Want To Get Directly Involved With Helping Patients?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all getting along. You're the one that seems to be starting trouble.

Honestly, it seems like you came in here just to tell people they shouldn't become involved in a CC because they will get recorded on video and arrested.

Where do you read that in any of my words ?

Right here.

I beg to differ with you but security cameras run at many libraries 24/7 in all parts not just the computer rooms . Cameras are a part of life and law enforcement everywhere in public even our County Recreation Building has them as well as some Parks .

Where is there any bad advice there ? People have been convicted of criminal acts based on library footage in this Country . If you weren't aware of it you are now .

Nobody that I know of has been arrested in Michigan for MMJ because of library footage. CC meetings do not have any medicine at them. Nothing illegal, according to the state and federal laws is done at these meetings.

You're creating a degree of paranoia about a scenario that hasn't, and doesn't exist, all the while disparaging people from attending a patient support group meeting.

Do you really not understand that?

BTW, if you read site policy, if you have a problem with a moderator, you're supposed to take it into PMs. It's the rules.

I have no problem with a moderator . But thank you for the assistance .

Edited by Croppled1

Right do a search I am sure you will find evidence your a grown man .

It is not our job to find evidence of your allegations. If you want to prove a point, it's up to you to provide the proof, not the person that you're trying to convince.

I see, so your object here is simply to scare patients and caregivers that might decide to attend a completely lawful event at their local public library, then send us all searching for some unknown information? I do not think that people will buy that. I think since you proclaim to have knowledge of this, you would want to for sure get it in front of the patients and caregivers that might be targeted by the DEA at their local library.

This is not even remotely believable. Why do you persist?

Because it is the truth put it to Mr Komorn or any attorney to publicly deny that the cameras there can be used to collect evidence for arrest . Why you would blow this up to this proportion is beyond my understanding ? Your going to create the fear you say you wish to prevent . You want to be a leader ask a authority . This all about patient saftey right ? I will differ to the authority You won't believe anything I say if it is outside your comfort zone .

Edited by Croppled1

This all sounds very J. Edgar Hoover-esque. Hoover used to keep 3x5 index cards with info on people. Laws have since been passed that prohibit collection of information for no real investigatory purpose. Given the fact that it isn't a crime to talk to one-another about marijuana, the videoing of such a meeting would not be allowed.

This is an honest question I have from info I got a ways back. Is it a crime to give growing information to another person. I mean outside the act. I ask this because at one time I was told that was a felony. Not a lawyer here so thought I would ask you.

This is a typical Library Camera Policy agreement :

Digital Video Surveillance Policy

Purpose

Selected areas of the library are equipped with video cameras for the protection and safety of customers, employees, assets, property, and to identify persons breaking the law or violating the library’s Code of Conduct. A sign is posted at the library entrance informing the public that security cameras are in use.

The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for the placement and use of digital video cameras and still photographs, as well as the access and retrieval of recorded digital video images and still photographs at the Shaker Heights Public Library. Video monitoring and recording will be conducted in a manner consistent with all existing local and applicable laws and ordinances.

Security Camera Locations

Reasonable efforts are made to safeguard the privacy of customers and employees. The video security cameras are positioned to record only those areas specified by the Director, and will complement other measures to maintain a safe and secure environment in compliance with library policies. Camera locations shall not be changed or added without permission of the Director.

Cameras may be installed in locations where staff and customers would not have an expectation of privacy. Examples include common areas of the Library such as entrances, near book and media collections, public seating, delivery areas and parking lots. Cameras will not be installed in areas where staff and public have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as restrooms; nor are they positioned to identify a person’s reading, viewing or listening activities in the library.

Access to Digital Images

The Security Supervisor and Security Guards, in the course of their normal duties, monitor and operate the live video security system.

Only the Director, Deputy Director, Security Supervisor, and designated Senior Persons are authorized to access the recorded archival data in pursuit of incidents of criminal activity, litigation, or violation of the Library Code of Conduct. Authorized individuals, with notice to the Director, may ask other staff to review recorded data to ascertain security concerns related to a specific incident.

Such persons shall not violate any laws relevant to this policy in performing their duties and functions related to the video security system.

