Questions About Becoming A Cg.

mrroguesr

If I am a caregiver for 5 patients at 12 plants per patients and my plant yield exceeds more then 2.5 ounces per patient is that not a violation of the law?

Question # 2 How much marijuana can a dispensary have on hand at one time.

Question # 3 How does a dispensary go about getting marijuana to sell to it's patients when as a marijuana grower can only have 5 patients at 12 plants each.

The reason I am asking these questions is because I am not a marijuana patient and I do not smoke either but I am interested in becoming a caregiver and

wondering how I can also supply dispensaries with the medicine patients need without accidentally violating state & local laws and putting myself in jepordy.

If I am a caregiver for 5 patients at 12 plants per patients and my plant yield exceeds more then 2.5 ounces per patient is that not a violation of the law?

Question # 2 How much marijuana can a dispensary have on hand at one time.

Question # 3 How does a dispensary go about getting marijuana to sell to it's patients when as a marijuana grower can only have 5 patients at 12 plants each.

The reason I am asking these questions is because I am not a marijuana patient and I do not smoke either but I am interested in becoming a caregiver and

wondering how I can also supply dispensaries with the medicine patients need without accidentally violating state & local laws and putting myself in jepordy.

The short answer is that for any non-patient to try to start from scratch as a CG, there really isn't a way to stay safe and actually make enough money to make it worthwhile. You need to get your reward from non-monetary satisfaction.

I'm not knocking you, just telling it as I see it.

#1: as it says in the law, its 2.5 oz per registered patient if you are primary caregiver. so 5 patients = 12.5 oz total.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(evxmxgfobcaefjawoiuwnd45))/printDocument.aspx?objectName=mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008&version=txt

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

the only thing in the law about transfers is the section 8 defense.

so i'm guessing that the dispensaries, co-ops and such hire caregivers to give marijuana to qualified patients.

which would make the limit of marijuana at any given dispensary be tied to the amount of caregivers w/ registered patients that they hire.

e.g. if bobs co-op had 5 caregivers with 5 patients each, the amount of marijuana would be 25 x 2.5oz = 62.5 oz or something like that. i dont run a dispensary, nor am i a lawyer. there might be case law that changes some of the legal status of my assumptions, i have not read every court opinion yet.

Edited by teethpain

I have more questions. My Fiance has MS and if we were to grow 12 plants like the law states you can and our yield is far greater the 2.5 ounces which we all know 12 plants depending on the plant

will yield much more then 2.5 ounces is'nt that a violation of the state law. And if it is a violation ...why would they state that you can grow 12 plants well knowing that the yield from any competent grower

would yield much more then 2.5 ounces with 12 plants. Is that a loophole for the state? I am really tring to understand!

And to reply to the above I would not try to get rich from becoming a CG. I want to help my soon to be wife with a marijuana supply without having to go to a dispensary and buying the overpriced product that they sell. And by doing so I can help other Patients with the same problem... that being... not able to afford the medicine they need because of the high prices the dispensaries charge for medicine. In my eyes the dispensaries already think that they are big Pharm and thats just not right, Some one is making alot of money when as far as I know I thought they were for non profit. I will give you a for instance my fiance's mother has MS also and she is on a fixed income now because of the really high prices these dispensaries charge and we all know what that is how is it that she can afford marijuana as a medicine the prices are higher then the meds she gets from the Pharmacy! How is this right! Maybe I start as a CG and open my own dispensary and drop the price by half or more!

I have more questions. My Fiance has MS and if we were to grow 12 plants like the law states you can and our yield is far greater the 2.5 ounces which we all know 12 plants depending on the plant

will yield much more then 2.5 ounces is'nt that a violation of the state law. And if it is a violation ...why would they state that you can grow 12 plants well knowing that the yield from any competent grower

would yield much more then 2.5 ounces with 12 plants. Is that a loophole for the state? I am really tring to understand!

And to reply to the above I would not try to get rich from becoming a CG. I want to help my soon to be wife with a marijuana supply without having to go to a dispensary and buying the overpriced product that they sell. And by doing so I can help other Patients with the same problem... that being... not able to afford the medicine they need because of the high prices the dispensaries charge for medicine. In my eyes the dispensaries already think that they are big Pharm and thats just not right, Some one is making alot of money when as far as I know I thought they were for non profit. I will give you a for instance my fiance's mother has MS also and she is on a fixed income now because of the really high prices these dispensaries charge and we all know what that is how is it that she can afford marijuana as a medicine the prices are higher then the meds she gets from the Pharmacy! How is this right! Maybe I start as a CG and open my own dispensary and drop the price by half or more!

The law doesn't say you MUST grow 12 plants. It says you can grow 12 plants. It also says you can’t have more than 2.5 oz per patient.

I’m sorry but this continual juvenile discussion is getting tiresome.

“Gee officer, yeah I know was a doin’ 85, but I was doin’ 55 up the hill, which was legal, but once I got to the top of the hill and started down, I no longer had control of my speed.” . It is your responsibility not to exceed the limit. Maybe you hit the brakes?

Gimme a break. “The law forces us to grow more than the law allows us to have.” Just stop this nonsense.

Ding, ding, ding. If you don’t need 12 plants to keep 2.5 oz in stock, then don’t grow 12 plants. It is your responsibility not to exceed the limit. Maybe you hit the brakes?

Why is that so hard to understand?

I can't wait for the first "The law made me grow too much" defense to hit the courts. I'm not sure if I like that better than "The devil made me do it." But they seem to have equal footing at this point.

Edited by Highlander

The law doesn't say you MUST grow 12 plants. It says you can grow 12 plants. It also says you can’t have more than 2.5 oz per patient.

