Chicago Cops Unveil Biggest Marijuana Bust In 20 Years

trix

Chicago Cops Unveil Biggest Marijuana Bust In 20 Years

Chicago police unveiled the biggest marijuana bust in the city in 20 years the day after the City Council approved marijuana decriminalization for 15 grams or less.

Citing safety reasons for officers involved in the investigation, police say they had to wait to announce the bust until today.

“We’re talking about an ongoing investigation that it was not appropriate for us to do this two days ago,” [Police Supt. Garry] McCarthy said at a West Side press conference, surrounded by dozens of green plastic bales filled with dope.

“We had agents and police on the street and there’s no way Garry and I were going to put them at risk,” added Jack Riley, special agent in charge of the Chicago office of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.

420times_000011229377XSmall-150x1502.jpg

On Tuesday some eight tons of marijuana was found near a Chicago warehouse. Authorities say it was a shipment from Mexico via Texas.

McCarthy went on to describe illegal drug sales as the “the lifeblood of gangs that are involved in violence day in and day out.” Which is 100% true. But for every eight tons confiscated, an untold amount of tons hit the streets, filling the pockets of violent people with cash. Cops can smile next to bales of weed for the cameras, but they are not reducing drug use and are making criminals rich.

http://the420times.c...st-in-20-years/

Trix

:bong2:

When I see articles like in the link above about decriminalizing drug use in Columbia or elsewhere discussing reform my first thoughts are when will we revamp our treatment programs to be patient friendly , with protocals that acutually work for all ( several contingencies are always required ) are comfortable and safe ? Myself I will never believe drug use is preferable to non use but as patients we do what we can in injury or disease to stay alive as long as possible . I think a millinium from now people will look back in terror at how we promoted prescription drug use without proper safeguards and understanding of consequences for the comfort and saftey of patients They will find similar fault with how we treat those who fall into any drug addictions or dependency .

When we read of the change that is occuring around the globe regarding drug policy that has failed and hurt so many let's not forget how terrible dependency and addiction can be . I hope we don't forget how people are dieing when incarcerated nor after being approved to leave detoxification programs overdose trying to end the severe pain our failed treatment programs impose with overly painful detoxes on many . There is abolutely no reason it has to be like this we impose this treatment on individuals over costs and discrimination . Ironic when every patient was started on dependent medications to improve their comfort . We can change things for the better .

I hope the switch in drug war policies around the globe to will not distract from where patient care despertly needs improvement - dependency .

Edited by Croppled1