About Nine Bills Due For Vote Tomorrow In Lansing

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love SB377. The whole reason that I am going to let my card lapse. No way do I want the Police to have my patient info, unless they NEED it. Definitely not on a routine traffic stop. Tell me if I am chicken little, but I think not.

I let my card relapse too. People said I'm crazy but I feel safer not having a card period. My medicine is not worth my freedom.

The bills probably are not going to a vote until "Lame duck". This could be good or it could be bad. At the end of the day tho everything but 4834 is guaranteed to pass, hopefully we can influence changes before then. 4834 is still also a longshot at stopping.

""I let my card relapse too. People said I'm crazy but I feel safer not having a card period. My medicine is not worth my freedom. ""

Medicine is worth fighting for, the quality of life for a patient is so important to me. I have seen lives of patients improved by MM, and I want it available to me and my loved ones at that time too. Without your medicine, you are not free. And without people to support the movement, many others risk losing this freedom too.

So no card? what exactly are you? non-smoker to stay legal? I know for sure, you would not be attending any club events for cardholders, and pity the patient or CG that gets caught dealing with you. You know you need the card to get the full protection (the doctor's rec is only examined during court proceedings, the card can prevent you from going to court in the first place.)

If you do not intend to renew your legal status as a patient, what is your goal here?

some of the bills will be passed, it does not change the MMMAct. As far as the doctor-patient relationship - I am ahead of that game, I made the doc who signed my rec my PCP.

Photo ID - fine, who cares. Registry shared with LEO, fine - I follow the MMMAct to the letter, as long as LEO follows the rules, we are fine.

Perhaps with the bills, cities might not create their own ordinances against MMMA - which are pretty restrictive - "no organizations or clubs for which the purpose is to use or acquire marijuana" - I think we can let them win some so we can focus on the real change - allowing clubs in cities. If we can trade photo ids for relaxing city ordinances against clubs, growers - then we are making progress.

As long as they don't re-open the MMMAct I am cool for the most part.

some of the bills will be passed, it does not change the MMMAct. As far as the doctor-patient relationship - I am ahead of that game, I made the doc who signed my rec my PCP.

Photo ID - fine, who cares. Registry shared with LEO, fine - I follow the MMMAct to the letter, as long as LEO follows the rules, we are fine.

Perhaps with the bills, cities might not create their own ordinances against MMMA - which are pretty restrictive - "no organizations or clubs for which the purpose is to use or acquire marijuana" - I think we can let them win some so we can focus on the real change - allowing clubs in cities. If we can trade photo ids for relaxing city ordinances against clubs, growers - then we are making progress.

As long as they don't re-open the MMMAct I am cool for the most part.

Not one single person has been arrested under 6 h of the law. Not one.

One of these proposed laws justifies this. It eliminates the criminal penalties for officials for disclosing our records.

It covers up the criminal activities of officials.

I asked Tim last night when caregivers would start to be arrested. Those with felonies that aren't drug related.

I believe there are areas where lists are already made. They are just waiting for the final vote.

Someone with such a charge on their records will be a law abiding citizen one moment and an active felon the next. Their first official warning is likely to come in the form of an arrest warrant.

I asked Tim last night when caregivers would start to be arrested. Those with felonies that aren't drug related.

I believe there are areas where lists are already made. They are just waiting for the final vote.

Someone with such a charge on their records will be a law abiding citizen one moment and an active felon the next. Their first official warning is likely to come in the form of an arrest warrant.

BS again.

I have already been through the process of this felony acusation myself. They give you time to get out of the way, 30 days. They don't come with a warrant for your arrest. You get a certified letter from LARA.

Edited by Restorium2

BS again.

I have already been through the process of this felony acusation myself. They give you time to get out of the way, 30 days. They don't come with a warrant for your arrest. You get a certified letter from LARA.

Please .. when has the state complied with this law? Since they break it all the time, why should this time be any different?