Library employees are to review and comply with this policy.

Use/Disclosure of Video Records

Video records and still photographs may be used by authorized individuals to identify those responsible for library policy violations, criminal activity on library property, or actions considered disruptive to normal library operations.

Video records may be shared with authorized library employees when appropriate or, upon approval by the Director, other library staff to identify those suspended from library property and to maintain a safe, secure and policy-compliant environment.

Under certain circumstances, individuals authorized under this policy may use a still photograph or selected portions of recorded data to request law enforcement review for assessing the security risk of a specific individual or for investigating a crime on library property.

Video records shall not be used or disclosed other than as specifically authorized by this policy.

Video records may contain personally identifiable information about an individual who has used any library service or borrowed any library materials (“patron information”), and will be accorded the same level of confidentiality and protection provided to library users by Ohio state law (including, but not limited to ORC §149.432, “Releasing Library Record or Patron Information”), Shaker Heights Public Library policies, and the American Library Association policies on confidentiality and privacy. See Appendix A for a copy of ORC §149.432.

All requests for security camera footage or still photographs by law enforcement will be referred to the Library Director. In his or her absence, direct requests to the Senior Administrative Person.

In the event of a search warrant, which is executable immediately, library Administration will comply with the search warrant and consult with legal counsel. Upon receipt of a subpoena or other court order, library Administration shall consult with legal counsel to determine if the document is in proper form and that good cause for its issuance in a court of proper jurisdiction is demonstrated. If not, library Administration shall insist any defect be remedied before releasing records which contain patron information.

This is an honest question I have from info I got a ways back. Is it a crime to give growing information to another person. I mean outside the act. I ask this because at one time I was told that was a felony. Not a lawyer here so thought I would ask you.

I'm not going to dispense personal legal advice on a public forum because others may misconstrue.

However, here is a general rundown. There is no crime that specifically involves teaching how to grow in this state and I am unaware of any such federal crime. I think that such a law would be struck down on constitutional grounds of overbreadth. For teaching how to grow to be a criminal act it would have to involve a conspiracy to commit a crime, such as growing, possessing, etc.

There is a line you walk when teaching someone about illegal activities. There is free speech on the one side and conspiracy to commit an illegal act on the other. The answer as to the legality lies with the intent of the teacher as well as the legality of the growing. Is the teacher teaching with the intent to further a specific criminal act by the grower or is the teacher just teaching generic grow methods and giving general info? If the teacher specifically intended to further a criminal enterprise or act then you could be looking at conspiracy to commit that act.

If the grower is growing legally then no criminal conspiracy can be formed. The underlying act that is aimed to be achieved must be illegal in order for there to be a conspiracy to commit a crime. With that said, keep in mind it is still illegal federally to grow.

If you have a specific personal situation feel free to PM.

I'm not going to dispense personal legal advice on a public forum because others may misconstrue.

However, here is a general rundown. There is no crime that specifically involves teaching how to grow in this state and I am unaware of any such federal crime. I think that such a law would be struck down on constitutional grounds of overbreadth. For teaching how to grow to be a criminal act it would have to involve a conspiracy to commit a crime, such as growing, possessing, etc.

There is a line you walk when teaching someone about illegal activities. There is free speech on the one side and conspiracy to commit an illegal act on the other. The answer as to the legality lies with the intent of the teacher as well as the legality of the growing. Is the teacher teaching with the intent to further a specific criminal act by the grower or is the teacher just teaching generic grow methods and giving general info? If the teacher specifically intended to further a criminal enterprise or act then you could be looking at conspiracy to commit that act.

If the grower is growing legally then no criminal conspiracy can be formed. The underlying act that is aimed to be achieved must be illegal in order for there to be a conspiracy to commit a crime. With that said, keep in mind it is still illegal federally to grow.

If you have a specific personal situation feel free to PM.

Thanks, really was just curious. I did however think that a pm was better suited especially after I reread the thread title. Please dont bill me.

Nobody that I know of has been arrested in Michigan for MMJ because of library footage. CC meetings do not have any medicine at them. Nothing illegal, according to the state and federal laws is done at these meetings.

