Patients And Demands

Kilo810

You never give up your grow rights you can grow any time you like. If you are a patient you can grow if you are a caregiver you can grow, and you can do both so you always have the right to grow it is just the ability or the want to grow your giving up. So how does this make it free? I am a patient and never expected free MM hell I was buying 25 dollar grams from the dispensary then I decided growing sounded fun so I spent a few hundred and just did it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you say price adjustment, and if you mess up it is still gonna cost you the same and you will pass it on to your pt? good luck, if you mess up it should be on you! when you sign a pt on, you should have your prices set! and no nobody has to give free mm, if your a good c.g and compassionate, you will have no prob keeping good pt's who have no prob donating! if your gonna bump your price everyother crop. maybe you should just grow for yourself!

Peace

Jim

You may not know my pricing structure. I know a few well known C.G's on here that do. I can tell you they are very compassionate. Quality of meds varies all through out the plant. You know that. I surely do not have a problem with donations.

I don't even think I have ever advertised for patients. Correct me if I'm wrong. Quality and Quantity mean everything in pricing. But this has nothing to do with price gouging which I think is what you are referring to.

The reason for my post was to give new C.G's an alternative Idea to pricing other than the same old "Give it free, I deserve it" statement. Should it be free? Sure. But with all the fee's involved I don't think many of us are in the position to give freebies.

I have followed you for years Jim. After all you have been through I'm glad you got a CG to get you through the hard times. There are many CG's that are looking out for patients best interests. But unfortunately it's not as many as there should be.

P.s Hope your family's doing well!

Edited by Dman

I was one of those trying to shine the light on the fallacy of free meds when the trend began. The bottom line is that we lost a whole bunch of people who would have become good growers if they were to grow their own....but CGs offering free meds and selling overages made plants worth something for awhile, and instead of concentrating on the patient-CG system and getting people to grow their own, the market shifted away from that model. We shifted awat from encouraging personal gardens for as many patients as possible, to concentrating growing to a smaller number of CGs, who then supplied "dispensaries" with the end cost to the patient much higher.

It really is a shame. Kinda the grasshopper and the ant story in a way.

There really needs to be a push for CGs to start signing 1-2 patients who keep their plants and get independent. Cost goes down, law enforcement's interest goes down.

Edited by Highlander

You know I was right there with you back then Highlander.I take pride in never having sold a molecule of my meds to a dispensary, or even having ever setting foot in one. I also take pride that I have never lost a patient, other than by death (sadly) .

I would just like to add that your paitents are not actually trying to get meds for free. They are giving up their right to grow plants in order to get meds. That is an exchange.

Why should I give up my ability to grow/experiment for nothing? I can go to a farmers market and get all the meds I need. Without giving up my ability to grow. I know only a few caregivers. They are all doing well.

Your grow rights are useless in this state by the way the law is written ive said it once earlier ill say it again caregivers do not gain anything when there is no legal venue to make up the difference in grow costs anymore .

So please explain to me how does one who follows the law to the letter recoup grow costs off ones plant counts ?

You may not know my pricing structure. I know a few well known C.G's on here that do. I can tell you they are very compassionate. Quality of meds varies all through out the plant. You know that. I surely do not have a problem with donations.

I don't even think I have ever advertised for patients. Correct me if I'm wrong. Quality and Quantity mean everything in pricing. But this has nothing to do with price gouging which I think is what you are referring to.

The reason for my post was to give new C.G's an alternative Idea to pricing other than the same old "Give it free, I deserve it" statement. Should it be free? Sure. But with all the fee's involved I don't think many of us are in the position to give freebies.

I have followed you for years Jim. After all you have been through I'm glad you got a CG to get you through the hard times. There are many CG's that are looking out for patients best interests. But unfortunately it's not as many as there should be.

P.s Hope your family's doing well!

Yes you are correct about me thinking price gouging, That is kinda how It read, all good, and yes I am one of the lucky ones, I didnt want to grow for many reasons! If you have followed me you most likely know why! a quick reminder, My ladys son is a lying thief! lol but he finaly got his mom good enough so he is gone, and now i can grow, as far as my c.g, yep I have a good one, I arranged a realy good deal for myself with him also, and he has me growing now too! he still has my grow rights! I am my lady's c.g it works out well we actualy help each other now!

Peace Dman

Jim

I was one of those trying to shine the light on the fallacy of free meds when the trend began. The bottom line is that we lost a whole bunch of people who would have become good growers if they were to grow their own....but CGs offering free meds and selling overages made plants worth something for awhile, and instead of concentrating on the patient-CG system and getting people to grow their own, the market shifted away from that model. We shifted awat from encouraging personal gardens for as many patients as possible, to concentrating growing to a smaller number of CGs, who then supplied "dispensaries" with the end cost to the patient much higher.