Oh yes .. can you provide ANY link to support what you claim?

Edited by peanutbutter

Please .. when has the state complied with this law? Since they break it all the time, why should this time be any different?

Oh yes .. can you provide ANY link to support what you claim?

I did. I made a whole thread on it. With pictures of the docs. Right here on this site, real time, as it happened. Where were you?

They sent me a certified letter that said I had 30 days to comply if I didn't prove, somehow, that the felony was a mistake. That's real info, not a guess that scares people like what you posted.

I also have heard from a close contact that several other caregivers were sent that same, or very similar, letters. So you have a first hand accounting, with secondary back up sources.

Sure am glad I can trust that great legal advise.

I have nothing to worry about. I will be notified if something that changed will require me to change something. And that they will give me 30 days to fix it.

Did I get that correct? This is what can be expected statewide?

Don't forget, full access to the registry for nearly anyone. That includes law enforcement.

Does this kind of advise help keep patients and caregivers safe?

Edited by peanutbutter

Sure am glad I can trust that great legal advise.

I have nothing to worry about. I will be notified if something that changed will require me to change something. And that they will give me 30 days to fix it.

Did I get that correct? This is what can be expected statewide?

Don't forget, full access to the registry for nearly anyone. That includes law enforcement.

What I'm saying clearly is that LARA has a form letter for the situation in which it comes to their attention of a possible/probable felony on your record that would disqualify you from being a caregiver. I have been sent the form letter and I know that others have also been sent this letter. If you would like to see another picture of it I can do that. They even give you suggestions about how to procede. The letter comes certified mail.

Besides, that little (everyone has access to the registry) is not accurate either. There is still probable cause at play. The registry will still require a special request thru LEIN. If an officer pulls you over, you are clean, no smell, no reason at all to suspect you of anything comes back to your car and asks about your MJ card he/she will have broken the law. That is not to say there will not be some abuses, there will be and that is a terrible truth. But most cops really do not care, they do not lay awake at night salivating about busting MJ cardholders.

Also in the event they do run a name it is logged and all it gives them is person is a valid cardholder or is not. That might not even be that bad if say a neighbor saw you toking in the back yard and decided to be a DK and call LEO on you. They run your name and see you are a cardholder and go on to other things instead of creating a big scene at your house.

PB, your fear mongering is disgusting. If the bills were to somehow pass as they are right now (unlikely) I am still going to be a Pt/CG. I am not stopping over these bills. Two year cards will be nice too.

Edited by SFC

HOW can you folks guarantee arrests will not start the moment these laws pass?

Why would LARA veer away from the path they have been on with this activity? When they see that you may have something on your record to disqualify you they send a letter. They could totally change what they have been doing, of course. Like any train could fly off the track at any moment. But we know where the tracks lead and the train usually stays on the tracks. Henny Penny said the sky was falling but we all knew the sky usually doesn't fall because no one has gotten a chunk of sky on their head yet. No guarantee, but the sky will, most likely, not fall. LARA will keep sending out letters when they decide your record is in question.

Why would LARA veer away from the path they have been on with this activity? When they see that you may have something on your record to disqualify you they send a letter. They could totally change what they have been doing, of course. Like any train could fly off the track at any moment. But we know where the tracks lead and the train usually stays on the tracks. Henny Penny said the sky was falling but we all knew the sky usually doesn't fall because no one has gotten a chunk of sky on their head yet. No guarantee, but the sky will, most likely, not fall. LARA will keep sending out letters when they decide your record is in question.

So you are a strong advocate for "ignore it, they wont arrest you. So ignore it."

Where did all the concern for patients and caregivers go? Making sure people are not in danger of being arrested?

Yup. And if they do dump on you right away, I will provide a copy of the letter that has normally been going out, so the judge will see that they went off the tracks and didn't follow their normal course of business. That's how you deal with this smartly.

And how much are the lawyer fees going to be?

As you asked me about tossing caution to the wind?

Edited by peanutbutter