Death Star

robert75

The breeder Dstar is nothing like the original Ohio Dstar cut. You can get the clone and the Genotype that makes the funk or you can get the various reproduction attempts. I doubt most of what you see in MI is the clone that made Dstar a strong name in Ohio. Pheno is what matters, which is a combination of enviroment/technique. It is a top tier strain when done right.

Ohio has some great Genes. Lemon G is my favorite flavor. Great breeding potential. Oily.

I don't by seeds ever. So I could care less about anybody's brand.

The breeder Dstar is nothing like the original Ohio Dstar cut. You can get the clone and the Genotype that makes the funk or you can get the various reproduction attempts. I doubt most of what you see in MI is the clone that made Dstar a strong name in Ohio. Pheno is what matters, which is a combination of enviroment/technique. It is a top tier strain when done right.

Ohio has some great Genes. Lemon G is my favorite flavor. Great breeding potential. Oily.

I don't by seeds ever. So I could care less about anybody's brand.

I hear what your saying but i don't mess with clones because there is too many amatuers with bugs and what not.  Plus people lie and straight up people will tell you they never had bugs but lie for a 20.00 dollar bill. 

And with clones you never know whether it was from a natural male x female or if you got a Feminized clone that has Allelles locked up.  ANd YOU 100% cannot breede into a FEMINIZED plant.  You will end up with Mutations, high male or female variations and a host of other weird things.

That is why I work with seeds and go thru packs with me and a few guys to find Pheno's from reputable breeders with sound practices like Gage Green.

If you don't start from seeds your missing out on millions of potential combinations.

I don't breed only get clones from people that I have grown with and known for 15 years. Don't have the space for it. If I was breeding then yes seeds would be the way to go. I've got about 200 seeds from late 60's and early 70's, Panama and Colombian. Been in a tin since that time. Never got any to germ out of the 20 that I played with. Think there is any way to revive them? Or are they toast?

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

I don't breed only get clones from people that I have grown with and known for 15 years. Don't have the space for it. If I was breeding then yes seeds would be the way to go. I've got about 200 seeds from late 60's and early 70's, Panama and Colombian. Been in a tin since that time. Never got any to germ out of the 20 that I played with. Think there is any way to revive them? Or are they toast?

wow from the 60's..dude holy moly.....probably not good.  i store mine in refridgeration.  If I only had beans from so long ago stored properly that would awesome..lol...

Since I am not breeding yet I cannot answer any of the above.  i will tell you that when I am which is very soon I will send you some of the beans to test.  I have 4 sets of males from Gage Green gear and Bodhi's that I have been keepin basically in stasis for a year now with barely enough light on them to not stunt them but just enough to stay healthy.  When I have some beans i will gladly give you some OG BEASTER so you can see what is up.

i don't want to breed commercially just for my own purposes so I can get new combo's with what I love and bring to a few select group of people.

Right on.

I inherited the seeds from my father. There were sealed in old film canisters and placed inside an old cookie tin. Tried soaking some and nothing.

I'll run anything you send me with full reporting.

By labor day wekend several pair will be ready to the selected males I have to a few of my Moms.  The 2 males i am starting with are 2 Goji OG Males and 2 Burning Desire from Gage Green Genetics.  I can't decide which to pair up with what though.  The Mom's I want to tap are Chemdawg bx3 and Grape Stomper x Grape Stomper OG, and possibly might attempt to make a Goji OG F2.

When I moved out my last house I flowered out a Chemdawg bx3 male and hit it to a few females, but my True first attempt was so last minute and shoddy that germ ratio's blew.  But with me making tghem a special room inthe basement this round will be done proper.

• 3 months later...

Team Death Star...hype..like TGA.   Not bashing just telling it how it is.  TGA outsources his work.  I spoke with DOc green thumb on the phone and he admitted to doing the same thing outsourcing the breeding projects.  How the fux does a breeeder say they are quality when they don't directly have their hands on the work  That I will never understand.  i wanted to buy TGA's hells angels OG but backed off after reading about so many of his hermie issues.  I had his Querkle that not 1 turned a hint of purple and I dropped the temps, fl.ushed of nutrients, did a whole bunmch of stuff..nothing worked.  Fallse advertising should be a crime..lol

To me a breeder is the one doing the freaking breeding.  Meaning you know the tendencies and have runthe plant yourself so you can say what is what.  Maybe I am OCD though...

I had three different phenos from my QUERKLE batch.  Two turned pretty good purple.  I have a jar, I can go take a picture if you'd like to see what it looks like.  IT was a fat producer of dank.  Never any hermie issues...

• 1 month later...

I have the cut of death star we been growing it for a couple years now and it's absolute fire. Lucky enough to belong to a medical seed collective where can trade genetics and got it from a guy in south western mich and he got it from a guy in Ohio. Just ran it in greenhouse and wish it was in the ground, grew it in a 10gallon pot and it got huge and because of the weather got a nice purple blueish hue to it it. No mould issues at all either.post-35687-0-30508800-1382972255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Riverine45

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 10/28/2013 at 10:27 AM, Riverine45 said:

I have the cut of death star we been growing it for a couple years now and it's absolute fire. Lucky enough to belong to a medical seed collective where can trade genetics and got it from a guy in south western mich and he got it from a guy in Ohio. Just ran it in greenhouse and wish it was in the ground, grew it in a 10gallon pot and it got huge and because of the weather got a nice purple blueish hue to it it. No mould issues at all either.post-35687-0-30508800-1382972255_thumb.jpg

Would you be willing to PM me your Ohio Connection please? I travel down there often. Going there today for a few. I’m shopping for DeathStar seeds. Thanks in advance! Peace.