Mitt Romney Does Not Want To Talk About Medical Marijuana [video]

AlternativeSolutionsPlus

Mitt Romney Does Not Want To Talk About Medical Marijuana [Video]

143997972.jpg?w=212&h=300#038;h=300

Mitt Romney was appalled when a reporter asked him about medical marijuana during an interview with a local CBS affiliate in Colorado today. He responded by angrily listing off a list of questions he’d prefer to be asked.

“Aren’t there issues? Aren’t there issues of significance that youd like to talk about? The economy? The growth of jobs? The need to put people back to work? The challenges of Iran? We’ve got enormous issues that we face,” Mr. Romney said.

The reporter, Shaun Boyd, replied that medical marijuana is “a significant issue” in Colorado, where it was legalized in 2000. Mr. Romney reluctantly agreed to discuss the topic.

“Go ahead,” he said.

Mr. Romney went on to explain his view that marijuana is dangerous and should be illegal.

“I think marijuana should not be legal in this country. I believe it’s a gateway drug to other drug violations. The use of illegal drugs in this country is leading to terrible consequences in places like Mexico and actually in our own country,” said Mr. Romney. “I oppose legalization of marijuana. I oppose legalization of other kinds of drugs, but I can tell you that I have a plan to get this economy going.”

After discussing drugs, they went on to discuss economic issues and finished the interview.

“See, I got to jobs,” Ms. Boyd said as Mr. Romney began to leave.

“Finally,” Mr. Romney said with a laugh. “Finally. … I’m not running on marriage and marijuana those are state issues.”

Watch a video of the interview below. Mr. Romney begins discussing medical marijuana at about 2:20.

http://politicker.com/2012/05/mitt-romney-does-not-want-to-talk-about-medical-marijuana-video/

Edited by AlternativeSolutionsPlus

i wonder if mit could really be worse than obammer....i mean obammer has the record....and lets face it he lied right to our face and went on to be a far worse drug war fanatic than bush bush clinton or raygun...... so ya voting for mit is horrible theres a good chance he could be just as bad as obammer....so lets say...gary johnson

A more recent update on the Republican dilettanti foreign policies. Looking pretty grim on all sides:

The outlook does not look promising for Mexico, following the declaration of the Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, who says our country will propose a unified front to address drug trafficking and terrorism.

Author: Jesus Esquivel

TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 27 (APRO). - The virtual GOP presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, proposed to nations like Mexico and Colombia to join a unified front to address the problem of drug trafficking and terrorism. As part of the Republican National Convention, which will begin on Tuesday 28 in this city, was announced the "political platform" Romney proposed to the Americans, which is played out in the international fight against drug trafficking.

"The war on drugs and the war on terror have been formed in the same parcel ", is a stable in the political platform of the Republican Party." "We salute our allies in this fight, especially the people of Mexico and Colombia," the Romney proposal said.

"We intend to make a unified effort in the fight against crime and terrorism, to coordinate the exchange of intelligence information between our regional allies and among military. "

It highlights the proposal "to provide training and exchange of intelligence with Mexico, whose citizens bear the brunt of the heaviest part of the savage attacks of the cartels."

The Republican platform is exposed just under the Convention where anoint Romney and Paul Ryan as candidates for the presidency and vice presidency ahead of elections next November 6. However, the Republican strategy offers nothing new in the fight against drug trafficking in Mexico.

Exchanging intelligence and military cooperation is exactly what has been done since the launch of the Mérida Initiative, occurring during the six years of Mexican President Felipe Calderon, and near the end of the mandate of former President George W. Bush.

Nevertheless, the political platform of Romney says his government eventually will restore relations with the countries of the Americas, considering that President Barack Obama "gave back" to the countries of the region. Romney even has Obama accused of causing a rift in U.S. relations with Latin American and Caribbean nations.

"Instead of supporting our democratic allies in the region, the president has given priority to regional clashes with our enemies", is a complaint of the Republican platform.

Bubblican Consensus: Irresponsibility of the Obama administration in managing the relationship with Latin American countries, according to the Republicans, the governments of "Cuba and Venezuela" have been radicalized, bringing about the collapse of the options of prosperity in these two nations.

From the real Front, Sola B, in Mexico.

Edited by solabeirtan

The use of illegal drugs in this country is leading to terrible consequences in places like Mexico and actually in our own country,” said Mr. Romney.

Gotta look out for his home country before looking out for the one he wants to be president of.

note:

He is more concerned with promoting the drug war and all its truly ugly consequences on the citizens of both countries esp Mexico.

Where most of the gold in Ft Knox came from and continues to enrich their numerous other coffers.