“Gee officer, yeah I know was a doin’ 85, but I was doin’ 55 up the hill, which was legal, but once I got to the top of the hill and started down, I no longer had control of my speed.” . It is your responsibility not to exceed the limit. Maybe you hit the brakes?

Gimme a break. “The law forces us to grow more than the law allows us to have.” Just stop this nonsense.

Ding, ding, ding. If you don’t need 12 plants to keep 2.5 oz in stock, then don’t grow 12 plants. It is your responsibility not to exceed the limit. Maybe you hit the brakes?

I can't wait for the first "The law made me grow too much" defense to hit the courts. I'm not sure if I like that better than "The devil made me do it." But they seem to have equal footing at this point.

Excuse me for having a"juvenile discussion" But the law makers made this law vague and just about nonsensical for the average normal person to try to make hide nor hair of.It might have passed into law but it is very hard to understand which is right and what is wrong. For example does the law state which the total weight of the plant count towards the 2.5 ounces or is it just the colas being the smokeable part because in reality you have tricombs on leaves which is the psychoactive ingredient. This may sound laymen to you but for someone who would like to follow the law as much as possible it sounds like to me no matter what you do to try to follow the law they made it to be very difficult to do so. I could just see it we grow 2 plants for my fiance's MS and we exceed 2.5 ounces and we get raided by the cops and and throw us in jail because we grew 3.5 ounces is just nutty sounding. Maybe I need to move to California.

For example does the law state which the total weight of the plant count towards the 2.5 ounces or is it just the colas being the smokeable part because in reality you have tricombs on leaves which is the psychoactive ingredient.

MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)

Initiated Law 1 of 2008

333.26423 Definitions.

Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(3)

(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

Excuse me for having a"juvenile discussion" But the law makers made this law vague and just about nonsensical for the average normal person to try to make hide nor hair of.It might have passed into law but it is very hard to understand which is right and what is wrong. For example does the law state which the total weight of the plant count towards the 2.5 ounces or is it just the colas being the smokeable part because in reality you have tricombs on leaves which is the psychoactive ingredient. This may sound laymen to you but for someone who would like to follow the law as much as possible it sounds like to me no matter what you do to try to follow the law they made it to be very difficult to do so. I could just see it we grow 2 plants for my fiance's MS and we exceed 2.5 ounces and we get raided by the cops and and throw us in jail because we grew 3.5 ounces is just nutty sounding. Maybe I need to move to California.

Well the law is actually pretty easy to understand if you know how to deal with black and white. If you are a grey area person, then yeah, maybe you'll struggle. So let's quit pretending like "oooopps I have too much weed" is such a difficult problem to overcome. There is nothing vague about 12 plants and 2.5 ounces. The vagueness comes in when you try to find a way to support having more than that.

For example does the law state which the total weight of the plant count towards the 2.5 ounces or is it just the colas being the smokeable part because in reality you have tricombs on leaves which is the psychoactive ingredient. This may sound laymen to you but for someone who would like to follow the law as much as possible it sounds like to me no matter what you do to try to follow the law they made it to be very difficult to do so.

It sounds to me like you didn't even read the law or you would know what part of the plant counts as usable and what doesn't. This is 90% of the problem.

I get a good laugh that somone would call me a troll for simply stating that it is quite possible to comply with the law. Maybe to avoid overages you cull the weaker plants early. Maybe you practice some composting. Maybe you don't grow 12 to begin with. Maybe you do an extraction and destroy the greens before they are dry. There are many, many ways to comply with the law. But we continually have people who pop out of the woodwork and talk as if the law makes them grow too much and makes them keep that overage and therefore it is impossible to comply with.

I am one of those people who gave an awful lot just to see this get on the ballot. And when it passed, I was grateful that I could grow 12 plants and use MJ to treat my medical conditions. Simply ecstatic. A lot of us work hard to make the law we have work for ourselves and our patients and, yeah, we get a bit irritated when people disregard the wonderful gift the voters of the State of Michigan gave us. Make it work, or don't. Many people have been busting their donkey to work within the system while others use their energy to say that the law is impossible to comply with.

2.5+ million people voted "yes" for this law, and we have about 132,000 registered patients at this point.

So we have about 1 patient per 20 people who voted "yes."

That means for every patient out there, there are 20 people who voted "yes" for the law and 10 people who voted "no"

Why on earth would we now send the message that 2.5 million people voted "yes" for a law that is completely unworkable? Rather than express our gratitude by making the best of what the voters gave us?

You get 12 plants and 2.5 ounces. Keep the shyt locked up and don't go over your limits. Is it really that hard?

I guess if you see the law as just too hard to work around, then you are better off not participating in the program - just like the old days. But you talk as if you are mad that the law isn't convenient for you.

You probably won't see another state pass a law allowing home grows. Are you happy with the law we have, or do you want to roll the dice and try for a new one??

Edited by Highlander

have you grown before.when u start you may find it isnt so easy and you may not be getting wh.at you think u will.then u cull males then start clones.remember.u can also flower clones at 2 or so inches and difgerent strsins will finish at different times.then keep your mouth shut and dont transport any more weed than nessasarydont sell and u wont haveany problems.if u yreat it like before tme mmmp you wont have problems

or at least move out from under that rock your living under!

Peace

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Bawahahahahahahahahahaha :lolu:

Maybe i should have read past the first post lmfao before I posted in here, bawahahahahahahahaha to funny, now you owe me some screen cleaner!

"the first the law made me grow to much" Fricking hilarious!

Peace

Jim

i have kids and i know that the kids cant have any knowledge and the doors have to be locked and secure. But i will be growing inside the basement and was wondering if there is any other not to do things that could possibly get my kids taken away? i will appreciate if someone that has kids and is doing similar thing walk me through this. or any one with experience and knowledge can also.