About Nine Bills Due For Vote Tomorrow In Lansing

When a bill passes committee, it sits on the floor agenda until it is voted on,... or not.

Did anyone read the "Students Guide to Michigan Government" i had posted?

*shrug*

Seems i remember ol' pb there making fun of the guide, which would have explained it step by step so as to avoid freakouts for no reason.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a bill passes committee, it sits on the floor agenda until it is voted on,... or not.

*shrug*

Seems i remember ol' pb there making fun of the guide, which would have explained it step by step so as to avoid freakouts for no reason.

does the student guide explain the new manner in which they pass bills? the Rachel madow (?)method...well the one she outed. you know how they just push bills through....

*shrug*

Please fill us in on what to expect next.

does the student guide explain the new manner in which they pass bills? the Rachel madow (?)method...well the one she outed. you know how they just push bills through....

The guide covers how bills are passed. Rachell maddow covered the issue of "immediate effect" which has been being abused where the law goes into immediate effect. That is not a new way to pass a bill but a way to expedite an agenda to take effect. It takes place after the bill is passed.

Anyhow, all bills should be opposed. I would say all the bills that originated in the Senate are dead. Anything can happen, but the likelihood is they are dead. Beware of lame duck.

The 4 bills that have always had legs are the 4 bills that came out of the house. HB 4834, 4851, 4853 and 4856.

Each bill must be read 3 times on the floor(read guide for time frame) so even if you miss the first one, it still has to be read again. At any point in that process amendments can be made and votes can be whipped for opposition.

And yes, all bills are still on the agenda. They will move forward by the behest of the Senate leader.

As a community, we have yet to miss a vote or a reading, so be vigilant, but not overreactive.

Take time to understand the process.

Yea. Really I didn't see anyone freaking out in here. We just want to be on top of things when they can happen,cause it could have happened today

:zoro:

They may have been messing with the link to prevent us from finding out what was taking place.

There is no time left. CALL THEM NOW.

These bills will not have to get the governors signature. They will take effect the moment the last vote is taken.

If the past is any indicator, they will be administered harshly and quickly.

That means, in some cases, arrests taking place the very same day.

THERE WILL BE NO PAUSE TO WAIT FOR THE GOVERNORS SIGNATURE.

It has the cannabis part in it at the dispensary.

Why would that matter to you?

When someone says something that doesn't make sense then I wonder about their motive. You constantly bill your oil as being cannabis free and claim that is does the same things as cannabis oil. Then you say here that it is available free of charge to any registered patient. That didn't add up. Why would you need to be a registered mm pt to get cannabis-free oil? Therefore I asked. Now I know. Simple as that. Now it makes me wonder why you are being so defensive though . . .