If You've Been Thru Treatment For Hep C

In 05 I went through the program.

I had every side effect except the one about sudden death.

Near the end I was hitting the oxy tank from my torch. I found out later needing oxygen is criteria for discontinuing the program.

The ONLY way I made it was hitting a joint, to counter SOME of the side effects. I understand it has gotten better.

After I was done I found a study that said marijuana consumers were three times more likely to be cured than non consumers.

I asked the doctor why he had never mentioned marijuana. He said I didn't ask.

Very doubtfull KD. I have type 2, they told me they could cure type #2 easily, coulda, shoulda, would of got it in writing as they say. I did 36 weeks, back in 2006.

Interferon shot self administered once a week. Very tiny needles, dont even hardly feel them, but the stupid syringes or me in my anxiety trying to follow the instructions had two of them malfunction. Maybe if I would of did the full 48 weeks or maybe if those two didn't break. I was cured initially, most people are, however its the six month checkup that tells the tale.

I might try it again next year. Best of luck to ya Rockin LP.

I appreciate all the info folks and thank you for sharing your stories.

I wouldn't do it if my doctor hadn't told me that it's given me wasting syndrome. I have genotype 3 which is the second easiest to cure but I honestly don't think me or my body is ready for it. I've been losing weight for years and after my last stay in the hospital have lost a lot of muscle as well. I'm half the man I use to be to put it bluntly, lol.

U of M has been wanting me to do the treatment for over a decade. The pain, fatigue, night sweats, nausea, vertigo, etc., etc., etc. need to go so I have to at least try it. It will not be thru U of M however.

I see only 25% make it all the way thru the treatment. One shot a week and two pills daily. The poison makes you sick, weak, basically like having a bad case of the flu for a year. Oh and weight loss which I cannot afford to have, lol.

Edited by rockinlespaul

Swampy has hep C. By the time they told him his liver was so far gone they couldn't do the treatment.

In fact they told him he had only about ninety days left to live.

He lived the next thirteen years. Told the doctors to go screw themselves and began consuming marijuana in any way that he could. Smoking, eating whatever.

Smoky, during the last year, SMOKED nearly an ounce per day of Free Lenard, his strain.

One thing that is very important is to make sure that the starting matieral has ZERO toxins and there is ZERO traces of solvent left.

leave the RSO on heat overnight. About 250f.

DO USE the drops of water at the end. That may aid in the removal of any trace of toxins.They stick to the pan.

Consider using charcoal to clarify the solution before cooking it down. ONe teaspoon per gallon. Then filter it out.

Edited by peanutbutter

Went through a year of the treatment. Had type 2. Still have type 2. The side effects are brutal. The docs NEVER give you the extent of the misery. Also will change personality. I became very aggressive and somewhat nuts.

I highly suggest you medicate for the increase in appetite and mellowing of temper. The treatment did not work for me but I think you should try. It can save your life.

In 05 I went through the program.

I had every side effect except the one about sudden death.

Near the end I was hitting the oxy tank from my torch. I found out later needing oxygen is criteria for discontinuing the program.

The ONLY way I made it was hitting a joint, to counter SOME of the side effects. I understand it has gotten better.

After I was done I found a study that said marijuana consumers were three times more likely to be cured than non consumers.

I asked the doctor why he had never mentioned marijuana. He said I didn't ask.

I'm not mentioning mmj to any doctors, etc...

I will just do it.

Woodland is somewhat pro medical marijuana though, I do know that. How do I know this?

They sent me my first patient a few years ago....

Edited by rockinlespaul

I went through the treatment sometime around '03 - Interferon shots + ribavarin pills. The side effects were devastating but I determined that the cure was worth it. My viral count went down drastically but never zeroed out. It stopped the damage being done to my liver and my blood tests since the treatment all show liver functions within normal range. It took me 5 years to fully recover from the treatment. I fell into a severe depression (one of the side effects) and don't know if I have recovered from that. "Been down so long it looks like up to me" kind of situation. Medical marijuana was not an option at the time I took the treatment so I didn't use it. I wish it had been available. My doctor asks me at every appointment whether or not I am ready to try another round of treatment. I have refused. I would rather live 5 years with out sickness than try to extend my life 10 years and go through that again.

There is hope for a new treatment though. The new treatment has a higher success rate. If I could be guaranteed that the new treatment would cure me and extend my life for another 10 - 15 years I might consider it. I would have to think long and hard about it though. The availability of marijuana would probably make me decide to go through with it.

I certainly hope I'm able to take care of my dog and my garden. That is a must.

You will. I kept working through my treatment. I had a desk job and my boss was incredibly understanding. The side effects I experienced were flu like symptoms, but I never felt like puking or anything. Just uncomfortable body aches and pains. After I got use to them I could sort of ignore them. I think medical marijuana would have really made a difference. I know it does now.

One major incident I remember is when I first started treatments. After injecting the interferon I ended up in bed a short time later with chills so bad that I was shaking and my muscles were cramping. The side effects seem to diminish over time or you become use to them. I don't know. But anyway, you should be able to continue your daily routine. Marijuana will make it much more bearable though.

I keep remembering more about treatment as I "reminisce" here. Another heavy side effect is a loss of strength and stamina. Towards the end of treatment I had a hard time going up and down my basement stairs. It took me a long time to regain my strength and stamina - about 5 years it seemed like.

Edited by amish4ganja

5 years? Holy crap....

Yeah. You actually feel better shortly after ending the treatment, but I had felt so bad for so long that it seemed normal for me to feel that way. I got use to it. It wasn't until a few years after treatment that I realized how bad it had been and I kept feeling better for about 5 years until it leveled off and I realized that this is as good as it is going to get. I felt a WHOLE lot better after 5 years than I did after the first year. And I must say that I felt pretty good up until about a year ago. I don't know if it is old age or the effects of hep C coming back to haunt me, but I have aches and pains now that do not go away.