It really is a shame. Kinda the grasshopper and the ant story in a way.

There really needs to be a push for CGs to start signing 1-2 patients who keep their plants and get independent. Cost goes down, law enforcement's interest goes down.

In this day and time, I would have to agree with every thing you wrote!

Peace Highlander!

Your grow rights are useless in this state by the way the law is written ive said it once earlier ill say it again caregivers do not gain anything when there is no legal venue to make up the difference in grow costs anymore .

So please explain to me how does one who follows the law to the letter recoup grow costs off ones plant counts ?

If I tell you I would have to shoot ya! lmao JK

Your right there realy is no legal way to recoup, I had a lil extra cash, I bought me some equipment and now im growing, Im not trying to recoup anything but my indepedence from opoids!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

Yea, KD I understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with you but again I don't think this law was laid out originally the way you would like it to be. I do recoup my costs and even put a few dollars in my pockets but I still have to have my original career to make it. Now, if they do make it legal to help supply dispensaries will I expand? Maybe. But as far as I am concerned right now it hasn't been so I don't.

As a patient I can say on my part I don't demand but I've seen too many of these cg's act like drug dealers and not care givers. I fully understand it takes time, money and ect too grow for someone. Understood. But when some give you under state law legal authority too possess my twelve plants and you know I'm low income an don't have much then don't agree to be my care giver. We sit here an talk about the law, the law the law. Ok well no where in the law does it state prices per gram. It states donation. And unfortunately too many people are running it like the dope dealers do. If you can not afford to undertake a low income patient and provide them meds are the law states "compassionate" use then don't take them on period.

If we are gonna stand up to Washington and Lansing under the argument of compassion then our cg's need too as well. This wasn't intended too have loads of money made off it. Like I said I understand fully the costs too cg's, I know it's not easy. But if we are going under the guise of compassion stop blasting poor patients who can't afford to pay $200 an oz! When you have 4 others that can afford those donation requests there's no reason you can't give one patient a break or ya just darn greedy and in this for the wrong reason. IMO

And I have yet to meet a caregiver getting rich off of this law. Granted I have not met a huge amount but I bet I have met more than most. It is a supplemental income, nothing more. Jay I would never consider taking you on as a patient and with the words you are speaking I would discourage anyone else from doing so either.

And I have yet to meet a caregiver getting rich off of this law. Granted I have not met a huge amount but I bet I have met more than most. It is a supplemental income, nothing more. Jay I would never consider taking you on as a patient and with the words you are speaking I would discourage anyone else from doing so either.

Whys that? Because I gave my opinion on my experiences? I don't think that constitutes a wrong. Never said anyone was getting rich, but I've seen quite a few doing just fine for themselves but treat their patients like dope fiens on the block.

I don't think it says this. Where have you read the word "donation" anywhere in the Act?

It specifically calls it "compensation for costs." You may be reading more into 4(e) than is there.

That is correct, compensation for costs, not price per gram as that would constitute the sale of. Schedule 1 substance. I was a law student for awhile :-)

That is correct, compensation for costs, not price per gram as that would constitute the sale of. Schedule 1 substance. I was a law student for awhile :-)

This has been covered. A caregiver can figure what it cost them right down to the gram and charge that way. That is definitely not illegal. It's smart.

Sounds like you are choosing to associate with them people. I don't.

Sometimes people are not always as they appear nor as they say was my point. We sit here an hack about compassion yet I've seen cg's in the same household with 5 patients each for a total of 10, 9 paying what's requested and one can not but get treated like you aren't squat and I shouldn't request some "compassion" I believe in this program, I believe in cannabis abilities, what I don't believe in an got sick of seeing is patients being raked over the coals on pricing and ect. Now if you only have a couple patients understandable. But man I can go into a car lot all day long and get a good game talked too me and promised.... Then you leave the lot.

Sometimes people are not always as they appear nor as they say was my point. We sit here an hack about compassion yet I've seen cg's in the same household with 5 patients each for a total of 10, 9 paying what's requested and one can not but get treated like you aren't squat and I shouldn't request some "compassion" I believe in this program, I believe in cannabis abilities, what I don't believe in an got sick of seeing is patients being raked over the coals on pricing and ect. Now if you only have a couple patients understandable. But man I can go into a car lot all day long and get a good game talked too me and promised.... Then you leave the lot.

How would you even know they had 10 patients? You are dealing with some really stupid folks if they share all their business with you. Seems like you are making up hypothetical situations.

Edited by Restorium2

Nope, that was my first experience. How do I know? People talk too much and divuldge information they shouldn't. So when I get hit with that info dog gone skippy as a patient a low income patient at that I'm a be annoyed.

It sounds like we meet different kinds of people. If you answer an ad on CL with a CG offering free meds, that really narrows down the pool of the type of CG you might find.....and most of these people will be money motivated and not compassion motivated. I'm not saying you've done that, but anybody who has been on-line for even a short time generally learns to spot the traits of shady characters and steers away from them.

