Legal Cannabis Means Money For Schools And Bridges.

greenbuddha

I think people put the cart before the horse here -

So the argument is legalization will help patient's rights.

Some of us believe that marijuana will be accepted by society as organic medicine, before it is approved for recreational use.

Sort of like saying - "look it has been around as medicine for ages, so now we can approve it for use by anyone else."

The legalization crowd seems to say "Hey we want to have the right to party with this drug!"

What do you prove? that you are responsible partiers?

Maybe it is a separate issue - and we do need to part ways (If you voted for the MMMAct - not in compassion for the sick and their caregivers - but your right to party - then its a bullshiit vote)

Medical marijuana is supposed to be what it is called - you can't wink at each other and chuckle when you pass it around "heheh its medical hehe" - you make the MMMAct the lie it is.

Forgive me for being patient oriented - I am a patient, and I worked in a hospital. I didn't party much, and I don't drink anymore - so I guess I am out of step with the world.

I am also guilty of calling it what it is - either the MMMAct was a push for patient rights to organic medicine - or it was a scam to push for legalization for the rest of the world.

I think people put the cart before the horse here -

So the argument is legalization will help patient's rights.

Some of us believe that marijuana will be accepted by society as organic medicine, before it is approved for recreational use.

Sort of like saying - "look it has been around as medicine for ages, so now we can approve it for use by anyone else."

The legalization crowd seems to say "Hey we want to have the right to party with this drug!"

What do you prove? that you are responsible partiers?

Maybe it is a separate issue - and we do need to part ways (If you voted for the MMMAct - not in compassion for the sick and their caregivers - but your right to party - then its a bullshiit vote)

Medical marijuana is supposed to be what it is called - you can't wink at each other and chuckle when you pass it around "heheh its medical hehe" - you make the MMMAct the lie it is.

Forgive me for being patient oriented - I am a patient, and I worked in a hospital. I didn't party much, and I don't drink anymore - so I guess I am out of step with the world.

I am also guilty of calling it what it is - either the MMMAct was a push for patient rights to organic medicine - or it was a scam to push for legalization for the rest of the world.

Who made the statement that the 3M Act had anything to do with 'legalization'???

WHY would you CARE if someone wants to 'recreate' with cannabis.

Does your being a 'patient' make you somehow 'special'?

What about those that use cannabis for 'religious' purposes? Would you keep cannabis away from them. Their belief in the use of cannabis for religious reasons is no less valid than your use of it for 'medicinal' reasons.

Their are MANY of us who are 'patients' that think cannabis SHOULD be legal for use by anyone that chooses to do so.

And I for one, along with THOUSANDS of others, that VOTED to give you the right to be an MMJ patient, will support legalization in spite of someone elses narrow, self centered views.

Have a great evening.

I am a patient, and yes this law was for people like me - not recreational users, so yea I think patients have a first say. Am I special, no - just a patient in need of this medicine. To define someone who feels special - it is someone who feels society is obligated to them. I use my medical condition to plead my case - for sick people, I don't expose my disability and illness to the public - so people can get high.

you are right - there is NOTHING in the MMMAct that approves, implies, or fake trickery for recreational use of marijuana.

I hope you voted with patient rights in mind, if so please vote again. If you want to wreak havoc on a medical marijuana act - and screw it up for sick people (who can't go to the street like recreational users do now) - please don't help.

What if the next rally at lansing for patient rights to MMMP were ONLY the sick people and their caregivers? Would we be taken more seriously?

The banner for NORML and Ms.High Times - remember - was that for us? Wow, thanks!

Religion, and recreation - create your own ballot - and fly it up your own pole. Why not???!!

Please understand I would definitely vote to legalize in a heart beat because it is the right thing to do. But this law is about MMJ not recreational. After dealing with these bills and the reps for the last two years I know that our enemies use the (just a stepping stone) line against us constantly. If you are a recreational user, great! So was I but we cannot wave that flag without being exactly what they are saying we are. Stoners.

I thank every recreational user that voted yes and we will return the favor when the time comes. Until then they are two separate camps my friend.

You want to be ticked at someone, how about Matt Abel and MiNorml? Who in their right mind starts a ballot initiative without any money? Where was national Norml with some coin? I have zero respect for Norml and that right there is a perfect example why. They have been collecting dues for decades and haven't done jack Shiat.

You want to be ticked at someone, how about Matt Abel and MiNorml? Who in their right mind starts a ballot initiative without any money? Where was national Norml with some coin? I have zero respect for Norml and that right there is a perfect example why. They have been collecting dues for decades and haven't done jack Shiat.

Who mentioned being angry with anyone???

Certainly not me.

My energy will go into helping keep the MMJ laws intact, AS WELL as supporting 'legalization... my friend.

I am a patient, and yes this law was for people like me - not recreational users, so yea I think patients have a first say. Am I special, no - just a patient in need of this medicine. To define someone who feels special - it is someone who feels society is obligated to them. I use my medical condition to plead my case - for sick people, I don't expose my disability and illness to the public - so people can get high.

you are right - there is NOTHING in the MMMAct that approves, implies, or fake trickery for recreational use of marijuana.

