Can I Grow At My Parents House?

I currently live in a apartment and have all the things i need to have a good grow op to supply myself. i really dont want to do it here becuase i know i would void my lease if i were to do so. my parents are willing to let me grow in my old room at there house. not far from here. i am looking every where and cant find a straight answer. would it be ok for me to grow there? in a locked room only i have access to. i know if i made them my caregiver that would work but would they have to pay to be patient as well to be a caregiver? or can i just sign them up as care givers without them being patients them selfs? sorry if this is on here somewhere i just cant find it i have been looking all day and i wanna get this rolling asap please someone tell me how the law works in this aspect thank you in advance.

Danger

you can grow there w/o them being your c.g! go to an office supply store and get blank leases, have them make you a lease and lock it up tight, put a secret key some where that only they know where it is , in case of an emergency, flood, fire etc, if any thing ever happens they cant tell leo they know where a key is!

The down fall of making them your c,g is if the changes take place as written if they become your c.g you may not be allowed in the room some time in the near future, you can have a p.o box for your adress as a pt or c.g, Just put your lease on the door, a no trespassing sign lock it and go about your biz! It is legal to grow in another place other than your physical address, If ya cant find a blank lease pm me I will send you one!

Hope this helps!

Peace

Jim

My above answer was suppose to cover both scenarios

1. If your the cardholder and posses plants you can grow anywhere you want as long as only you have access to the plants and they are secured in a lock enclosure .

2. If you assign your parents they do not need patient cards you just need to sign on with them then Lansing sends them their caregiver cards.

first off thank you guys for your very helpfull info!! i do need some more help tho. I am looking all over the interent for the legal documention about where you can legally grow our medication. i can not find it. does anyone know where i can find the law all spelled out for me? i will sift through it and find what i need. i would like to find it becuase my mother would like to see this on a goverment webpage stating that her donkey is covered. no body that lives in the house is a patient but the room with the marijuana grow is locked and sealed only for me. i understand i am to display my card in my grow room incase anything were to happen. but i would just like some other kind of documention showing my mother that my medication can be grown here. also on the medical card does the place you are growing have to be on there? sorry for all the hassle just trying to cover all my lose ends and keep my family feeling safe.

Thanks DanGer

Dan -

On the application the address is listed as "Mailing Address" -

Section A: APPLICANT/PATIENT INFORMATION: (REQUIRED)

NAME (First, M.I., Last)  Male

 Female

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER DATE OF BIRTH

- - / /

MAILING ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER

( )

CITY STATE ZIP CODE ALTERNATE PHONE NUMBER

MI ( )

Photo Identification: A clear photocopy of one of the following must be attached. Please check appropriate box:

 MI Driver’s License or MI ID Card #______________________________________  Other__________________________

Section B: PRIMARY CAREGIVER: (IF APPLICABLE)

NAME (First, M.I., Last)  Male

 Female

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER DATE OF BIRTH

- - / /

MAILING ADDRESS TELEPHONE NUMBER

( )

CITY STATE ZIP CODE ALTERNATE PHONE NUMBER

MI

________

Lawyers have told us that we do not have to grow at the mailing address.

In the law itself is states the location as - "kept in an enclosed, locked facility"

The law also says people in the vicinity of the grow cannot be punished for helping you.

"(h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

-

You might check for a local club in your area - sometimes they have a lawyer on site or come as a speaker. At the club, your parents can also see what other patients and caregivers are doing.

Edited by The Digital Nomad

I think that is one of their little catches...... If your homeless you can get a card and don't need an address BUTTTTT since we do not have a place to send you the card we won't be able to send a card.......

Same as....... The card will protect you from arrest AS LONG AS you don't get arrested......

All dramatization of course but how far from the truth is it really ?????

I think that is one of their little catches...... If your homeless you can get a card and don't need an address BUTTTTT since we do not have a place to send you the card we won't be able to send a card.......

Same as....... The card will protect you from arrest AS LONG AS you don't get arrested......

All dramatization of course but how far from the truth is it really ?????

Well ozz i have to give ya that one, yea if they dont have a home, that means they would have to use it in public and I dont think to many homeless poeple have p.o boxes!

but we do have a new type of homeless people out there, the ones that lost there house when the market slid and they raised their interest rates so high they couldnt afford their homes any longer, I guess all I can say is,,,,there but the grace of god go I!

Peace

Jim