Warning. Law Changes Will Take Place Instantly.

peanutbutter

Don't they teach civics classes in school anymore?.. Heh... j/k

Anyhow,

A Students Guide to the Legislative process

http://www.legislatu...tudentGuide.pdf

Pertinent parts are pages 12-20ish but it seems everyone should read this cover to cover.

Those are rules for governments that obey the law.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appeals Court rejects Dem complaints about GOP 'immediate effect' votes

5:39 PM, August 16, 2012  |   Comments

free press--(first time ever trying cut/paste)

maybe some folks didn't watch racheal maddow earlier this summer when she did the exposé on michigans current legislature and how they were 'ramrodding' ...(for lack of a better term)..legislation thru our system....

that tells me their going to do whatever "they" want to in regards to the law...irregardless to the voters...

I mean if you read this article..(which I tried to link) ...many dems have opposed our current process as illegal...and even tried to file suit---

if the current republican controlled legislature we have now is doing the things they want to towards "Michigan families ,students and seniors" as the article said....

my question is what makes us as patients( who use mmj which they mostly are against)...think they will give us any slack??

I believe the SC will be more benevolent in light of these harsher guidelines...JMO

and we are gonna have to hold our collective breath till nov...

these bills are allready a done deal...IMO.....they just want folks like sen jones to finish them up with a few last minute amendments that make it even harder to be compliant....and stay that way

these bills will effect all of us as pts/CG ....and I don't believe anything will stop them nor minamalize them short of ten thousand of us standing on the capital steps in SILENT protest! that would get some attention---JMO

they will be deleting and throwing out mmj letters and emails....JMO...

.real time sit downs might get their attention and they will politely sit down and have coffee and pretend to listen to your concerns.....BUT...these bills are a done deal....IMO....

I'm anxious to see what last minute amendments they will allow....and the bottoml line on these clarifications...to our law--

and what Calton has to say at the little conference this weekend in A2--if he's really gonna be there---

Edited by purple pimpernel

You are Right on the Mark Peanut Butter>> for the most part, i concur with your summation of the situation at hand.... Atleast as far as Im concerned.

Some here are trying to make everyone watch the card in their right hand, while the left hand is where?

Let Me ask this. What is the most important law we have on the books in Michigan?

So, I may have to enclose my facilities in a manner that people can't see in? Great. I live in the middle of nowhere, own all the property around me and both sides of the road, and now I'll have to hide my greenhouses? Utter overkill. Well, I can just keep the plastic and fans up year round, I suppose.

Well looks like blueberry was not far off on his predictions.

Just a few questions: What is the point of an outside grow if it can not get good ole free sun light?

second question, who has a good supply of Hemorrhoid cream, my bass hurts.

So now that we no longer have any input into the process what do we do? It is obvious our so called state leaders have the federal agenda on their minds.

That being going back to the good ole days of prohibition. All I want now is a list of state reps and senate members that are up for reelection! My vote will speak for me come November!! :cigar:

Edited by Fat Freddy

a good Majority are up for ReElection this year... need to cross co ordinate a list of YEAH votes to a LIST OF VOTE OUTS.

Majority? No. Not a single state senator is up for re-election this year. The house is up for re-election. However, between retirees and those term limited almost 1/3 of the incumbents are not up for re-election. Currently the house is about 60% republican. I would bet dollars to donuts that most republicans won't care if a mm activist says they won't vote for the house members that don't vote pro-mm. They don't see mm activists as their core base. They don't feel that they will get the vote from you regardless and they are more concerned with alienating their constituents/base. Romney is a good example of how this works.

well that would be another fatal mistake on the Repubs side. Most of Michigan is Independents. and many vote best man and this yr they wont be voting for Mitt Romney....Or Barack Obama.

So you're the prophet? What do you want to bet that either Romney or Obama WILL get the majority of Michigan votes? How about whoever loses has to put up an image on their avatar image position that is chosen by the other person?

The latest Rasmussen Reports(July) telephone survey of Likely Michigan Voters shows Obama with 48% support to Romney’s 42%. Five percent (5%) favor some other candidate in the race, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/michigan/election_2012_michigan_president

well that would be another fatal mistake on the Repubs side. Most of Michigan is Independents. and many vote best man and this yr they wont be voting for Mitt Romney....Or Barack Obama.

I have stated this before to no avial. We need to take a lesson from AZ history repeats itself. Medical mary j was first passed in az over 10 yrs ago through a ballot int and there legislaters totally overturned it with a 3/4 vote we got lucky that has not happened yet. There is one cause we should all unite on forget about legalization and work on getting a ballot int that simply states that the legislature cant over turn your make any changes to a ballot int. I think we could get a broad range of voters behind this. This would really hand cuff those lawmakers. Thats what AZ did after there law was totaly taken from them. I think normal really dropped the ball on this one they got the cart in front of the horse.

Ok so who do we vote for?? BOZO for prez?? Ah what the heck whats another clown in office....

After all the circus is n town and has been for years.

A patient cannot be convicted for a doctor's mistake unless the patient was aware. Generally, intent is necessary to convict someone of a crime. This is a fallacy that jojo grabbed and ran with in an effort to fear monger.

What if a doc loses his/her license but continues to practice medicine...then prescribes you a medicine? Can you be convicted for filling the script and taking the meds? Not unless you KNEW the doc couldn't write a valid script.

The difference here is that your certification gives you immunity against repercussions for the illegal act of marijuana possession. Invalidate that certification, you are no longer immune for you illegal action.

