Leo Caught on Security Cams During Raid, Sued for Excessive Force

trix

Long Beach, CA Police Sued After Allegedly Using Excessive Force During MMJ Collective Crackdown

Jul 05, 2012

7.5-LongBeachRaid.jpg

In June, Long Beach, CA police raided THC Downtown Collective as a part of a city wide crackdown on medical marijuana dispensaries. A complaint has now been filed by the collective’s employees, which claims that over $10,000 in damage was committed, as well as destruction of evidence by police and police brutality toward employees.

Surveillance videos from the day of the raid show a police officer stepping on the back and neck of Dorian Brooks, a volunteer at the collective, as he was taken into custody after surrendering to police.

In addition, police are seen destroying surveillance cameras with a metal pole. According to NBC Los Angeles, however, the video was being recorded at an off-site location, so police only destroyed the camera, not the video footage that had been recorded up to that point.

A police spokesperson has announced that, “A thorough review into what occurred during that operation will be conducted once all of the facts have been collected.” The incident is being referred to as a “personnel matter.”

The collective was not considered to be one of the 18 exempt collectives in Long Beach which have permits from the city and are technically allowed to operate. However, the collective was operating in compliance with state law.

Below is footage of the raid and the aftermath left behind: LEO CAUGHT ON CAMERA DURING THC CLINC RAID!!

Trix

:bong2:

The LEO in the video were actually a lot nicer when they handcuffed that guy than they were to me in a similar circumstance. I had my face ground into the floor with a .45 stuck into the back of my head. The guy who's house I was at had bruises all over his face from them tackling him into the wall and he was just standing there. Didn't try to get away, run, or nothing.

Standard operating procedure. Nothing illegal here unfortunately.

It may or may not be illegal, if you asked me, the cop committed an act of torture. The guy was down and secured, didn't look to be resisting in any way either. If not torture then the cop took it upon his self to be the Judge, Jury and executioner of this man.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

I was jaw dropped when I saw it, thus I posted..

Thats my dude in Cali, not the guy on the floor but the shop where he works sent me this in a email. LEO are not just abrasive to us here in MI, it happens in Cali to alot more then we read about.. They are cracking skulls on the potshops there everyday.

I saw the guy lay down spread his arms out and the cop blatantly stepped on his neck, did you see that???

wtf not cool he is a PT to!!

Then you see the cops look up at the camera and point then take a pole and bust it off the wall WOW WOW WOW....

Trix

:bong2:

there's a reason why they've been called "pigs"for so many years,and that's because they are...how long are we going to have to put up with this type of abuse?at what point do we fight back?i gotta say i'd like to put my foot right up that pigs butt just as a starter,,bp

You would think after Rodney King and the fallout from that officers would just do their job without resorting to dirty shots like stepping on someones neck even in a criminal case that should never be warranted that ugly leo needs to lose his job and go to jail.

The LEO in the video were actually a lot nicer when they handcuffed that guy than they were to me in a similar circumstance.

That was my first thought. When I saw the footage after the raid I said, "Wow, they got off easy."

My place was a real mess when they left.

But, then again, they only found a gram and after sending in an eight man swat team I think they were a little anxious to justify the expense. :lol:

Edited by Wild Bill