Protestors Want The Mma Changed.

when a hippie gets cancer do they issue a suit? when a young man finds out he has hiv do they give him a nice suit to wear? the infighting is never ending here, why hate the enemy when we can spend all out time hating ourselves.

Like I said before my friend division is the tool of those with nothing better to say or do.

They thrive on the drama, clearly stating in an indirect way. Pay attention to me! So I ask does that make them any better then those they are holding out as examples??

Ummm I think not.

Personally I try not to judge a person by what they wear. I tend to look at the contents of their hearts and the steadfastness of the convictions. Their spiritual aura always shines through.

Not all of us are blessed with good fortune and are able to buy a decent pair of pants. If I know for a fact that one of my brothers or sisters are in need of something and I can provide it in loving manner I will. mind you I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, matter of fact it was stainless steel plated. And I thank God I had that much.

Some people are blessed with an abundance, and I am glad they have a means to do for themselves and others if they so choose.

To those folks I say thank you for the kindness that you express in your giving.

Got nothing but Respect for you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the divisive one GW. The sooner they send your troublemaking keister packing the better.

SFC for the most part I have noted on several occasions you like to jump into a productive post and start bunny muffin.

Time to grow up man it's getting late in the day and I have this feeling you are not an uninformed person. just one that likes to ride the fence. Nothing risked nothing gained man. My challenge to you is this try submitting positive input into posts, you might find that people will start liking you and respecting what you have to contribute.

Edited by Fat Freddy

Personally I try not to judge a person by what they wear .... neither do i ,, But Rick Jones does,, so you go to the capital make a bad impression of cannabis patients ... Did you change the mind of rick jones no you just gave him the ammo he needed, to flower us over ,,, Miss High times speaking how nice,, and again thanks,,

Edited by cristinew

Personally I try not to judge a person by what they wear .... neither do i ,, But Rick Jones does,, so you go to the capital make a bad impression of cannabis patients ... Did you change the mind of rick jones no you just gave him the ammo he needed, to flower us over ,,, Miss High times speaking how nice,, and again thanks,,

We all know what Rick Jones's agenda is: a return total prohibition. No matter what or how we present ourselves he will find fault or fabricate it as needed.

So let that self righteous, high minded, man find the hand of God upon his shoulder. God has a way to humble the proud!

Ammo he needs pifft if that is all he has it just shows his disdain for our basic right to self expression. The U.S. Sct has made it clear that the way a person is dressed is a form of the FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!! So imho he only shows that he is ageist the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the American people as a whole.

I wounder how long he could stand national coverage that illustrates his desire to inhibit the peoples rights to self expression?

Listen to yourselves... So sick people with a card have a dress code now ? Gotta wear a suit to get medicated? hey whatever, I'd do it, but the bottom line: we dont have to, we're American Citizens. A product of our environment. That's who we are: tennis shoes, baseball hats, t-shirts, shorts, shades ....

Maybe we could afford some better clothes if we wasn't throwing a franklin in the gas tank every week. Plus $500 mo for health insurance. Car ins., house ins., life ins? yeah right. PCP, VAP, MMMJP License plates, Drivers License, Mj License, dogs license. So much for freedom ... what happened ? wtf ...

solabeirtan, I never said anything about a suite, I said dress like the average joe! jeans and a t-shirt is kewl, no ,,,no dress code,,I truly dont care what people wear on a daily basis, nor their religion, job, or not, ssdi, ssi, or just a pt who can still work ( i wish I fell under that categorie) I wouldnt wear a suite, in fact, I only have a nice casual jacket I actualy got from my grand pa when he passed, Thank my higher power it is still in style and goes realy well with jeans and a white t-shirt! But I wouldnt wear even that to a ralley at the capital, I truly may wear that if I was at a pt or c.g's court cases, because im going in, and im picketing outside before! Been there, didnt wear a suit coat, but I dressed like most people driving by seeing us protest, and most in the court room who were not mm supporters, or at least were not on that day!

