Does Cannabis Help Treat Gastritis?

What is Gastritis?

It’s an inflammatory condition that can’t really be narrowed down to one single disease. When your stomach lining reaches the stage of inflammation, that’s a pretty good sign you have gastritis. This condition is usually motivated by too much of everything, whether its alcohol, cigarettes, stress, prolonged usage of anti-inflammatory drugs or a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. Sure, Gastritis may arrive according to plan, after an operation, infection, burns or injuries – in fact, it would be uncommon not to get it after such stressful events. Most people find out about it via cases of stomach pain or severe heartburns. More intense symptoms include nausea, bloating or in severe cases – vomiting. For instance, if you notice your stool is unusually black, then that might be a sign of bleeding in the stomach, which is basically, gastritis in its last stages – a burst ulcer, so step on it and get yourself to a doctor as soon as possible.

Cannabis and Gastritis: The Research

2005 was a big year for cannabis research. In this case, a study was conducted by both the Bath and Bristol University, claiming that cannabis had a healing effect in cases of inflammatory bowel disease, or in our case – gastritis. The study claimed that by influencing the cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and gut with cannabis, the treatment proves effective.

How Does Cannabis Help Gastritis?

The thing is, we have cannabinoid receptors in our brain – specifically called CB1 and we also have these receptors present in our gut. It is believed that they are an important part of the gut healing process when it gets damaged. For the purpose of this study, the team of researches intentionally induced the inflammation of the gut and then added cannabinoids into the mix. The results were magical, the stomach started to heal and they came to another conclusion – cannabis slowed down gut motility, automatically reducing the pain from muscle cramps that inevitably cause diarrhea. And, if that wasn’t enough – they also discovered that, in people with gastritis, there are CB2 receptors present in the gut as well which respond to cannabis quite well, increasing the healing chances by 50%.

Therapeutic Cannabis Dosage for Gastritis

It really depends on how much you want to smoke and how much you should smoke. If you’re an everyday toker then the whole joint could be enough to ease the pain, while a rookie may be satisfied with a bong hit or just a couple of puffs. Sativa’s are generally thought to increase immunity, provide you with more energy and not give you the urge to eat an entire fridge. Indica’s on the other hand are considered to be more medicinal because of their painkilling abilities. But indica’s are an incredible appetite booster and even though you may not feel any pain while indulging in your munchies-craze, you will definitely feel the pain after the weed stops working. So, combine the best of both worlds. We would suggest you use a hybrid with a high amount of CBD. Strains such as Super Lemon Haze, Trainwreck and Strawberry Haze should do the trick in cases of gastritis.

Courtesy of the fine folks at the Medical Marijuana Blog

http://www.theweedbl...reat-gastritis/

Directly connected to diet, rather lack of diet. So many walking potatoes these days, eating themselves into obesity and disease. Without their changing to a healthy diet, cannabis most likely will not cure their ills.

Makes me so sad when I go to the grocery store. Big fat mama, big fat dad and 3 porked out little kids pushing a cart with filled with garbage. I feel bad for them but they really have no one to blame except the person in the mirror.

Directly connected to diet, rather lack of diet. So many walking potatoes these days, eating themselves into obesity and disease. Without their changing to a healthy diet, cannabis most likely will not cure their ills.

Makes me so sad when I go to the grocery store. Big fat mama, big fat dad and 3 porked out little kids pushing a cart with filled with garbage. I feel bad for them but they really have no one to blame except the person in the mirror.

Kevin,

Be careful what you see isn't always what you think it is! I have had at least two instant's where a Professional Medical Personel treated me like they thought I was an indigent bum. One Nurse told me It was my own fault when I was sick at the Hospital for a Bout with the Illness. She told me I should not have drank so much alcohol thru out My life! I am pretty much alcohol free and have been for most of My Life with the exception My early twenties when I was still sowing some oats In another instant's at a GR Hospital last Xmas eve I had another Bout while at relatives house and did not have any transportation as the rest of my family was still celebrating at another rels house. The relative I was with with was celebrating xmas eve and started drinking some Alcohol and once My condition got to the point that I needed to go to the Hospital He had already had too much to safely drive me so he called an ambulance to take me. Once we got to the Hospital I jumped out and ran into the ER looking to get some relief from the excruciating Pain. I was wearing an old flannel shirt with an old pair of carpenter jeans and I guess to some Hospital Staff looked like a bum. When I explained what was the matter and asked for some Pain Medication a Nurse replied You can get Your Drugs somewhere else. Finally after another two hours of Pain the Test they took came back and proved what I had already told them. At that time My wife and sister got there from where the rest of My family was and as they walked in they said oh somone knows him, does he have insurance? They then came in and asked me after all that time if I had Insurance to which I replied Yes I do.They then started to treat me instead of just let me sit in the ER!

