Advice Request: Am I A Bad Fit For Patient/cg Model?

disinmtl

Hi,

First post, I know. Let me preface my request for advice by saying I appreciate all the helpful people on this site - thank you. I am about to send my papers in for the third time and would like to consider a caregiver, but I believe I am not a good candidate for the following reasons:

- my use is sporadic and limited (I do not like the side effects, and therefore, I take breaks if possible and try to stay around 1 ounce per month, but when my condition flares up, my use doubles without warning).

I currently go to the street for my needs. I gave up growing (it makes me very paranoid and is more work than I can manage with my employment responsibilities).

So, I think I am a terrible candidate for the patient/caregiver model in the sense that predictability and consistency seem to define an ideal patient. Some months I would want two ounces and then maybe go two months with no needs. That would seem to me to put a CG in a tough spot for obvious reasons.

Am I off base and/or any thoughts? Thanks again.

that works for me.. however were are you that would help if your seriously looking,, im sure there are more than me that would be more than willing to help you out.. if you need more info pm me.\I would say that your an ideal candidate, as an example I almost always have meds that are not being utilized,, and I find that my grow also has enough to help an occasional patients needs. I wouldn't for a min turn you away due to your needs being lower than what you might feel is normal.. as a cg I feel help everyone I can legally help. The only concern I have is if there is a month between contact I would worry. as long as you keep in touch and let me know whats going on, is more than enough for me.. no requirements for usage necessary..

Edited by Willy

There are a lot of patients probably more then people realize who use in the same fashion. I have two patients who for varying reasons do not use a certain amount on a consistent basis. Since I am able to keep some on hand and stay within the limits I am able to have more for them when they need it. Caregiving isn't just about having a patient who always uses the same amount. Our pain issues, including my own, don't always "behave" in expected ways. I might use a lot for a month or even a week then not much on a daily basis depending on many factors. Sometimes it is unpredictable. As Willy says as long as contact is kept up and the caregiver knows what your going through I would think there would be no issues. Just be up front, just like you have been here, and you will surely find a good caregiver.

i dont want to make judgements against people, but i hope that you buy local...

or at least know that your street medicine wasnt grown for, nor supports a mexican cartel.

some caregivers would be happy to have you as a patient.

some patients require very little medicine, while others can require simpson oil which can use 1lbs+ just to make a few oz of oil. in that case, the 'overages' from your plants may go to another patient. thus allowing the caregiver to stay within his/her legal limits while taking care of the other patients' higher requirements.

Thanks for the quick and thoughtful replies. I thought for sure I was out of luck so I did not give any specifics about myself. The last thing I want to do is hang some cg out to dry and/or feel beholden to them.

I am in the ferndale area, so metro D. If anyone that thinks they might be a good fit and wants to pm me to discuss further, that would be appreciated. Also, I have never attended a MOCC meeting, but there is one on the 15th, maybe we could meet and discuss further there as well.

Oh and I have seen the info here about overreaching by patients and demands for free product. I understand the value of your work and do not intend to try to squeeze anyone. I just think I could make my life easier by changing my current practice.

i dont want to make judgements against people, but i hope that you buy local...

or at least know that your street medicine wasnt grown for, nor supports a mexican cartel.

Just a reminder, those Mexican cartels support operation "Fast and Furious" and "Wide Reciever" which are US cartel programs to provide unlimited arms to their associates. It's a vicious circle. Show your support at the upcoming election activities !

It is my opinion that the simple fact that you were thinking about things from both points of view would indicate that you would be a good patient.

The amounts of medicine involved and balancing of patients has been addressed above.

Always remember, it only costs $10 to remove a caregiver. There is not much reason to keep one you are not happy/compatible with.

Good luck,

R