Throwing Caregivers Under The Bus?

Here's the amicus brief submitted by the Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild in the Compassionate Apothecary Supreme Court case.

Starting on page 23 to the end, they pretty much say caregivers are unable to provide safe medicine to patients.

Pure propaganda as this doesn't even have anything to do with P2P transfers which is what the case is about.

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/peoplevcompassionateapothecarysctamicusbyannarbormedicalcannabisguild0727121345945292.pdf

Some highlights:

But in practice, the private caregiver system is not always reliable....

He just wants “to be able to obtain safe-lab tested cannabis from a dispensary for [his] condition.

Patients have been ripped off by caregivers and been unable to gain access to their medicine as a result of crop failures or a caregiver just quitting.

Unlike an individual growing their own medicine or a single caregiver, a dispensary facilitating a patient-to patient transfer can help a patient find the right strain of marijuana for their particular condition

Another reason that the definition of medical use should include dispensaries is that a dispensary is capable of creating different forms of cannabis so that it can be ingested in ways other than smoking it. ( CGs can't?)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STATEMENT OF QUESTION INVOLVED

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act [MMMA] became law as the result of a citizens’ initiative petition approved by voters in November 2008. Patient- to-patient transfers/sales of medical grade marijuana fulfill the objectives and intent of the MMMA, which is to facilitate patients’ access to this medicine. Was it the intent of the voters in the §3(e) definition of “medical use” to allow patient-to-patient transfers/sales of medical marijuana in compliance with the amounts and frequency specified in the MMMA?

Amicus Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild, Inc. answers: YES

I guess I read it different....

RELIEF

Amicus Curiae Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild, Inc. respectfully requests that this Honorable Court hold that the definition of “medical use” in MMMA §3(e) includes patient-to-patient transfers of medical marijuana...."whether they are facilitated by a dispensary or not, " .....because that interpretation is consistent with the intent of the voters and the MMMA.

I guess we're back to that P-P transfer question.....

and I am confused as to the question of what goals the mmma are after.....JMO

and since activism is discouraged here unless it's thru mmma protocol.what is the mmma after??

cg-p transfers thru CCs??...jm2c

Edited by purple pimpernel

The point was that the case is about patient to patient transfers. Not about caregivers. So why bash caregivers like that? Just stick with saying why, making the case why, patient to patient transfers are legal. That's the point. They don't need to take a swipe at their competition as they are getting themselves legal. I'm surprised they didn't mention growing while they were at it. And some kind of limitation to it, like the other dispensaries are going for.

Everyone wants patient to patient legal. But don't kick caregivers, and patients growing their own, in the groin, getting there. We have pleaded with them over and over to stop. But they always show their true colors when you see the paperwork and wording.

This kind of crap is one of the biggest problems of this country. People in power blowing a lot of nonsense out of their mouths. People in power should not say things unless they have the knowledge to back it up.

To the foolish court: They say that me, a caregiver, is unable to provide medical grade medicine, for whatever reason, and that a dispensary possibly can? I would more than happily challenge any dispensary's medicine against mine when it comes to quality, potency, and purity. Any time, anywhere.

To any possible future big business that plans to push low grade medicine. I would happily put my products up against theirs any day! Big businesses - pharmaceuticals are famous for pushing low grade crap on us daily. Oh whoa for the mighty dollar and not for quality, not for the good of the people.... shame on them!

As a Michigan caregiver, I have 100% success rate of curing cancer with my product. Can any one of them make the same claim? I know there are many other caregivers here in Michigan that can say the same. I have yet to hear of any "dispensary" or pharmaceutical company that can say the same.

It makes me sick to hear people in power making such false claims. I have never, since beginning this program, ran out of medicine for my patients. There are many other caregivers in Michigan that can make the same claims that I have.

I think I will go and vomit now......

This whole question revolves around the need for places like farmers markets and safe access places. Not necessarily a dispensary.

With such in place the honor system works fine due to the verity being offered, The caregivers reputation is subject to public opinion.

As far as p2p goes I think that is a basic part of the law. Example: Patient A has a family member as a caregiver. leo raids their crop.

Patient A needs constant care due to their illness so the caregiver can not readily leave to get needed meds.

Being networked he/she calls a network member to fill the need. I see no problem with this.

But the same can be said of farmers markets and dispensaries selling moldy meds

That is true, however if the patients and other caregivers express their observations and that person is open to asking for help

Then That person will remove the meds being offered and compost them.

Sadly I must confess that I had to do that very same thing happen to me. In my book the patient's welfare comes before my wallet does.

My meds did not cure properly so I composted them after it was brought to my attention. Then I ask a thousand and one questions of everyone that I know.

After a moment of reflection: let me say this: In the sense of the term of caregiver wouldn't be in our best interest to help those having problems with the curing process?? The learning curve gets a little steep when curing. Not everyone can say I got it right the 1st time or can learn from a book. Only practical application, experience and mentor guidance can solve the problems we all have had to deal with.

Edited by Fat Freddy

This whole question revolves around the need for places like farmers markets and safe access places. Not necessarily a dispensary.

With such in place the honor system works fine due to the verity being offered, The caregivers reputation is subject to public opinion.

As far as p2p goes I think that is a basic part of the law. Example: Patient A has a family member as a caregiver. leo raids their crop.

Patient A needs constant care due to their illness so the caregiver can not readily leave to get needed meds.

Being networked he/she calls a network member to fill the need. I see no problem with this.

Absolutely not. No law is defined by need. That's where the train keeps coming off the tracks. No law is defined by doing either.

Laws are defined by their wording and precedents set.

No matter how much you need it to be a certain way, or how much you perform the acts you want to be legal, it will never effect what a law actually means in the long run. That's why these attacks on caregivers, and patients growing their own, by the dispensary people, are fruitless to make transfers legal. It's just a kick in the nuts for no reason other than to take away our grow rights and create a monopoly for them.

Edited by Restorium2

The only thing that makes any sense at all, with what the dispensary people have been saying, since 2009, is that they want it all. They want to grow it and sell it. Nothing else makes sense of what they keep saying. I'm done hearing excuses for them. I'm taking them at their word. They want all of us patients buying from them with no other choice at all. Really, why wouldn't they? Don't be fooled again.</p>

I no where the dispensary's will get there meds from same place they have been getting it from all along import meds from other states seen it first hand as a patient in 09 before i had my set up going. They where so bold to even say hash from CA. this was one of the origanal dispensary's not in Ann Arbor but in Wayne County, at another undisclosed dispensary use to be located on main st above a bbq resturant i overheard a phone call the owner he was in ca and wanted one of the female employess to wire 9000k to ca i wonder what he needed that for. If your in the "in" crowd then maybe they buy from a caregiver but more than likey they want free samples for there own personal smoke and you never recieve a call back for even top shelf products. just my 2 cents worth.

Where will they get their product? They will grow it themselves, or some will keep importing it from their current providers in California and Colorado.

not sure about your side of the state but the dispensaries near me do not grow there own or import from out of state. Makes me think you guys are after the bogeyman sometimes.

If a dispensary did grow themselves and is all they offered, would it last? Depends on the meds wouldn't it?

Everyone brace themselves,

Isn't it easier to put a stop to someone selling moldy meds at a venue like this versus a caregiver selling them on his own.

Isn't it easier to put a stop to someone selling moldy meds at a venue like this versus a caregiver selling them on his own.

There are a very small percentage of newbie caregivers that have a mold problem and they like to dump them at a store or market. They want to fling them out of their neighborhood so they travel a hundred miles to Jackson and off them to someone they don't know. Same with poisonous bug killer on cannabis. They want to fling it as far and wide as they can.

not sure about your side of the state but the dispensaries near me do not grow there own or import from out of state. Makes me think you guys are after the bogeyman sometimes.

If a dispensary did grow themselves and is all they offered, would it last? Depends on the meds wouldn't it?

Everyone brace themselves,

Dude. We have a dispensary OWNER ON TAPE saying "Put the chemical smelling weed in the medibles".

No boogeyman. They say this stuff right out in public. You must have skipped the article and went right to posting?

There are a very small percentage of newbie caregivers that have a mold problem and they like to dump them at a store or market. They want to fling them out of their neighborhood so they travel a hundred miles to Jackson and off them to someone they don't know. Same with poisonous bug killer on cannabis. They want to fling it as far and wide as they can.

That is fear mongering and in general simply not true. They drive because they know they will sellout all unused meds in a matter of hours. One bad apple huh.

That is fear mongering and in general simply not true. They drive because they know they will sellout all unused meds in a matter of hours. One bad apple huh.

Then why do the dispensaries say we grow bad meds in our basements? You can't have it both ways. If you start thinking about it a little you can see exactly where they are heading with this talk. They can't cut down what we grow and turn around and sell it for us. It's so easy to see what they have in their sights.

Edited by Restorium2

Dude. We have a dispensary OWNER ON TAPE saying "Put the chemical smelling weed in the medibles".

No boogeyman. They say this stuff right out in public. You must have skipped the article and went right to posting?

How many caregivers employ this practice without ever telling anyone, always going to be aholez out there.

How many caregivers employ this practice without ever telling anyone, always going to be aholez out there.

We will never know. But what we do know is that a dispensary OWNER did this. And a bad grower took it there to fling it out of his neighborhood. That's what we do know. What can't be denied. That, along with what the dispensary owners are telling the courts and the cops that WE can't be trusted growing. Heck, they will buy the garbage AND hide it in a cookie so they can sell it. They help a bad grower hide it. Not keep it out of the market.