Reserva Privada Kosher Kush Phenotype Hunt Journal (FANTASTIC PAIN STRAIN!)

Darkmatter

Hello everyone. As a man blessed by wonderful genetics gifted by wonderful people I have felt the need lately to find my own keeper plants by growing from seed. This is the first time I have done this, and after much research I decided on this strain. A friend helped me out and bought the seed pack provided I would give him clones of the winner phenotype.

So here they are all 6 seeds that I got germinated perfectly, and quickly. So far so good! This is gonna be fun!

HPIM7574.jpg

cool cant wait to see em...and back ground info? what makes it kosher? i can look it up if its a hassle

Np man. What I heard was that the strain was a clone only that came from a Rabbi in California. It was originally called "Jew Gold" but they re-named it so as not to appear racist. That is what I heard.

Reserva-Privada_Kosher_kush_actual.jpg

Reserva Privada Kosher Kush Indica Cannabis cup Winner for 2011 Flowering time: 9-10 weeks Yield: 450-550g/ m2 The winner, KOSHER KUSH, is an amazing strain out of California. It is a stinky over the top strain with an average yield making all who smoke it feel "blessed". She grows tall so pinching will help tame her as well as beef up the yields. She is easy to grow for the beginner and a challenge to master for the expert. The Kosher can handle moderate to heavy nutrients and has a great bud to leaf ratio making her easy to trim. Kosher Kush will instantly become your favorite smoke. Any herbalist who tries her wants more....

Edited by Darkmatter

Np man. What I heard was that the strain was a clone only that came from a Rabbi in California. It was originally called "Jew Gold" but they re-named it so as not to appear racist. That is what I heard.

Reserva-Privada_Kosher_kush_actual.jpg

Reserva Privada Kosher Kush Indica Cannabis cup Winner for 2011 Flowering time: 9-10 weeks Yield: 450-550g/ m2 The winner, KOSHER KUSH, is an amazing strain out of California. It is a stinky over the top strain with an average yield making all who smoke it feel "blessed". She grows tall so pinching will help tame her as well as beef up the yields. She is easy to grow for the beginner and a challenge to master for the expert. The Kosher can handle moderate to heavy nutrients and has a great bud to leaf ratio making her easy to trim. Kosher Kush will instantly become your favorite smoke. Any herbalist who tries her wants more....

.....good choice ...looks n sounds super uber...ill be keeping an eye on this ive placed the kosher on the possible might wanna giver her a shot list lol

• 1 month later...

Things got bumpy for a minute my room is new, and I had some temperature issues at first. But everything surrvived with minimal damage...everything except 4/6 of the Kosher Kush seedlings. ...only my 2 biggest survived the heat wave. :blink:

My friends and I re-worked all of my ventilation but we we too late. Such is life. I am still hopeful that one of these phenotypes will be a keeper.

This one is the largest.

HPIM7575.jpg

and here is #2

HPIM7576.jpg

Thank god my heat issues are over for now. I will need a new AC unit before summer however. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in the updates folks. But since solving my heat problems things have been going perfectly, which has had me very busy!

Here is P1 She seems to have a heavy Indica influence, the leaves are getting big!

HPIM7599.jpg

P2 She is starting to come back. I see a more stretchy phenotype here! Reminecint of OG Kush , or Kandy Kush. I am predicting that this one may be the keeper.

HPIM7600-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been moving along smoothly as of late. I am having problems taking a good picture of phenotype 1 as it is now in the flowering room, crammed in a corner. I will get some better pictures when she is in full bloom. She is a stretcher!

Kosher Kush P1 9 days in bloom.

HPIM7605.jpg

HPIM7604.jpg

HPIM7603.jpg

Here is Phenotype 2, she is still in the veg room.

HPIM7607.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lapse in my journal, My PCs motherboard blew out, and getting a new computer is low om my to-get list. So I have to use my smart phone., which I hate.

Phenotype 1 is the most stretchy, leggy plant I have ever grown, she is almost 7 weeks in flower now, and has only just begun to slow down, Lack of room, and anticipation of this left me with a very very large plant. I have to say though despite that, this plant is going to produce some fantastic meds. The aroma is reminiscent of Kandy Kush, OG Kush , even seven weeks in this plant is frosty with a sweet OG smell, I am guessing I have about 2 more weeks to go as the Trichomes are just starting to cloud up.

imagejpeg_2_15.jpg

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

Phenotype 2 went into flower at 6 feet tall. I will get some pics of her soon. I had to leave her in veg way too long, and she would just not stop the vertical climb, no matter how much I topped.

imagejpeg_2_16-1_zps3bfd28af.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Harvest time! This was not a very well written journal, not my finest work, the plants were in a very hard spot to get pictures of, next time I do a journal I will select a different site (perhaps one of the outer buckets) to plant the specimen. My computer is also down so I have to gank my girlfriends laptop to do this.

Phenotype 1

This plant is the stretchiest thing I have ever grown, a real pain in the arse...she tripled in height and did not stop the climb until at least week 6. The yield was fair, however I am going to do a better job vegging her next time, so that should improve.

The smell is outstanding, like lemony OG Kush, super frosty. I tried a bud harvested a week ago and it was delicious! A real keeper! Density is average.

A proper smoke report will be coming soon.

HPIM7615.jpg

KosherP1.jpg

KosherP1Nug.jpg

....Simply :dodgyrun: fantastic!

Phenotype 2:

Still 4 weeks in flower. No discernible difference between the phenotypes, that is one of the reasons I selected this strain every other Kosher Kush journal I have read says the same thing.

S-U-C-C-E-S-S that's the way we spell success!

:drinking-coffee:

This strain is one of the best I have had to date!

Flavor: 10/10 She has a major OG Kush flavor with a hint of lemon, just perfect!

Potency 10/10 Super frosty, and passes the "2 toke test" where even I can feel the effects after 2 hits of a joint.

Yield: 3/10 Low yield, I only got about 4 oz off of one plant, I average 6.

Ease of growing: 6/10, She is very strong, and can take a lot of damage, however she stretches like a nightmare, about tripling in height in flower.

As I write this my hands are on fire, and my neck feels like it is being stabbed by needles all over, this wonder strain is really helping that, I only had to take 1/2 of my normal dose of Percocet this morning and I am still out of bed!

She is a keeper! I just have to play with her a bit to get her to yield. I have some ideas, I will post on the next run.

Thanks for reading folks!

• 1 month later...