I did not make up the judge a book by the cover rule! But many a times, Im glad i got passed the first encounter with a whole lot of people, or we would not be friends now, and I dont mean just me, I prob dont make a good 1st impression :yahoo-wave:

well I know I dont on here, But in real Life, I know I do make a very good 1st impression, my carreer depended on me selling my work and me to the customers, you have to earn trust the 1st meating, because there was not a 2nd if I failed the 1st! ( my career was builder,drywaller,painter, and anything to do with a home or building)

As a pt/cg I truly like the fact that im legal (supposedly) it is more than i ever expected in my life time! Im realy not the enemy, I most definatly will state my Opinion! It dont mean I am Right or You are Right! It means it is my Opinion, and obviously some people feel Like I do, and some people feel Like You do! all good in my book, It is called and open forum right?

I have never ever had a prob with you! and I dont plan on ever having one with you! :bong2:

Peace to You and Yours!

Jim

oh what a crock....no one gave penis jones any ammo... the fed government did.... your knight on the mule obamma has been feeding him ammo for the last 4 years. nothing will change the mind of penis jones, not a thousand calls not a thousand cancer pts in cheap suits..... nope not gonna do it. now a lil unity in this movement, that just might do it.

oh what a crock....no one gave penis jones any ammo... the fed government did.... your knight on the mule obamma has been feeding him ammo for the last 4 years. nothing will change the mind of penis jones, not a thousand calls not a thousand cancer pts in cheap suits..... nope not gonna do it. now a lil unity in this movement, that just might do it.

Divisive. You prescribe unity yet you slice it's throat. We certainly can't unite around this swill. Why do you post here? Seriously. Think about why you do and produce some well thought out words to further your cause. Words that you can be proud of. Then post them. It must be very painful when you think back on your recent posts and what you laid out there for others to read and think about who you are. Just painful. Ouch. Post one awesome post at a time and enjoy the pride you will feel when you think back on them. You will respect yourself a lot more once you do. Then we can unite around what you write, instead of feeling your pain and shame when we read your posts. They are straight up painful to read. Your message is full of pain and hate.

FF you have not been following my threads. Is that what you consider a "Smack down" Freddy? Lmao!

Good to see that you are at least looking at other sites. Oh trust me SFC I have seen the days when you shine like a super nova.

Then you have your off days like anyone else can, myself included. My point in all of my postings is simply this:

If you do not like an ideal please feel free to express your disagreement in a manner that does not turn into personal attacks. And if at all possible suggest what you would consider to be a better way. And please speak from personal experience. For instance: some well meaning folks here have spoken their opinions based on what they read and not from first hand experience. Once I got an understanding of the issue i.e. NO one cared for the way the news media covered the rally.I realized

as stated previously we need to address this issue with those writers. Not with those of us that fighting these battles.

IF Rick Jones wants to demean someone for the way they dress or the way they choose to express themselves so be it.

To me it only re enforces my thoughts that he cares not for defending our Constitution or the rights of the people.

All his actions say to me is he would have us all in a state mandated uniform and marching to his drum beat. His statements and actions illustrate an inner child that longs

to be the man in charge. And Bill Shuette sees that and plays him like a harp. Obviously neither of these men have much empathy for their fellow man, for that matter there seems to be a lack of sympathy for the disabled, the sick and the dying entirely.

Marijuana has been with our modern society for over 70 years. It has not shown it's self as the end of the world plant it is often portrayed as. My mother ( bless her heart ) is 78 years old and she has seen other family members become addicted to opiates. Often she states that she wishs that they would take up medical marijuana to deal with their pain issues. She is aware that I am a medical marijuana patient. She knows that I use it in the privacy of my home. Guess what... She approves of my use. She has seen me when I am having really bad bouts with pain both before I use and after. So she has seen it's effect first hand. She is a God fearing woman, never drank, never smoked.

and she hates what drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth does to people. She worked in hospitals for dang near 30 years. So she has seen a lot.

So I ask you will you can we find a way to work in a cohesive manner? Can we find a way to unite our efforts?

I sincerely hope that you and others here realize that unity is what they fear in the capital. Fragmented groups are easy targets, this is why they like to put the labels " dirty smelly hippies" on us. Or demean someone for the way they choose to express themselves. I am sorry I am not a Bill Shuette or Rick Jones clone.

In all honesty I am disappointed in Bill Shuette, he is not the man I thought I was electing when I cast my vote for him. Needless to say he will not get my vote again!

Time is getting short my friends we must gather our masses now and with a shout tell them " We are not going to take it anymore!!!

Personally the rallies are the one time of the year I can see old friends and make new ones. I do not have the resources to travel the state and visit them.

