Patient Rant

stopmypain

So I recently lost my caregiver. I had the same caregiver for a few years, I have M.S. and have had some memory issues. MY "caregiver" dropped me after we both lost track of my renew date, and was expired for a little bit. My "caregiver" Put all the blame on me and dropped me. He also has a card and if i'm not wrong has to have his paperwork together for all his grows. To make it even worse he barred my from the local dispensary that he co-owns. I'm now with no means to grow my own and no caregiver. I know that this falls back on me but shouldn't he take some of the responsibility? I'm confused and lost, in pain with no hope of finding help....

So I recently lost my caregiver. I had the same caregiver for a few years, I have M.S. and have had some memory issues. MY "caregiver" dropped me after we both lost track of my renew date, and was expired for a little bit. My "caregiver" Put all the blame on me and dropped me. He also has a card and if i'm not wrong has to have his paperwork together for all his grows. To make it even worse he barred my from the local dispensary that he co-owns. I'm now with no means to grow my own and no caregiver. I know that this falls back on me but shouldn't he take some of the responsibility? I'm confused and lost, in pain with no hope of finding help....

I don't see how this question can be seen as the O P dumping on or blaming anyone .

yea i hear ya bob! we realy shouldnt dump on him, I appoligize, but I have to tell you, I would know when my pt's card expires, because i do all the paper work, we got ours almost 3 wks before last yrs expires, im sitting on my c.g card for 2013 and my old one didnt expire till oct 1, me and pt got em on same day,(we live together) but I know if i had another pt, I would most def know when they expire to cover my own donkey, i realy dont feel comfortable growing on paper work, lets hope the delays are over and every one gets their cars within the 21 days of check cashed, they actualy did the card the day after check cashed this yr, instead of 4 months with a card we almost got 13 months this yr!

is the despense you speak of in oakland couty? if so wow brass cahoneys on them!

Peace

Jim

Is it the CGS responsibility to remind a Signed Pt his renewal is coming up? Ofcourse not.

Is it in his best interest, as well as his Patients to do so? dam (hate this word filter) Straight it is.

As a CG, I would certainly be following my Patients renewals, especially if I am growing their plants to supply their medicine. Is it not a CG's responsibility look out for the Best Interest of the Patient, and the use of Medical cannabis? shouldnt that perhaps include the Minimal need of atleast monitoring the thing that keeps one a CG and Legally Compliant?

Oh, who am I kidding, that is just TOO Much responsibility to Bare.

So maybe some of the confusion can be cleared up with a simple question?

If your a CG, and have Assigned Pts, Whos interest is More important? the CGs or the PTs?

just remember the first unwritten rule of the MMM Act:

1. No Patients

2. no anything else including CGs. Assigned or otherwise.

Edited by Timmahh

Does the drug store call you when your prescriptions are up and you need to see the doctor to get them renewed?

Matter of fact, there are many that do this as a service.

Is it the CGS responsibility to remind a Signed Pt his renewal is coming up? Ofcourse not.

Is it in his best interest, as well as his Patients to do so? dam (hate this word filter) Straight it is.

Agreed.

What is the true meaning of 'Caregiver' then?

The OP has stated that they have M.S. & has memory issues.

Is the CG aware of said memory issues?

It was also stated that BOTH let the renewal lapse.

So, the 'Caregiver' dumps said very sick patient and blames

them solely?

Where is the compassion from this membership?

:huh::o:watching:

Don't bother blaming anyone, just correct the situation and get on with it.

Coincidentally, I as a Caregiver handle all administrative details, I keep a tickler in my suspense files that comes up 60 days before patient renewal is due. I then notify my patient and we complete renewal paper work together I also take the responsibility to get my patients to the doctor.

it all comes down to how gov snyder illegally moved the registry into lara.

with the cards and the expiration date on the cards.

people with chronic pain, aids, ms, glaucoma dont just get better. they have those things for life. why should they have to renew each year and tinkle down that money?

Thanks for all the responses, I know that it is ultimately my responsibity, but My caregiver knew I have alot of problems with my memory and I would need some help "remembering". I have several lesions on my brain that makes remembering even the smallest things a challenge. But thank you everyone for all of your responses.

Thanks for all the responses, I know that it is ultimately my responsibity, but My caregiver knew I have alot of problems with my memory and I would need some help "remembering". I have several lesions on my brain that makes remembering even the smallest things a challenge. But thank you everyone for all of your responses.

I am glad to see that despite having memory problems you realize it is up to you to try to take care of yourself. With that in mind why not utilize some sort of program on your computer to remind you of when you have things to do. That way you can supplement your memory with your computer, of course you could get a calender and write stuff down. Just get in the habit of checking and you will see some of your problems go away.

As to the caregiver having responsibility for the patients memory sorry but I disagree. Unless the cg was asked and agreed to do this then it is on the patient. Get a new card, get a new cg when you get things straightened out discuss this with the former cg for access to his dispensary. Best of luck.

Edited by mrd

• 2 months later...

Truth is it takes 2.... Sounds like you were either too pumped up on man made meds and he no longer cared. Is simple and am sorry to hear you could not make it work. Try Again! bunny muffin buy a light and grow it your self it is very simple if you just want a bit for you.

If you need help with growing own continue thread...if you wish to find another caregiver well just remember what happened here.

FYI.... I would not take on a caregiver that is in the bed with selling meds at his shop...You are nothing unless he is a friend or family... just meat.