Caregiver Becomes Patien...can They Also Designate A Caregiver For Themselves?

A caregiver named "K" has two card holding patients. K gets a doctor rec and signs up to become a patient. Can K sign up their own caregiver to help out with meds until K's own personal plants will be coming in?

K wishes to keep her own plant rights, but to also have a caregiver. The receptionist at the doc office said that a caregiver who is a patient can not also have a caregiver. She said that a patient can not keep plant rights and also have a care giver w/o plant rights.

This did not seem right to me. I personally used to be Patient with plant rights who had a caregiver who was not allowed to grow. The state sent us both cards and the patient card said with plant rights and the cg without plant rights. This was a few years ago and I am not sure if the law has changed. Or did the state break protocol by sending those cards? Or is the receptionist totally wrong and spouting BS from a high horse?

Thank you for the help. Need to get these apps sent in right away.

Happy Growing

K wishes to keep her own plant rights, but to also have a caregiver - This is still happening. A patient can retiain the plant rights & have a CG.

I think it was worded this way so a CG could go somewhere to aquire meds for a homebound patient in the even that the patients grow didn't yield enough meds. It may also allow for a method to have an uninterruptable supply where patient has 2.5 & caregiver has 2.5 in reserve for patient.

Not sure if chaining a bunch of CG & PT's would be safe via RICO laws though.

Edited by Mememe

A patient can also have a caregiver while serving as a caregiver for someone else. Nothing in the law prohibits it. This has been happening since the law took effect.

I asked the same question 2 years ago. Has this been tested in court? I can see that nothing in the law prevents this but what would LEO think? I do not think you could explain it fast enough before he puts you in the back of his a car. I guess the "Arrest first ask questions later" works for just about everything we talk about.

A caregiver named "K" has two card holding patients. K gets a doctor rec and signs up to become a patient. Can K sign up their own caregiver to help out with meds until K's own personal plants will be coming in?

K wishes to keep her own plant rights, but to also have a caregiver. The receptionist at the doc office said that a caregiver who is a patient can not also have a caregiver. She said that a patient can not keep plant rights and also have a care giver w/o plant rights.

This did not seem right to me. I personally used to be Patient with plant rights who had a caregiver who was not allowed to grow. The state sent us both cards and the patient card said with plant rights and the cg without plant rights. This was a few years ago and I am not sure if the law has changed. Or did the state break protocol by sending those cards? Or is the receptionist totally wrong and spouting BS from a high horse?

Thank you for the help. Need to get these apps sent in right away.

Happy Growing

I am a patient and a CG. I have a patient who is also my CG; I possess his 12 plants and my 12.

Why, you might ask?

It is simple.

My CG can possess 2.5 oz of meds on my behalf.

If all H-E-double-hockeysticks breaks loose in my grow, I know that, off-site, there is 2.5 oz. of MMJ stored for me. If this little bit of backup is the only reason for a CG to have a CG, it is good enough.

I, too, had a cert clinic “girl” debate this matter. I pulled out my pt card, which shows my CG, and my CG card that shows this same individual is my patient as well my CG…..and I said “ I have three more years of these same card if you’re not convinced.”

Of course this same “girl” went on to explain to another patient that the reason why a CG can’t have a gun is because the ‘law’ fears that CGs will go off shooting people…but it’s still OK for a patient to have a gun……..with no distinction made between handguns, CCW permits, rifles, or shotguns. And then she proceeded to giggle with the girl next to her as they looked at wedding crap on the web….clearly she/they knew shyt about the law.

Be really careful what advice you take.

Edited by Highlander