Gastritis, They thought mine was originally Cancer until after the surgery the biopsy came back not Cancer they then traced it down to an Autoimmune Difficiency. They have no idea what brought it on at this time in my life. Whenever I eat or feel stress my stomach area releases some acid's that will eat thru most anything in it's way. It get's to places it shouldn't because of a valve problem that allows it to leak into area's not strong enough to with stand it's corrosive powers. There are many causes for the stomach to get in the shape that brings on bouts of Gastritis. I say stomach area as I have no stomach except for what little was left after surgery. One thing I learned from My Illness and Permanent Disability is that things are not always what You think You see and to be a lot more open minded to what You see. An awful lot of us look a heck of a lot better than we really are.

Go to webmd and look up your condition. The nurse was a wanker who is she to say? Was she your Dr? She seemed to be equating your past with someone else's past.

Yes alcohol is an irritant. I suspect any acidic food and drink such as coffee might play their parts too. You might want to try several different varieties of med mj to see if their is something good for you. Unfortunately genuine high CBD med mj is currently difficult to obtain. That would be of interest to have in your comparison.

Go to webmd and look up your condition. The nurse was a wanker who is she to say? Was she your Dr? She seemed to be equating your past with someone else's past.

Yes alcohol is an irritant. I suspect any acidic food and drink such as coffee might play their parts too. You might want to try several different varieties of med mj to see if their is something good for you. Unfortunately genuine high CBD med mj is currently difficult to obtain. That would be of interest to have in your comparison.

I never drank coffee so I can't speak for that, but Yes acidic foods do bother me. I can't eat tomato sauces very often. I have used a small amount of PB's oil and it helped with the discomfort from the irritation, but nothing except very strong opiates has worked while in a fulblown bout. The Dr.s do not seem to know what brings it on, but only what makes it worse. I also have Colitis which brings it's own problems.I have looked on WEBMD many times for my various ailments. My Dr.s have told me that I probably know as much about my illness as they do because of the Colitis and the fact that I have so many complications from the Surgery. They took out My Pancreas, My Gall Bladder, and most of My stomach. Without a Pancreas I am now a Diabetic and have to take enzymes to digest My food. Put it all together and they never know which part is causing problems. I can tell you from my experience that when I am feeling serious irritation some of the Sativa dominant strains don't help as well as an Indica dominate strain. When I am just feeling some of the nausea that I get at times after awaking in the morning the Sativa's dominate work great so I guess it's just listen to my body.

Yeah, the Nurse she was something that is for sure. Boy did I want to see her after my test results came back validating what I had told them and they found out I wasn't homeless. I let them know I wasn't happy with their treatment, but she never came back to my cubicle. The Dr. came in and asked all kinds of questions. It was like a class he was trying to learn more once he knew of my different complications. He was like how do you know whats causing what.

I have been working on a real estate transaction since last August in Barry County. Failed septic system is dragging on forever. I presently am not living in Mi so I can't legally use MMJ at this time. I will not put anyone at risk. I have told My realator that if we can't at least have something worked out where we know what we can do about the septic by 7-25-12, we will no longer pursue this home and will move on as we already borrowed the money last year and have been sitting on it waiting to close. We thought we would already be there by now. If it wasn't a Lake house for a good deal we would not have waited so long. Anyway I would definitely do something like that once I am in my house and have my paperwork.

P.S. Born and Raised In Michigan left for work and now on Disability it is time to come Home. We have an agreement for a home in Barry County and if it dos not go thru we will look elsewher near that area.

I've had issues with my stomach starting with nervous ulcers at 9, I'm also an alcoholic though I haven't touched any for over 20 years. But the real damage came from the opiates, by the time I got off those I was down to 130 pounds from 180. It took me a year to get my card and another 5 for my first batch of canna-muffins. I smoked cannabis since I was 14, it never helped with my stomach other than to help be more relaxed in general. Now most of what we produce goes to making cannabutter.

I'm up to 145 lbs, This may sound stupid to anyone who isn't dealing with it but I only use the toilet twice a day. there has been up to 2 days in a row I could not be more than a couple minutes at the most from a toilet. When I get pain and cramps they are so much less they are easier to ignore. Unfortunately all symptoms come back after a week or so of being without. I also have a second condition that I could fill a couple pages about how much it help, but that is a pinched nerve not stomach.

311481_10150264595366476_4533689_n.jpg

53 patients

Answer five 0-10 questions about symptoms.

Then they place three drops of my topical oil on their tongues.

They wait thirty minuets

Then answer the same five questions.

What you see is the averaging.

one patient reported bloating. I averaged that in under diarrhea.

Many times people reported a 0 after the 30 min time. All categories had several such cases. Including shifts from 8 to 0 in overall pain.

Edited by peanutbutter