Rally In Michigan For Medical Cannabis Solidarity On September 20Th? Will You Be There?

The following is provided by ASA (Americans for Safe Access):

Medical marijuana patients and activists from around the country will be rallying this Thursday, September 20th at their local Obama for America offices. By coming together in solidarity across the nation, we hope to show the President and the country that medical cannabis is an issue that matters to over 1 million patients (plus their family and friends).

We're asking advocates to gather around 5pm locally at their local OfA offices with signs that say "I'm a patient AND a voter" (see image below) or "Obama keep your promises".

We’ve also created template fliers (see image below) and posters to help get the word out.

In addition, there will also be an organizers call on Tuesday the 18th (5:30 pm PST) to go over last minute details of the event.

We've had some great responses from organizers in Arizona, California, Washington, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri, DC, and many more states. Come out for just an hour and show your support for medical cannabis with activists from all over the nation!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions …

Yours Truly,

Counselor Hunter

P.S. If you haven't already, there's still time to join other advocates at Camp WakeUpObama! Signup is free and It's a great way to have your voice heard!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That word really burns my a s s .......They imply that caregivers meds aren't safe.....HJ

maybe they emphasize access in the 'safe access'.

some caregivers arent reliable all of the time.

or if a caregiver goes to hospital/vacation, where are you going to get your meds from?

not saying dispensaries are the answer of course.

i'm not a fan of dispensaries. especially ones run by people who dont care about quality.

Kinda hard to get a pothead up off his or her's dead a.s.s.

We've been getting a lot of messages, here, that we are supposed to be quiet and never complain about the leftover crumbs the government has been gracious enough to allow us to keep.

"Lick the boot that kicks you" kind of talk.

How about that? People being educated to NOT show up for things like trials.

I see how that works.

ASA is for dispensaries, period. So is MACC. NORML has been pushing the dispensary model also lately.

Don't forget MPP .. They expected dispensaries to be added to our law later. It was in the proposed law to begin with, then removed from the final draft.

Which groups are actively preventing, or working against, dispensaries?

We've been getting a lot of messages, here, that we are supposed to be quiet and never complain about the leftover crumbs the government has been gracious enough to allow us to keep.

"Lick the boot that kicks you" kind of talk.

How about that? People being educated to NOT show up for things like trials.

I see how that works.

BS The dispensary owners, and their mouth pieces, say that what I grow for myself is garbage. Period. Why would I stand with them? They are attacking me. It's not as complicated as you make it out to be. If you want to call that 'educating' then, yes, people are being educated here about real words and actions from the attackers. Why would I help them on the road to Arizona Law where if they set up a pot store within 25 miles of me I have to stop growing my own? Their chops are dripping with druel when they think about this end game they all strive for. I'm not going to lick the boots that are kicking me regularly. That's not the government, peanutbutter, the dispensaries are the ones wearing the boots, and I'm not the one licking them.

BS The dispensary owners, and their mouth pieces, say that what I grow for myself is garbage. Period. Why would I stand with them? They are attacking me. It's not as complicated as you make it out to be. If you want to call that 'educating' then, yes, people are being educated here about real words and actions from the attackers. Why would I help them on the road to Arizona Law where if they set up a pot store within 25 miles of me I have to stop growing my own? Their chops are dripping with druel when they think about this end game they all strive for. I'm not going to lick the boots that are kicking me regularly. That's not the government, peanutbutter, the dispensaries are the ones wearing the boots, and I'm not the one licking them.

OK .. so what group do you represent?

Don't forget MPP .. They expected dispensaries to be added to our law later. It was in the proposed law to begin with, then removed from the final draft. Which groups are actively preventing, or working against, dispensaries?

BS again.

Dispensary wording was never in the Michigan draft. You are telling stories again. It was purposely NOT in there after MMP lost the previous battle in another state. Because they knew they couldn't get a majority of the people of Michigan to vote in an Act with pot stores in it. Come on man, you remember back then don't you? Dispensaries were the BUTT of any medical cannabis law. They were under the bus the whole campaign. Just to get the Act to pass. And it WORKED.

There are several folks posting the same kind of thing at the same time .. What group is actively working this angle? Do you have a name? Do you want to hide the group?

The Group is called;

Patients speaking independantly after paying very close attention to all the details since the very beginning of medical cannabis here in Michigan. Independant thinkers reaching the same conclusions at the same time. So much so that they seem like a group, or a band making music. BOOM, that is powerful.

The Group is called;

Patients speaking independantly after paying very close attention to all the details since the very beginning of medical cannabis here in Michigan. Independant thinkers reaching the same conclusions at the same time. So much so that they seem like a group, or a band making music. BOOM, that is powerful.

I call BS.

This site WAS known for its activism.

Now its not.

How did that happen?

We've been gutted.

Edited by peanutbutter