Arizona Will Award 4 Medical-cannabis Dispensing Licenses.

greenbuddha

US AZ: Arizona Will Award 4 Medical-Marijuana Dispensing Licenses

facebook.gif stumble.gif diggit.gif reddit.gif delicious.gif

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v12/n390/a04.html

Newshawk: Herb

Pubdate: Mon, 06 Aug 2012

Source: Arizona Republic (Phoenix, AZ)

Copyright: 2012 The Arizona Republic

Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/24

Author: Gary Nelson

ARIZONA WILL AWARD 4 MEDICAL-MARIJUANA DISPENSING LICENSES IN MESA

Mesa in line for 4; one district has no eligible sites

Mesa will find out this week who will be authorized to operate the four medical-marijuana dispensaries likely to set up shop in the city.

The Arizona Department of Health Services will conduct a lottery on Tuesday to choose from the scores of applicants vying for the business of people legally authorized to use marijuana.

[Remainder snipped]

The Arizona Department of Health Services will conduct a lottery.

Come one, come all. and be the first in Arizona to make some serious cash off of patients, win the lottery! They can't grow their own now, so you might as well take advantage. If I lived within 25 miles of the entity that ate my grow rights, I would make it my personal goal to make their day a challenge, each and every day. Staying within the law, of course.

Edited by Restorium2

LEGALIZE it'

As least one of the three states that have it on their ballots this fall will be doing.

One can only hope. It is painfully obvious that legalization is the only answer to the "marijuana problem", but the political class apparently is unable to see the obvious. They have been fed outlandish conspiracy theories for so long that they believe them unquestionably.

One can only hope. It is painfully obvious that legalization is the only answer to the "marijuana problem", but the political class apparently is unable to see the obvious. They have been fed outlandish conspiracy theories for so long that they believe them unquestionably.

Absolutely !!!

AND they (politicians) know that without the support of the Law Enforcement unions and agencies, at BOTH the federal AND state levels, the probability of being elected drops drastically.

A politician needs the 'law and order' vote in order to get elected, plain and simple, and they will not go against it.

The change in cannabis laws will only come about from the will of the voters. And hopefully that will begin when one of the states that has 'legalization' on their ballot for this fall, gets it voted into law.

I believe it will happen.

I believe they do see the obvious, and quite clearly.

It always comes back to the money and how gov can get there grubby little hands on all of it.

Until gov can figure a way to 'control and regulate' Cannabis to their sole benefit, it will not be legalized.

Not in the manner we wish it to be anyway.

It will all be 100% corporate run ... just like our gov.

Then good bye to small grows.

Come one, come all, get your low grade, gov grown or approved Cannabis at your local pharmacy (?).

Or at gov owed and operated 'dispensaries/ provisionary centers'.

If that is legalization, I personally want no part of it.

I don't want to rain on anyone's dream, as I have the same dream, to finally see Cannabis freed of prohibition.

I am just a realist also.

again, jm02

Dont you think if it was completely legalized the federal government would just regulate and tax it. If I had my choice of taking a piece of the action for doing nothing over operating everything myself I would go for the percentage. If recreational use was equal to say alcohol what would be different. I know corporations would take over and it sucks but it would take an entire shift in our countries, and the worlds, love of capitalism to stop that from happening. I do have the option of some great microbrews in my area despite the corporate takeover.

Edited by michaelscott

Dont you think if it was completely legalized the federal government would just regulate and tax it. If I had my choice of taking a piece of the action for doing nothing over operating everything myself I would go for the percentage. If recreational use was equal to say alcohol what would be different. I know corporations would take over and it sucks but it would take an entire shift in our countries, and the worlds, love of capitalism to stop that from happening. I do have the option of some great microbrews in my area despite the corporate takeover.

Exactly.

The legislation being voted on in the three states that have 'legalization' on their ballots for this fall, 'ALL' of them allow for a person to grow cannabis plants for THEIR OWN PRIVATE USE.

Given that fact, I fail to see how 'legalizing cannabis' turns ANY rights over to a 'cartel' or anyone else.

A person could grow their own and share that with anyone they choose to.

A 'mircogrow' fits right into it.

Exactly.

The legislation being voted on in the three states that have 'legaliztion' on their ballots for this fall, 'ALL' of them allow for a person to grow cannabis plants for THEIR OWN PRIVATE USE.

Given that fact, I fail to see how 'legalizing cannabis' turns ANY rights over to a 'cartel' or anyone else.

A person could grow their own and share that with anyone they choose to.

A 'mircogrow' fits right into it.

This is exactly the point I was going to make. Given the popularity of microbreweries (and now micro distilleries) and the fact that anyone can make their own booze, how could they then outlaw the growing of one's own cannabis? I can't see how big grows could profit off something that can be grown quite effectively in one's own backyard.

They have so little control over cannabis. The best they can do is try to knick us with state registrations. Other than that they can regulate sentencing. We are entrenched and empowered by medical now. If they don't follow through, like they did with wine, then we will just take our place at the table without a name tag. I think the biggest jokes are federal weed and THC spray. They are right next to state regulated dispensaries, on the deserted street with tumble weeds blowing by. No one wants them. If they could understand that, then they would let us be, like they did with home wine making. So we have to watch their business models crumble and die first before they will let us grow for our own needs. It's the money that stands in the way. Hold onto your cash flow patients, and maybe we can speed this up a little. Never spend a penny with the regulators. If it's regulated, don't buy it. Watch them shrivel and go out of business, as you watch your future grow in your basement. Support the small grower, they are your future.

you guys all act like we are not under the rule of a drug war nazi....all this squawking about pts is just politics....you and i know obammer doesn't believe in states rights he will raid the legal disp and pts will have to learn to grow their own.... it will be obammer that pushes cancer pts back to the cartels.... the same one he gave all the guns too....