New 6K Grow Room

Faygo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didn't you use the benefit of aircooled lights by connecting them to exhaust? Your electric ballast should have some space in between, they put out a lot of heat (about 140f ?) and they use those fins to dissipate the heat. You boarded up a window and put in two vents, what does that look like from the outside?

Looks good otherwise, filter your intake air and get a consistent environment you can control.

You can run a vented room with CO2, it is about air exchange. Remember to stop using CO2 during the last 2-3 weeks of flower - CO2 promotes leafy growth and not so much actual bud/calyx. you can spot plants that were dosed during late flower with CO2 - it will be leafier, greener, and lack smell and taste than if you cut it off. You have a duct to cool the lights, but the lights are not interconnected.

Edited by The Digital Nomad

i don't think you get the picture. i have 2 ac units in the room. i took off the glass off the hoods to get that extra 10% more light. why would i need to duct the lights when the room runs just fine without it? i run co2 all the way to week 8! weeks 1-3 1250 ppm weeks 4-6 1500 ppm weeks 7-8 800 ppm.

i bet your thinking this guy doesn't know what he is doing. here are some pictures of past grows i've done

P1000169.jpg

P1000176.jpg

P1000188.jpg

P1000190.jpg

P1000408-1.jpg

P1000413.jpg

P1000452.jpg

P1000440.jpg

P1000449.jpg

P1000461.jpg

you replaced the open reflectors with air cooled reflectors - more expensive, and then you removed the glass (for 10% more lumens, I don't buy into that - I use a lumens meter)

I was not sure why you went through all that trouble for buying and installing air cooled reflectors, and then to treat them like open reflectors. they remove heat pretty quickly from the bulbs and allow plants to grow closer to the lamp.

Try a taste test - its not about size - it is about the quality of the trichromes and its chemistry. Save a few bucks on the CO2 and make your patients happier.

What I meant about more calyx to leaf ratio - (this is a sativa as well)

282026_10150369357473154_6001212_n.jpg

i replaced the reflectors to handle summertime but since fall is here i took the glass off to get more lights and let the ac units do the job they were intended to do. Expensive it might be yes ... but you and i know it doesn't matter when your at this volume.

Edited by Faygo

i'll bet LEO would love to come over and do a plant count for you...lol...i hope you've got all your ducks in a row for that kind of garden....i'd hate to see all that equipment in the auction of seized property...but it sure would be an equipment upgrade for a poor boy like me.lol..i didn't see security dogs,armed guards or artillery...what are you thinking??lol...very nice looking bud Faygo...two thumbs ups from a humble grower like myself....bp

i'll bet LEO would love to come over and do a plant count for you...lol...i hope you've got all your ducks in a row for that kind of garden....i'd hate to see all that equipment in the auction of seized property...but it sure would be an equipment upgrade for a poor boy like me.lol..i didn't see security dogs,armed guards or artillery...what are you thinking??lol...very nice looking bud Faygo...two thumbs ups from a humble grower like myself....bp

Not that humble. Lol

i only have 23 plants growing with 5 patients. if my door gets knocked down it be a waste of their time.

i'm glad to hear that...with all that room some would be tempted to max out the capacity...which seems like you've got plenty of...lol..and despite what abe s says,i at least was humble enough not to try to give you my growing advice..lol...i think you're doing quite well all on your own....keep it up buddy,that's a mighty nice grow room you've got...not as nice as mine but...just kidding,that was just not to disappoint those who are expecting alittle something from me....lol...i love getting and giving a good jab now and again ...bp