The U.n. Arms Trade Treaty: Are Our 2nd Amendment Rights Part Of The Deal?

One year ago I wrote an article titled “U.N Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms” which has recently gained a great deal of renewed public interest. This update reviews some more recent developments, offering additional perspective about an immediate matter which should be of great concern to all who value rights guaranteed by our Second Amendment.

The Obama administration is actively engaged in negotiations to finalize details for a new global agreement premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates”. As U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon describes its purpose, “Our goal is clear: a robust and legally binding Arms Trade Treaty that will have a real impact on the lives of those millions of people suffering from consequences of armed conflict, repression and armed violence…It is ambitious, but it is achievable.”

Full article here:

http://www.forbes.co...rt-of-the-deal/

On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

The ATT will set up a global body which will require all nations to regulate firearms so that they can prevent their exportation to other countries. Inevitably, this will require countries to inventory the guns in private hands and to register them. A gun ban is not far away.

The ATT, under the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, would have the power of a constitutional amendment and would, effectively, repeal the Second Amendment guaranteeing us the right to bear arms. We must fight to stop the US from signing the treaty and, if we fail, block Senate ratification.

Please sign the petition and include your name and address so we can send it to your Congressman and Senators.

Click Here to sign the petition to stop the US from signing the Arms Trade Treaty!

lolololol Wow! Paranoia must be hard to live with. I'm glad everyone doesn't think everyone else is out to get them and their rights. Nobody would ever get anything done.

I knew an old man that was totally paranoid of terrorists. While he was watching out for Arabs, his heart attacked him, and killed him.

Sounds like what i heard with the patroit act. You are making jokes right.

lolololol Wow! Paranoia must be hard to live with. I'm glad everyone doesn't think everyone else is out to get them and their rights. Nobody would ever get anything done.

I knew an old man that was totally paranoid of terrorists. While he was watching out for Arabs, his heart attacked him, and killed him.

They can't change the US constitution without 3/4s of the state's ratifying it.

Didn't you guys take any basic civics classes in high school?

Do I have to dispute this in this thread now too? Do you know how international law works where treaties are concerned?

I see you understand how it's supposed to work…. But It does not look like you are well informed on how it works..President signs, 2/3 majority of the Senate votes to ratify. This is the reason why the US has a terrible reputation when it comes to treaties… they have often been signed and not ratified… going all the way back in our history. But there's international law as well. And although we're not part of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, it does set international law… which we've never disputed. Article 18 of the Vienna Convention is what international lawyers and academics use as a basis for creating obligations.

http://www.harvardil...e_48-2_bradley/

The issue has come up a number of times. The paper above cites the Convention on the Rights of the Child as an example.

So, yes, unless the treaty is approved by the senate it's not ratified. But it does create obligations for us even if it's not ratified and it could be ratified years or decades later… whenever a friendly majority exists in the senate. As a former professor of constitutional law, Obama is well versed in these topics. And as he has stated in the past, the 2nd amendment does not preclude the government from regulating where/how/etc you may legally possess your firearms. Did you watch the 2008 presidential debate..where he explained that? I can put it up for you if you like. A signed treaty in the hands of a friendly administration is all the basis they need to implement regulatory changes.

And if the administration truly cared about gun exports to foreign countries, they wouldn't have let 2000 weapons walk across the Mexican border during Fast and Furious. Lies and propaganda? Are you guys paying attention? This can't simply be chalked up to lies.

Just to save some time…I'll paste this in...

Every time your in court your in international law look at the flag in the court room its a international maritime flag

The U.S. Corporation and the Maritime Flag | Before It's News

beforeitsnews.com/.../The_U.S._Corporation_and_the_Maritime_Fla...

Feb 8, 2011 – Under the International Law of the Flags, a gold fringe indicates the jurisdiction of commercial law, also known as British Maritime Law

Look at any court room in the USA you will see the gold fringe,,,

Patriot Act being used to counter the constitution would/could/should be challenged in court. Do you think SCOTUS will overturn 230+ years of precedent?

I'm not defending the patriot act. I think that one tramples on our liberties as well. You make my point exactly. And as the Supreme Court said in the Obamacare decision, 'you get the government you deserve.' It's not their job to protect us against them, without regard to the wisdom of our politicians.

Every time your in court your in international law look at the flag in the court room its a international maritime flag

The U.S. Corporation and the Maritime Flag | Before It's News

beforeitsnews.com/.../The_U.S._Corporation_and_the_Maritime_Fla...

Feb 8, 2011 – Under the International Law of the Flags, a gold fringe indicates the jurisdiction of commercial law, also known as British Maritime Law

Look at any court room in the USA you will see the gold fringe,,,

as a combat veteran.... i think i am kind of offended by knowing this... i mean to say....what is happening in our country seems to be becoming a pathetic joke on so many levels.

it's always been about money and power.... but now it seems like there is no limit to the pain and bloodshed we as a people will endure while our rights, the one's i helped defend..are eroded and we are further enslaved by those that have the money and power...

answer?

meteor impact...

yep..

clear the boards.... it's the only real way... back to survival mode then none of any of this will matter....

i for one appreciate a hot running shower every time i take one. i KNOW it will not always be so simple... and history of this planet says all powers that rise also crash and burn....

argue away about all the 2 party political rhetoric ya'll want.... none of it matters anyways in the end...the system is close to being willfully broken..if it isn't already...

besides....you are merely borrowing your molecules and the earth is gonna want them back.

hug your loved ones today if u can... seriously.. right now... get up and go do it.

smile at a stranger....

spread some love.. and for god's sake....

VOTE for someone.... (that way you will have a right to complain later)

:wub: PEACE :wub: