Patients And Demands

Kilo810

One of my patients takes most of my trim. She makes butter and medibles from it. Occasionally I keep some myself and make a few batches of butter. I do know of a few patients that actually like to mix the higher quality trim together and grind for smoking. I don't do that myself, but I have talked to a few that swear by it. I have never charged for the trim either, not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoo, I seperate mine when I put into jars.one jar for tops and dense buds, another jar for the ok buds but aren't quite what I would call top shelf.I give this stuff away or charge very little for it, then the airy fluff goes in with second trim that's pretty. Much just sugar Leaves.my patients love the way I do this because if they get stuck n a hard place that se one trim does almost as good of a job as buds and the butter they make tastes a hell of alot better than having all kinds of fan leaves and junk in it.

Still love the phrase "right to grow my plants." Hell, I'll give you the right to wash my effing car, the right to do my dishes, the right to mow my lawn if doing work is such a valuable right nowadays. Didn't know the economy was that bad that just free work is appreciated.. lol

I say hell, if you can give it away, do it, if you can't then don't. If you find a CG that will give it to you, then hell yeah, do it. If you get screwed well, we told ya so.. Can't believe another 5 pages of crap about "free vs compensated". Why the hell does everyone care so much about what everyone else charges??? Hmmmmmm.... It's a free market, it will work itself out.. Don't worry the raids are inevitable and the prices will go back up for the money grubbers. Mine will still be the same price, errr compensation, err donation.. errr amount of money that moves to my hand who cares what it's called...

200 is not alot for good mm, it is less than 10 a grm! I would pay 200 for good mm all day long! you wont get it for that at an f.m will ya?

It dont take rocket science to grow, but it does take time and cash! I have no probs being compassionate with people, I beleive you should treat people the way you want to be treated! Most I know are getting 10 a grm whether its a few grams or an oz its 10 a gram and people will line up for it if its good!

Peace I have seen it go for 150.00 at our farm markets..seen peopl give it away free at our markets to patients n need..There are some out there.Not alot but some..

Jim

I would just like to add that your paitents are not actually trying to get meds for free. They are giving up their right to grow plants in order to get meds. That is an exchange.

Why should I give up my ability to grow/experiment for nothing? I can go to a farmers market and get all the meds I need. Without giving up my ability to grow. I know only a few caregivers. They are all doing well.

Umm yes they are, especially when they say I wanty free Meds.

As a patient I can say on my part I don't demand but I've seen too many of these cg's act like drug dealers and not care givers. I fully understand it takes time, money and ect too grow for someone. Understood. But when some give you under state law legal authority too possess my twelve plants and you know I'm low income an don't have much then don't agree to be my care giver. We sit here an talk about the law, the law the law. Ok well no where in the law does it state prices per gram. It states donation. And unfortunately too many people are running it like the dope dealers do. If you can not afford to undertake a low income patient and provide them meds are the law states "compassionate" use then don't take them on period.

If we are gonna stand up to Washington and Lansing under the argument of compassion then our cg's need too as well. This wasn't intended too have loads of money made off it. Like I said I understand fully the costs too cg's, I know it's not easy. But if we are going under the guise of compassion stop blasting poor patients who can't afford to pay $200 an oz! When you have 4 others that can afford those donation requests there's no reason you can't give one patient a break or ya just darn greedy and in this for the wrong reason. IMO

I ahve to say this though. With all the time it takes, just time a CG spends with one plant, to grow one plant, the yeild will be worth less than minimum wage at 200 per oz, so how can you sit there and say that this is unreasonable? And wy do you assume that the other 4 patients ca afford it as well, and why should they pick up your slack? sounds like medicaid for marijuana to me. Another way to pass the buck to someone else. People that can't work get SSI disability, and all sorts of other benefits, including insurance here in MI. why do those of us that work have to pick up more slack than just providing the tax dollars for these people.

have never heard or seen anything listed on the actual cost of a cg to grow a $200 oz

Figure I spend 10 hours a week in my garden over a 3 month course to grow one plant, cleaning, mixing, trimming, feeding, ect. not including the overhead. it would take a plant to produce 1776$ worth of product to cover the cost of that one plant to make minimum wage. I spent an entire day figuring this stuff out. LOL and again thats not coving Electric, water, equipement cost. at 200 per oz and considering you have a decent strain that is dencent medical grade stuff which normally only prduce about 4-6 opz per plant, then at 200 per oz your only gonna come out with 1200 max. not even making minimum wage at 7.40 an hour and barely making anything after covering your overhead.

If you are spending 10 hours a week in your grow room man, I feel sorry for you. Now if you are using every available plant and running a full slate maybe, and that is a big maybe. I run 6, 6 and 6 with two 600's and a bank of t5's, for including me 4 patients. I would bet I spend less than 10 hours per month, it is probably closer to 5 hours per month. Now, obviously that is just time working on or with plants, not dealing with patients, procuring supplies or just thinking about it.

But, hey, some growers really do spend way more time with their plants, I am just pointing out that you really do not need to if everything is set up well.

Edited by SFC

I ahve to say this though. With all the time it takes, just time a CG spends with one plant, to grow one plant, the yeild will be worth less than minimum wage at 200 per oz, so how can you sit there and say that this is unreasonable? And wy do you assume that the other 4 patients ca afford it as well, and why should they pick up your slack? sounds like medicaid for marijuana to me. Another way to pass the buck to someone else. People that can't work get SSI disability, and all sorts of other benefits, including insurance here in MI. why do those of us that work have to pick up more slack than just providing the tax dollars for these people.

I can agree with you on the cg portion of all of that.

Now on the ssi disability portion of your post, You do realize that we only get ssi disability because we paid into it for many years and are merely getting our ss money back earlier than retirement age right? Because we are physically unable to work. If you did not pay enough into it you do not get it. You do realize the medicaid hospital portion is given because that person paid into that for many years right? You do realize that the medicaid insurance part is paid for by that person on disability right? Paid for out of their monthly disability I might add. I understand where you are coming from but just dont think you understand how disability works. Hopefully you have been enlightened on that part.

On the rest you are mostly correct except for what a plant produces. A plant for you may produce x amount of oz's but for the next pt/cg may produce far less. But yes it is not free.

Edited by ozzrokk

At harvest, and the begging of the cycles(cloning,transplantting, etc)I spend about 20 -25 hours total.Im in soilless mix.probably and odd five-8 hours a week in veg and flower, except for the days i need to stake and tie all the newly moved plants..that is a time consuming proccess for me and is where i spend the most hours in the garden.If I were hydro i could cut quite a few hours from that.just goes to show that everyone is different, just like everyones meds are dif.I have never seen,with the exception of this larry og, two growers grow the same strain and it come out exactly the same.

If you are spending 10 hours a week in your grow room man, I feel sorry for you. Now if you are using every available plant and running a full slate maybe, and that is a big maybe. I run 6, 6 and 6 with two 600's and a bank of t5's, for including me 4 patients. I would bet I spend less than 10 hours per month, it is probably closer to 5 hours per month. Now, obviously that is just time working on or with plants, not dealing with patients, procuring supplies or just thinking about it.

But, hey, some growers really do spend way more time with their plants, I am just pointing out that you really do not need to if everything is set up well.

:thumbsu:

Figure I spend 10 hours a week in my garden over a 3 month course to grow one plant, cleaning, mixing, trimming, feeding, ect. not including the overhead. it would take a plant to produce 1776$ worth of product to cover the cost of that one plant to make minimum wage. I spent an entire day figuring this stuff out. LOL and again thats not coving Electric, water, equipement cost. at 200 per oz and considering you have a decent strain that is dencent medical grade stuff which normally only prduce about 4-6 opz per plant, then at 200 per oz your only gonna come out with 1200 max. not even making minimum wage at 7.40 an hour and barely making anything after covering your overhead.

if your growing one plant

Wow! Do you really think that way about people on SSDI? You do realize that a lot of people in the program are on SSI or SSDI, right? You really don't have an understanding of how it works or why it works do you? I'm on SSDI, I still pay my monthly healthcare premium out of my disability money every month. Every month. I actually pay for my healthcare insurance that I get through Social Security, as does everyone else. Did you realize that? I still have to pay taxes too.