After working since the age 15 I barely have a pot to wiz in, but you know what I am grateful for what I do have. No one was barred from the rally, that would have been something that Rick Jones would like us to do... diminish the rights of our fellow Americans. I am of the mind that there is a few fine speakers here on this site.

Statements have been made that our message is lost in the process of the rally. Well no one said those well informed and articulate individuals could not take the podium and speak for us.. IDk what is stopping them, peer pressure?? a lack of conviction for our cause?? The misconception that we all should be wearing suits and ties?

Seriously? Not all of us can afford to dress in such a manner. Example: You recall that storm that rolled up through the keys and up near New Orleans?

Well I like many felt that storm for almost a month, I was confined to my chair by the high levels of pain running up and down my legs like they were the indy 500.

It truly sucked man. So can we all find ways to overcome the personal obstacles to our progress as a whole?

Please??

Freddy;

Personally the rallies are the one time of the year I can see old friends and make new ones.

Then have a PARTY, not a protest that looks like a party. It IS that simple. We just don't like your party being our face. We don't all roll the same way and a lot of us feel we are being grossly misrepresented by your public parties called rallies.

Divisive. You prescribe unity yet you slice it's throat. We certainly can't unite around this swill. Why do you post here? Seriously. Think about why you do and produce some well thought out words to further your cause. Words that you can be proud of. Then post them. It must be very painful when you think back on your recent posts and what you laid out there for others to read and think about who you are. Just painful. Ouch. Post one awesome post at a time and enjoy the pride you will feel when you think back on them. You will respect yourself a lot more once you do. Then we can unite around what you write, instead of feeling your pain and shame when we read your posts. They are straight up painful to read. Your message is full of pain and hate.

After reading both posts I am I am with you on this one Rest. GW I too think the fed whispers in our AG's ear offering a nice shiny post somewhere within the fed gov structure.

But in all reality I think the prez has more important things to do other then worry about medical marijuana users in this country. So ahh if I may point out that the tone of your post suggests a dislike for African American people. I got news for you brother, they helped build this country from the very beginning. Although it was not by choice that they did so.

Which brings me to something that has been tumbling around in my mind, I noted that there was a clear lack of African American representation at the rally.

To put it into street language, The rally is not just a white folk thing! If you are a patient or a caregiver come join us. You will be welcomed with open arms.

Mind you we are non violent and want to keep it that way.

Freddy;

Personally the rallies are the one time of the year I can see old friends and make new ones.

Then have a PARTY, not a protest that looks like a party. It IS that simple. We just don't like your party being our face. We don't all roll the same way and a lot of us feel we are being grossly misrepresented by your public parties called rallies.

What party are you referring to? Pifft you speak from your arm chair! Yeah it must be a comfortable place. I was at the rally in my wheel chair in pain just to take a stand for people like you! If you think I was parting you are sadly mistaken my friend. Trust me it is no party as you so state to sit in a wheel chair in pain and support our selves.

So grow some real ones and step up and help shape our rallies in a positive manner or sit back in your comfortable chair an just close your unformed mouth. Because I did not have the pleasure of making your acquaintance there. Other wise you would not spout that idealistic narrow point of view.

Edited by Fat Freddy

Your micro view of your own little world has boxed you into a corner. Why don't you read the thread through before commenting? This isn't about appeasing rick jones. No one here thinks that the way you dress will change his, or any other diehards' minds. It is about public relations. Presenting a good image. Maybe influencing some of the legislators that sit on the fence but mostly influencing the public. Even your boss has said that a protest isn't about convincing legislators, it's about press coverage and public image. Win the hearts and minds of the public and you've got it made in the shade. Did you ever really think that any legislator would be influenced by 2 or 3 hundred protestors in the yard? Think outside the box if you are capable.

What party are you referring to? Pifft you speak from your arm chair! Yeah it must be a comfortable place. I was at the rally in my wheel chair in pain just to take a stand for people like you! If you think I was parting you are sadly mistaken my friend. Trust me it is no party as you so state to sit in a wheel chair in pain and support our selves.

So grow some real ones and step up and help shape our rallies in a positive manner or sit back in your comfortable chair an just close your unformed mouth. Because I did not have the pleasure of making your acquaintance there. Other wise you would not spout that idealistic narrow point of view.

I laid it out there for you honestly. Take it or leave it. Many feel the way I do. Pifft all you want, it's how we feel. The truth may hurt.