You're creating a degree of paranoia about a scenario that hasn't, and doesn't exist, all the while disparaging people from attending a patient support group meeting.

Do you really not understand that?

I absolutely do not understand it . Once sentance in one post that could of been replied too in very simple polite terms instead of a panic . One of the moderators posting today belonged to the BACC where this discussion went on several times as well as cameras had been used in Livingston County to effect a arrest but not inside the Library at a Downtown Park There was also a arrest via camera at a local gas station . This has been a very hard day for me and I really needed to relax I am so stressed myself I do wish you well but if were all supportive of eachother truly care I would think solutions would form instead of problems or fires to put out . I gave you compliments , I spoke honestly from my heart . I have nothing to gain . I am not a felon but am not able to be a caregiver or operate any sort of business or have any hope presently . My income is representative of many under 150% of poverty and falling . Like most on disabillity I fear the cut to occur at forced retirement from SSD to SSI . I can only see Doctors that take insurance and are medicare provider's .

Edited by Croppled1

I absolutely do not understand it . Once sentance in one post that could of been replied too in very simple polite terms instead of a panic . One of the moderators posting today belonged to the BACC where this discussion went on several times as well as cameras had been used in Livingston County to effect a arrest but not inside the Library at a Downtown Park . This has been a very hard day for me and I really needed to relax I am so stressed myself .

Croppled..Birmingham compassion has an upcoming meeting at the Baldwin Library June 24th..why don't you go. This is a wonderful CC..and I am sure it will put your mind at ease.

I absolutely do not understand it . Once sentance in one post that could of been replied too in very simple polite terms instead of a panic . One of the moderators posting today belonged to the BACC where this discussion went on several times as well as cameras had been used in Livingston County to effect a arrest but not inside the Library at a Downtown Park . This has been a very hard day for me and I really needed to relax I am so stressed myself .

So the cameras in a park picked up someone making an unauthorized transfer, and you're equating that with going to the library?

good to be aware of occasional patient's sensitivities to cameras. living in a world with constant over-stimation, it's rather easy to become desensitized to this eye-in-sky new era. treating near constant surveillance (or taping) as 'normal' seems strange to me.

the benefits of security are imperative, so cameras aren't ever leaving public spaces. cameras can be awkward for some and it doesn't mean they have something to hide, it can be personal preference item. not here to argue if the footage would ever be used in a legal situation endangering a patient but my guess is, it is extremely unlikely.

So the cameras in a park picked up someone making an unauthorized transfer, and you're equating that with going to the library?

I am pretty much equating it with my past treatment under law and discussions with others about conducting activity like teaching people to make medables in a public place with cameras where a municipality may have a Federal Law Compliance mandate Then that triggers the inert weight risk which would be what level 2 or 3 . Your all teaching me it was all new today and I am trying to understand who is going to rate activities and how risk is assigned . Then I am trying to understand how patient caregivers can travel there without being at risk for DUID . I missed the Koon's show . Can you help me out Isn't the whole point to keep everyone at level 1. Becuase if a level 1 commits a level 3 they might flip and turn in a few level 2's . Yes I agree this is pretty ridiculous that criminality is involved with patients suffering at all . I don't want anyone to see a cell or be forced into foster care believe that 100% .

I guess I finnly lost my patience too . I hope were laughing together because I know many of us are past hope . I do desire people help you form your clubs .

Edited by Croppled1

wow, common sense would say smile your on candid camera.

I dont like the idea of being filmed while talking about, suggesting, providing illegal advise or even how to use illegal substances.

because thats what it is federally illegal.

i think we should avoid federal propertys such as

parks

buildings

tribes

rec areas

federal forests

primarly because your section 8 defense may not be allowed if on fed property.

im not a lawyer but i wouldnt want to risk it expecially if any question about my denfense is at risk

the truth is we dont really know whos watching but be sure they are watching

dont tell on yourself

dont smoke in public

dont drive in possesion

dont be too casual

avoid transfers

dont carry on a school bus

dont smoke in a park

dont do anything that might keep you from having a sec. 8 defense.

im not paranoid but after spending time with my attorney im much more careful and now EVEN LOWER PROFILE.

than just 5-10 yrs ago