I would guess that you have a hard time with first impressions of people. Maybe the fault isn't in the system, as there are plenty of CGs out there offering compassionate services, but consider if you will that maybe you're not doing a very good job of trying to screen out bad CGs.

Have you tried a compassion club?

As a patient I can say on my part I don't demand but I've seen too many of these cg's act like drug dealers and not care givers. I fully understand it takes time, money and ect too grow for someone. Understood. But when some give you under state law legal authority too possess my twelve plants and you know I'm low income an don't have much then don't agree to be my care giver. We sit here an talk about the law, the law the law. Ok well no where in the law does it state prices per gram. It states donation. And unfortunately too many people are running it like the dope dealers do. If you can not afford to undertake a low income patient and provide them meds are the law states "compassionate" use then don't take them on period.

If we are gonna stand up to Washington and Lansing under the argument of compassion then our cg's need too as well. This wasn't intended too have loads of money made off it. Like I said I understand fully the costs too cg's, I know it's not easy. But if we are going under the guise of compassion stop blasting poor patients who can't afford to pay $200 an oz! When you have 4 others that can afford those donation requests there's no reason you can't give one patient a break or ya just darn greedy and in this for the wrong reason. IMO

200 is not alot for good mm, it is less than 10 a grm! I would pay 200 for good mm all day long! you wont get it for that at an f.m will ya?

It dont take rocket science to grow, but it does take time and cash! I have no probs being compassionate with people, I beleive you should treat people the way you want to be treated! Most I know are getting 10 a grm whether its a few grams or an oz its 10 a gram and people will line up for it if its good!

Peace

Jim

Yea, KD I understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with you but again I don't think this law was laid out originally the way you would like it to be. I do recoup my costs and even put a few dollars in my pockets but I still have to have my original career to make it. Now, if they do make it legal to help supply dispensaries will I expand? Maybe. But as far as I am concerned right now it hasn't been so I don't.

Well ive been out of work since 09 because of my nerve damage so outside my wifes income this is it.

When i first took on a patient she pretty much covered every bit of my costs with a $200 donation per zip weekly heck i had to upgrade my room at that time to keep her happy and since have taken on a couple other low income guys but since she and the others had to take a pay cut nobodys calling and its been piling up so to lighten the load all 3 have been getting freebies to keep me at or under my 10 ounce limit heck i gave away 5 zips in the last month when they were in need but thats ok as long as my bottom line costs are covered and i get my meds free im good.

Well ive been out of work since 09 because of my nerve damage so outside my wifes income this is it.

When i first took on a patient she pretty much covered every bit of my costs with a $200 donation per zip weekly heck i had to upgrade my room at that time to keep her happy and since have taken on a couple other low income guys but since she and the others had to take a pay cut nobodys calling and its been piling up so to lighten the load all 3 have been getting freebies to keep me at or under my 10 ounce limit heck i gave away 5 zips in the last month when they were in need but thats ok as long as my bottom line costs are covered and i get my meds free I'm good.

See, I agree with the whole unloading to keep number's where they should. It's the law. But between CG and patient it should always be at a reduced cost. $20-$30.. doesn't matter. Again, this is my point of view.

Any CG that is willing to make donations to a very worthy cause like the Cancer project, or anyone close that has a very serious ailment that could use the meds is a great "Personal Investment". But, once you open the Pandora's box of Freebies to patient's it's a hard recovery when there isn't any. I believe more CG's have been burned by this than CG's can say everything went back to normal.

I have always been pro Care Givers Guild / Association. Like any other organization there should be Checks and Balances to keep members out of potential damaging situations which could result in loss of a patient and/or there CG.

I am not looking to make tons of money not even make any because I love growing. I do wish someone would like to help with my 75 extra my electric has gone up LOL pretty said no one wants a great guy to grow med for them and in return help me with my 75 dollars LOL

Any CG that is willing to make donations to a very worthy cause like the Cancer project, or anyone close that has a very serious ailment that could use the meds is a great "Personal Investment".

Ever since they put restrictions on P2P transfers Ive been sitting on my hands and it destroys me emotionally not to be able to freely spread genetics to new people like one did for me in the beginning and i do want to start donating to the oil people to do what they can for those in need hopefully something comes out once the suits in Lansing finish their dissecting of the law that will allow us to be able to do more .

What I dont understand is why a caregiver complains so much about 1 free ounce a month. If a patient gives you the right to grow 12 plants on their behalf are they not entitled to something. 12 plants that yield 4 times a year at 4 ounces a plant is 192 ounces a year and lets just say you can only get half of that , it is more than enough to give every patient 12 ounces free a year. If I have something wrong let me know because I just dont get it