R N C Confirms Ron Paul Will Be Up For Nomination

MightyMightyMezz

Very cool

http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination?cid=db_articles

by Mason Buran

The Republican National Convention is quickly approaching (August 26th). For over the past year, avid Ron Paul supporters have won delegate spots in various state conventions across the country. Through this hard-work, Ron Paul will officially be allowed to be nominated for the nominee of the Republican Party.

For the past three days, Ben Swann (Fox19 Cincinnati) has been in contact with a Republican Rules Committee member. In order for a candidate to be elected for the Republican Party nomination, the candidate must have a plurality in five or more states. If by rule, binding and non-binding policies are applied to delegates, it would still not affect the process of voting for placement of a candidate's name into the potential nominee ballot. Presidential hopeful Ron Paul does have a plurality in five or more states (Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, Louisiana, and Iowa). This means that Ron Paul will be eligible for nomination on August 26th in Tampa Bay.

The Ron Paul Revolution is planning on amassing 100,000+ supporters to Tampa in order to celebrate Paul's 30+ year career in American politics. However, the Republican National Committee senses pressure from the Paul supporters. The RNC has attempted to block access in order to make the convention as exclusive as possible.

Ben Swann conducted an interview with members of the RNC Rules Committee and they did answer the questions with the previous information. However, due to the RNC being a private organization they are not subject to following by their "rules" or "statements." Whether the RNC abides by their statements, we will find out this August.

The Ron Paul Revolution carries on to Tampa Bay with assurance that Ron Paul has the potential to be nominated. Whether or not Paul does win the nomination, we are all in for something special this August.

Rand Paul does not have the delegate count to be nominated. So is this a gesture, a tip of the hat? I am not a fan of him or Mitt R I, but i am not irrational about the situation. I am just referring to the Repub rules (which as stated they do not have to follow.) . I certainly have no objection if the process allows R Paul to be nominated i am referring to procedure. So cue me in to how you think this works.

Well I guess my primary vote was more than just a morals vote.

Hopefully Ron can force some discussions at the Republican National Convention.

Too bad more people didn't vote for a smaller, less intrusive federal government.

I guess I will have to write a name down (Gary Johnson? ) because I refuse to vote for Bo or Williard.

Two birds of a feather there.

Bad and Worse...

Rand Paul does not have the delegate count to be nominated. So is this a gesture, a tip of the hat? I am not a fan of him or Mitt R I, but i am not irrational about the situation. I am just referring to the Repub rules (which as stated they do not have to follow.) . I certainly have no objection if the process allows R Paul to be nominated i am referring to procedure. So cue me in to how you think this works.

You're saying Ron Paul (not his son Rand) does not have a plurality of delegates in five states?

Federal Law: All delegates are unbound

ELECTION 2012JUNE 4, 2012BY: MASON BURAN

The Ron Paul Revolution is determined to find every federal source that states that all delegates will be unbound. Up to this point, they have managed to find a Republican Party rule that supports free agents, Rule 38. However, that was not enough to satisfy themselves.

In more recent discoveries, they have found that 42 USC § 1971 - Voting Rights supports the claim that voters cannot be forced by anyone to vote for any candidate he or she does not favor.

“No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate." - 42 USC § 1971 - Voting Rights.

The response from the rest of the Republican Party was that this does not account for conventions or nominations. However, this latest finding will trump that claim. 11 CFR 100.2 - Election (2 U.S.C. 431(1)) clearly states that:

“Caucus or Convention. A caucus or convention of a political party is an election if the caucus or convention has the authority to select a nominee for federal office on behalf of that party.” - 11 CFR 100.2 - Election (2 U.S.C. 431(1)).

Federal law has the ability to trump all state laws as well as party rules. The Paul supporters now have two federal sources that support their claim that all delegates at the Republican National Convention are free agents. The challenge to the Paul supporters now is, can they alert all of the “bound” Paul supporting delegates?

http://www.examiner....tes-are-unbound