The difference here is that your certification gives you immunity against repercussions for the illegal act of marijuana possession. Invalidate that certification, you are no longer immune for you illegal action.

The certification is only invalid after the patient and caregiver are informed of the action. If you duck the certified letter it's then your neck on the line. All they have to do is have proof they sent it to the address on file. There's nothing instant about the process. Been there once myself already. You get a certified letter with the time period you have to get your act together.

Folks can't simply assume that all the officials in the state will obey the law.

If they jump the gun and arrest someone sixty seconds after the law is passed, they will be able to present their defense in court.

IF THAT COURT ALLOWS IT. And we've seen how well that works.

The headlines some of these folks will see is that there was a change in the law. Back to arrest them all and let the courts sort it out.

Folks can't simply assume that all the officials in the state will obey the law.

If they jump the gun and arrest someone sixty seconds after the law is passed, they will be able to present their defense in court.

IF THAT COURT ALLOWS IT. And we've seen how well that works.

The headlines some of these folks will see is that there was a change in the law. Back to arrest them all and let the courts sort it out.

I am far from 'Mr. Conspiracy Theory," but I have seen enough to know that there are LEOs out there who have been tracking grows.....and among these grows being tracked are grows grown (groan) by someone with a non-drug felony who might suddenly awake to find himself on the wrong side of a new law and the wrong end of a raid.

And we do know that there are numerous LEOs out there who subscribe to the (false) idea that a warrant is made good by what it finds.

Expect the following new procedure:

1. LEO gets warrant to search a CG's home - a CG who is a non-drug felon.

2. They destroy everything, except for what they load up and take away.

3. They leave the grower with some paper, which basically says "Come up with $5,000 to hire a competent attorney to try to get your stuff back...or lose your stuff in two weeks."

4. They try every grasped-straw to show the grower is out-of-compliance...(weigh roots and other scrap, weigh medibles, count cuttings as plants, weigh wet meds as dry, toss 21-day-old paperwork aside, construe that the facility wasn't "locked enough." etc etc etc. They will throw everything at you that they think will stick, plus almost everything they think might stick.)

And then the ugliness really starts. They gloss over that the warrant was bad and sit your scared donkey down and say "Well we found 89 plants and 17.8 ounces, so you're messed...Doesn't matter that the warrant was bad the first place. We searched, you were out of bounds, and now YOU LOSE!!!!"

And you either come up with $15k to launch a competent legal defense and dedicate the next decade to trying to keep your donkey out of jail, or you roll over on your belly and take a plea that amounts to a felony, and you're done growing.

What people need to realize is that there really hasn't been much consequence when the LEOs get it wrong.

Did you know that you can sue a LEO personally on a civil rights violation? And if he loses, he has to pay - not his dept., but him??? But worst case would be a judgement of about $500 against the officer.

So that's what we're up against.

We patients and CGs can "ooops" and it could cost us a felony. LEO can take down our grow, destroy our stuff, and ruin our names - just because they want to. And if they are wrong, their max penality is a few hundred bucks.

Edited by Highlander

So you're the prophet? What do you want to bet that either Romney or Obama WILL get the majority of Michigan votes? How about whoever loses has to put up an image on their avatar image position that is chosen by the other person?

You Dont say? only one will get a majority of votes? wow, that is so asstute of you to figure out...

I said simply, in Mi, there are MORE independent voters than there are Registered Demoncrats or Repuklicans.

Lets see, there are 5 candidates for President of the United States. Most hear of 2.

CL, your question is like asking which rigged horse race do you want to bet on. the one were you are rigged to lose, or the one you are rigged to lose?

Edited by Timmahh

I should add here that currently in Michigan, there are numerous judges who will sign a warrant based on evidence that there is MJ on the premesis. They don't care if it is medical or not. And in a recent SC ruling, we learned that we are all breaking the law. The SC says so. We have exceptions to arrest and/or conviction, but in the end, we are all law-breakers.

So LEO doesn't need to prove that you have an excess of plants, or that you sold to your non-patient cousin, or that you clipped too many cuttings 2 weeks ago and now they have roots..... to get a warrant. They just need to give a judge a reasonable argument that 'there is marijuana in there.' And he gets his warrant.

"I smelled it" "He told me he grows it in there" 'We picked up the trash and found hydro stuff and checked the utility records and found they're through the roof." All these declarations work too.

LEO only needs to make a weak arguement that their is "marijuana" (plants, meds - whatever) in that house" to get a signed pass to go look. That's where we are. Plan accordingly.

The people of MI have been sold out by their politicians. I am from the SW side of the state and cops have used forged medical cards to entrap caregivers. They have done this in other areas of the state as well. Why are the politicians changing the law when the only problems that have occurred are with LE and the judicial system? It's because they're creating more ways to throw our asses in jail and take what little belongings we have left.

• 3 months later...

House Bill 4853 (Substitute H-1 as reported by the Committee of the Whole)

Sponsor: Representative Ed McBroom

House Committee: Judiciary

Senate Committee: Judiciary

CONTENT

The bill would amend the Code of Criminal Procedure to include a violation of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA) in the sentencing guidelines.

Under the MMMA, if a registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under the Act, the patient's or caregiver's registry identification card must be revoked and the person is guilty of a felony punishable by up to two years' imprisonment and/or a maximum fine of $2,000. The penalty is in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

Under the bill, selling marihuana in violation of registry identification card restrictions would be included in the sentencing guidelines as a Class G felony against the public trust, with a statutory maximum sentence of two years' imprisonment.

The bill would take effect on April 1, 2013.