Let me ask you this, what was the visual backdrop for your protest? If someone was a casual observer what would have caught their eye walking by? I'll help you out--a giant legalization banner held up behind the podium. Make no mistake, it wasn't some homemade job. It was a professionally made banner that was, what, maybe 2 or 3 feet by 10 feet? Joining THAT kind of protest isn't going to happen for many people. I am all for legalization but stop clouding the issues and mixing the message. DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM THERE? Hold your legalization protest on a different day. Hold your pro-dispensary protest on a DIFFERENT day. Stop inviting those people to a pro cg/pt protest. Get it?

I was at the rally in my wheel chair in pain just to take a stand for people like you! If you think I was parting you are sadly mistaken my friend.

You were only representing yourself and/or the group you were specifically representing. You were definitely not by a million miles representing me. Definitely not.

Its great you went to represent yourself and exercise your right to redress grievances to your government. Many of us do the same thing all the time. Peachy keen. But you only represented yourself and the group(s) you were there for.

Edited by Malamute

I laid it out there for you honestly. Take it or leave it. Many feel the way I do. Pifft all you want, it's how we feel. The truth may hurt.

My dear friend do you really think that if I could afford to throw a party, that their would be any hesitation to do so?

Shoot man I would love to host a decent gathering of everyone in our community all would be invited, yes even those that have a different point of view then I do.

A suit or tie is not going to change much, someone wearing blue jeans is not going to change much, but together they both speak to their peers.

It is called diversity, people like myself ( a jeans and hat man ) fear the people in suits, because suits represent the banker that took their home, the lawyer that took every dime they had just to defend a b.s case.

Jeans to the suits represents the people they can manipulate and take advantage of, the sheep if you will. To them we are looked upon as non voters etc hardly worth notice.

Got news for them. People are fed up with politics as usual. And a storm is building that will shake the foundations of our nation.

Let them continue to cast us aside and disregard our voices. When November comes they will wounder what happened. Cause we are going to clean house!

My Grandma use to say " You don't have to have money to look and be respectable".

It's not about suit and tie unless respecting the Institution of Government when gracing its offices and floor. It's about looking and being respectable. It doesnt take a tie to look respectable.

The overall message was about legalization, regardless of what or who was there.

It is what it is.

I am all for legalization rallies. Again. Peachy freakin keen. Have one every week.

But this rally had no clear message except legalize and free the weed, and fix the law and patients something or another, and dispensaries (safe access) something or another, and bills are icky(not sure what bills).. and.. well.... you get the idea. The clearest message exuded was not the message i am sure you really wanted or took the time out of your day to deliver. I am SURE you had a good time and i hope everyone did.

But, it is not the type of thing most people want to attend, and if they do, they show up to Hash Bash once a year and that is their effort for the year.

You were only representing yourself and/or the group you were specifically representing. You were definitely not by a million miles representing me. Definitely not.

Its great you went to represent yourself and exercise your right to redress grievances to your government. Peachy keen. But you only represented yourself.

Mal I feel the same way at times when people like you and your compadres sit here and gang bang someone for trying to stop this madness in the state capital.

We may not share the same approaches to the problems we ALL are facing. But in all reality do you really think those emails and phone calls I made at the behest

of the members here did any good?? Not a chance, look at the situation the amendments are sitting awaiting the senates attention. Did anything we say or do have any affect on their content? Nope. Clearly our voice fell upon def ears. Lets just face it, no matter what we say or do they are going to shaft us. That is their nature.

So all of this bantering and word play is non productive.

The people that go to Lansing could very well point to the rally and say this block of voters is only going to grow, and they are displeased with the current situation.

But no, we sit here and word play among ourselves. Well I have tried to find a better path, a way we all could work together.

Oh by the way what ever happened to the picnic you all were working on???

Funny I have not heard a word about it's success or failure. Did it ever get off the ground? Be honest and please address this one question.

Edited by Fat Freddy

On the contrary Restless, it is not us that have separated from the "community" it is you. 300 out of 200,000 is not much to brag about. Most patients and caregivers want their rights to grow and thrive. Some of us are going to fight diligently to protect that. We are not doing it to corner any market or for any storefront. We are not willing to be used as a pawn in a fringe high stakes game.

I agree that 300 out of 200,000 is a very small slice of the pie chart.

What is your plan to get them all involved?