Judge Tells Me She Doesn't Have To Care About My Card

lpnprovider_420

I hate to agree, you were given the right by 63% of the voters in this Great State to do what you do, but, your family is most important, save the good fight for a better venue. May be you can write letters to your leaders or something now that you have a subject near and dear to you!

Keep your family and forget about the judge who clearly doesn't deserve her job, it's not worth it.

on the other hand, Is he being a more responsible parent to allow this type of conduct to be passed down to his children? Or to stand up, not for his rights, but for the rights of his children when they become parents...

One thing is for sure, until your arse is in those shoes, its all speculation on what is the best path forward for the Op and his children, and their futures.

I'll say this: you have one hell of a choice. To many, going on opioids is not a choice.

lets look at this, Isnt he getting custody because of his wifes issue with addiction to prescription medications? but the Judge here basically says No you cant have your kids because you use natural medicine called cannabis and you can not have your kids unless you stop using this healthy medicine, and you start using addiction creating prescription medications.

Time comes for every parent to put a line in the sand where protection of their children are concerned. but Does he do more for his kids becoming a slave to the pill?

on the other hand, Is he being a more responsible parent to allow this type of conduct to be passed down to his children? Or to stand up, not for his rights, but for the rights of his children when they become parents...

One thing is for sure, until your arse is in those shoes, its all speculation on what is the best path forward for the Op and his children, and their futures.

I'll say this: you have one hell of a choice. To many, going on opioids is not a choice.

lets look at this, Isnt he getting custody because of his wifes issue with addiction to prescription medications? but the Judge here basically says No you cant have your kids because you use natural medicine called cannabis and you can not have your kids unless you stop using this healthy medicine, and you start using addiction creating prescription medications.

Time comes for every parent to put a line in the sand where protection of their children are concerned. but Does he do more for his kids becoming a slave to the pill?

That is a tough question for sure.... And I do agree that none of us know what to do in that situation unless we have been there. People can give their opinion ,as I also have, but the true answer only lies in the op's heart. I for one would not risk anything , right or wrong, but the question would still arise if I was doing the right thing. I believe sometimes you have to put your own situation ahead of what would be best for the movement,justice, etc etc etc.....

A very real question none the less.....

It is truly sad that this choice even has to be made....

Edited by ozzrokk

very true Ozz. But it is a very valid and important question for all of us to ask ourselves.

Do we protect our children for the moment or for their lifetime. In a situation like this one here, its a two sworded question. But if he can be denied making a personal medical choice, that certainly impacts the well being of his children, then if he doesn't stand up against this, is he passing down the option of that same decision to be put on his children later in life?

what if this was a question of Xanax due to Bi Polar? very much the same question can be asked. Especially if Xanax happens to make this person less likely to have issues, but a judge says he cant, because he believes he is abusing it. Where would you fall then in terms of is it ok or not for a Judge to make Medical Decisions.

That is the real bottom line here, Does a Judge have the Authority to make a medical decision from the bench?...

But it is, so what is the best way to change it? Thats what needs to be figured out. However the OP chooses to move forward, hes got a tough choice, and I support it. But discussing this situation can maybe lead to a good solution.

Perhaps try a P.I. addressing this issue. We need to be Active to Activate change.

• 4 weeks later...

1- You are male. The courts will do everything in their power to put the kids with the female. Friend of the Court is not male friendly at all. I know this first hand (long story).

2- Drugs are a big no no. If you REALLY want your kids, the pot has to go. Get a hair test on your own dime and it better be negative.

3- Get a lawyer and prepare to spend big bucks. I have spent over $100,000 in the past 6 years on attorney fees alone. However, my case mow spans 3 states, so it isn't typical.

Bottom line is how much are you willing to do and spend to have your kids. And be prepared to fight for them again if your ex ever cleans up her act and tries to come after them. Good luck and God bless.

I'm ashamed this person even has to ask if this is legal or not.... its your kids..... stop ! if you have a good reason to be doing it.... then get a lawyer and he will do the rest.... sorry folks alot of people have card for a moo poo reasons...... But proof is proof ! is she an alcoholic? your word doesnt convince me........

• 2 months later...

As a parent this is a no brainer. This is EASY!

You have a criminal holding a gun to your head and threatening to take away your children unless you give up one of your rights. You cannot report the criminal or overpower them. There is only one possible response.

GIVE THE CRIMINAL WHAT HE WANTS AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY WITH YOUR CHILD IN YOUR ARMS.