newly elected "Tricky Ricky Snyder" will eliminate!

I am just more than a little bit whizzed off and....naturally....this has all occurred this morning before I have had a cup of coffee or taken my medicine.

I asked Celeste that I would be willing to save the State of Michigan the money it will cost to send each card separate certified mail...and offered to come pick them up this afternoon and she said that was NOT possible.

Mizerman

p.s. Celeste did tell me that they are receiving over 450 applications per day and that roughly 2/3rds paid the $100 fee and the other 1/3rd paid the $25 fee. That comes to $33, 750 a day/$168,750 a week/$8,775,000 per year!

Sorry Skip and better half that you guys have to put up with all the BS from the MDCH are last renewal Torey got hers inn two weeks and it took me 3 months and now we up for are 3rd card we already got are Doc Rec: from the THC-F so we are good to go per the C.O.A LOL

i know it's not funny

i feel for Kingpinn right now he needs are support and he has ares i hope he does not go to the surprem court their it won't be good he needs a jury

sorry about your cards but this has always been like this and it is not going to change i have talked to Celeste also and ask her about wear to get Meds she said ask your kids to get them for you

Sorry Skip and better half that you guys have to put up with all the BS from the MDCH are last renewal Torey got hers inn two weeks and it took me 3 months and now we up for are 3rd card we already got are Doc Rec: from the THC-F so we are good to go per the C.O.A LOL

i know it's not funny

i feel for Kingpinn right now he needs are support and he has ares i hope he does not go to the surprem court their it won't be good he needs a jury

sorry about your cards but this has always been like this and it is not going to change i have talked to Celeste also and ask her about wear to get Meds she said ask your kids to get them for you

Celeste is always really pleasant to talk to on the phone. I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with her last week. She seemed friendly, truthful, and honest.

Now I get the impression she is simply "Lying her azz off"...as Eddie Murphy's character in Beverly Hills Cop used to say...lol

It simply blows me away to hear her describe the process in which it looks like they are overwhelmed and understaffed...when in reality I have to believe they are simply trying to "look busy".

I've never been in favor of "privatizing anything"...but, this program needs to be privatized.

Everyone in this office needs to lose their jobs!

Mizerman

well i realized a couple of things just by reading these last few posts. no wonder it takes so long, the staff is too busy talking on the darn phone. and no one here is special above another imo, so if everyone or anyone who has applied for a card would quit trying to call unless in 4 1/2 months time they didn't have it, well it would save a lot of what is painfully obvious WASTED TIME. Better yet, because I know people won't quit calling, they just need to quit ANSWERING the phones, period.

A nice, 30 MINUTE conversation, WOW. Again no wonder there r problems. At that rate, that means she can talk to 14 people a day (hour lunch) & process absolutely no cards, nor oversee the staff. bunny muffin I WISH I were well enough to still work, the backlog would be resolved within a few months, because I would institute a new, obviously rarely used policy in the "governmental workplace", called WORKING where people actually WORKED for their 7-8 hour shift.

Edited by thexception

well i realized a couple of things just by reading these last few posts. no wonder it takes to ong, the staff is too busy talking on the darn phone. and no one here is special above another imo, so if everyone or anyone who has applied for a card would quit trying to call unless in 4 1/2 months time they didn't have it, well it would save a lot of what is painfully obvious WASTED TIME. Better yet, because I know people won't quit calling, they just need to quit ANSWERING the phones, period.

A nice, 30 MINUTE conversation, WOW. Again no wonder there r problems. At that rate, that means she can talk to 14 people a day (hour lunch) & process absolutely no cards, nor oversee the staff. bunny muffin I WISH I were well enough to still work, the backlog would be resolved within a few months, because I would institute a new, obviously rarely used policy in the "governmental workplace", called WORKING where people actually WORKED for their 7-8 hour shift.

Nice to see "the exception" is taking the side of the people who "try and act busy" in the MDCH/MMP.

Funny stuff!

Now get back to work and process those cards!

LMAO!

Mizerman

Cards just arrived via certified mail. :thumbsu:

Sent in paperwork 10-20-2010

They signed for it 10-21-2010

They cashed check 10-22-2010

What really gets me is the cards have an Issue Date of 11/05/2010???!!! :growl:

So, they were "issued" over FOUR MONTHS AGO!???

Why is it that an attorney won't get a group of us to put our name's on a lawsuit against the State of Michigan/MDCH/MMP?

My better half and I would GLADLY do this......gladly!

If you have card waiting times, make sure and call Celeste Clarkson personally at her own private number.

(517) 373-4992

She's a very pleasant woman...just don't put a whole lot of faith into what she's telling you.

When it became apparent that she told me false information last week, I asked her this Tuesday morning if she could understand how people don't believe anything she - or anyone else in her department says or does - and she said she understood!

So, Celeste...if you are reading this. Thank you for following through on your word and sending them to us certified mail.

I'm still baffled as to why she would not let us drive to her office on Tuesday afternoon and pick-up the cards. Instead, the State of Michigan paid $5.54 each to send us our cards - 2 separate envelopes for a total of $11.08

Even though we are both disabled and live on a very fixed income we would have driven to pick up the cards and spent much more than $11.08 in gas to do so...in order to save the State of Michigan some money.

Mizerman

Edited by mizerman

LOL WTF!!! senrt paperwork in 11-1-10

arrived @ mdch 11-2-10

check cashed 11-3-10

got a letter today 3-4-11 saying i was approved and my card was enclosed but there isnt a card in the envelope WTF!!!!!! does it come in a seperate envelope or something??

Just wondering out loud...

Do you think you and I are on their CHIT LIST?

OR, is the program so flush with cash that they purposefully don't mail out cards so the state has to spend the extra money overnighting us our cards?

OR, sheer incompentence?

Are the temporary workers in Celeste's office "bused in" from Goodwill Industries??!!

Mizerman

Amazing, they can deliver a card, 4 months to the day, but can't process any earlier...the heck they can't.

I Mailed to them: Nov 6 which they probably got the 7th since

they mailed to me: March 7 of which I received today

issued: 11/23/10

expries: 12/01/11

and I came across a post somewhere, sometime recently which talked about....I guess as I recall, them deciding to have a photo id card in their rules of how the cards would be processed/distributed, but in over 2 years, for whatever reason, they haven't "figured out" how to put the photo on the card. Am I the ONLY person who thinks this is insane?

When I send my renewal I am sending along a passport photo, that can be gotten at any walgreens etc for like $7.99 for two. How hard is it to cut it out & laminate the darn thing with their current seal. MAYBE that might give them a clue.

For me, I would rather have my photo on the card, then a dumb space that says photo not available, & plus a photo never hurts when ur id is in question & if u have to show it, well, might as well have ur id on it as far as i am concerned. just m/o

My patient mailed out his app (including my cg form) and i just got my cg card for him in my mailbox. he lives 6 miles away but still hasnt received his patient card? is this normal for them to come a week apart? you would think they would arrive in the same time frame lol