Visiting Patient In The Up

Just arrived in Marquette from the western slope of Colorado and will be here until the third week of October, roughly a three month period. I have my red card from Colorado, but what would be the best way to go about acquiring meds? I checked with Mary Jane's Apothecary here in Marquette but they only accept state-issued cards. I have dealt with Crohn's disease for the past four years and MMJ is literally the only way I can eat. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If the visiting patient provision allows me to acquire and possess just like a Michigan card-holder, am I allowed to have a caregiver?

Under the law, you are a "visiting qualifying patient" until you've lived here for 30 days.

That said there is nothing in this act that says a VQP can't sign up a MI CG, but then there is nothing that says you can. The administrative rules do say that the patient must provide a physical address located in the state.