I hope you voted with patient rights in mind, if so please vote again. If you want to wreak havoc on a medical marijuana act - and screw it up for sick people (who can't go to the street like recreational users do now) - please don't help.

What if the next rally at lansing for patient rights to MMMP were ONLY the sick people and their caregivers? Would we be taken more seriously?

The banner for NORML and Ms.High Times - remember - was that for us? Wow, thanks!

Religion, and recreation - create your own ballot - and fly it up your own pole. Why not???!!

Nomad, I'm sure that you ARE a very special person, as we ALL are.

But I'm STILL going to support FULL CANNABIS legalization in spite of that.

And when cannabis becomes legal, I hope you WON'T take advantage of the new freedom that you haven't helped support... it just wouldn't be right, Nomad, just like it isn't right for 'recreational users' to get themselves made an 'MMJ patient' to get themselves 'high', as you put it.

But now you'll have to entertain yourself at someone elses expense, because I really must be going.

It has been fun.

seems to me what is being overlooked in this thread so far, is these 2 subjects, full legalization vs. medical cannabis, are two fronts of the same war. Both need to be dealt with on their own Front. But BOTH are intricate to the War itself. What should be happening here is a splitting of Duties to fight each front. Like any two units on 2 fronts, but in the same war on the same side, each needs to prioritize their strengths and support their weaknesses. That is done with collusion between the two units on each front, not fighting. each Front has its own unique battles to be fought, and weaknesses to be protected. Communications between both sides is how we move forward on the War, and a Command, opposed to two units bickering about why each front is hurting the other.

Truth is the only reason each front is perceived as hurting the other front is lack of communication. Their is plenty to go around, and many points to discuss. Each must be dealt with individually, but with a single goal for both units. that is a Unified strategy to protect the MMMA< while full Legalization is forwarded.

IMHO, this war isnt over until cannabis is basically as legal to grow as tomato's or hops, or barely, or wheat or corn. the only difference, is it takes time/money and other ingredients to turn the other grains into something medically viable, but cannabis just needs to be picked...

With that said, I hope everyone can realize, each of these fronts are important, and need attention.

Yes the Important front is the Medical Act at this point, it IS the law on the books, but that SHOULD not mean the other front is left empty to be pounced, and it cant... A defeat on either front at this point in time is a setback of 30 years minimum, if not 70.

I'll add, while the Original Story is Co, we can learn lessons and mistakes presented by Every State that has attempted to tackle this legislation.

I say we need to assemble a strong list of what other states, including ours, has for Usable Winning stratagies/fights/methods, and probably more importantly, what they LOST on. and use those lessons to work for our Benefit, not our Demise.

I don't disagree with your words Tim. I just think in the short term those of us involved with MMJ should be keeping this house tidy for awhile first. Especially considering the amount of money it will take to pass legalization. WE are legal, lets use our money and efforts shoring up our law.

Please understand I would definitely vote to legalize in a heart beat because it is the right thing to do. But this law is about MMJ not recreational. After dealing with these bills and the reps for the last two years I know that our enemies use the (just a stepping stone) line against us constantly. If you are a recreational user, great! So was I but we cannot wave that flag without being exactly what they are saying we are. Stoners.

I thank every recreational user that voted yes and we will return the favor when the time comes. Until then they are two separate camps my friend.

took the words right off my keyboard. Think about this...

I don't disagree with your words Tim. I just think in the short term those of us involved with MMJ should be keeping this house tidy for awhile first. Especially considering the amount of money it will take to pass legalization. WE are legal, lets use our money and efforts shoring up our law.

Something else to keep in mind...

US: Marijuana-Legalization Efforts in Colorado, Wash. Draw Big

facebook.gif stumble.gif diggit.gif reddit.gif delicious.gif

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v12/n472/a08.html

Newshawk: http://www.drugsense.org/donate.htm

Pubdate: Mon, 24 Sep 2012

Source: Denver Post (CO)

Copyright: 2012 Associated Press

Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/122

MARIJUANA-LEGALIZATION EFFORTS IN COLORADO, WASH. DRAW BIG DONORS

Pro-marijuana donors with deep pockets are pouring millions into legalization measures on the ballot in Washington and Colorado, but they appear to be bypassing a similar pot campaign in Oregon.

Marijuana-legalization advocates connected with billionaire donors George Soros and Peter Lewis say the Oregon measure doesn't appear as politically attractive as it is in the two other states, the Oregonian reported. In Washington, two recent polls show a majority favoring legalization.

Oregon's Measure 80 has not polled nearly as well, which is a "cause for concern and a disincentive" to donate money, Ethan Nadelmann, a prominent national opponent of the nation's drug laws, told the newspaper. He heads Drug Policy Action, a New York-based nonprofit that donated $715,000 in Washington and another $90,000 in Colorado.

[Remainder snipped]