Sent A Cashier's Check, How Do I Prove It's Cashed?

i think all this started back when MDCH had to 'order a new printing machine" (twice!) people had noticed a date discrepancy - from when they mailed it, from when the registered mail was signed for, and when the check was cashed. Since the check was cashed the latest, lawyers had advise them to use the MDCH stamped cashed check as proof the envelope was opened. Again - some were advised by lawyers, and some interpreted the law themselves.

Let's just agree - that if you travel to a new club or cardholder event - have every part of the paper trail to make your acceptance smooth. We actually denied people trying to get into events with incomplete paper. Can you imagine, even a very old guy with a cane - his ID was expired by 1 year. We could feel sorry for the guy, and jeopardize everyone else in the club.

I agree with most of that except this part; lawyers had advise them to use the MDCH stamped cashed check as proof the envelope was opened

I don't believe an attorney advised that. There are some bad attorneys around the movement. But you would have had to skip law school to give that advice. The checks had all different stamps on them. So that idea doesn't make sense for more than one reason.

I sent a cashier's check to the state for my registration fee and can't get proof it was cashed. I might be able to talk to my bank some more to get proof but avoiding that. I'm wondering how I would get into clubs until my card arrives? And how quickly do the cards get mailed out now?

Use the FDIC's Bank Find service to identify the successor to your bank. You can enter the first couple of words of the bank's name and the city and state where it was located, and get links that will lead you to the name of the bank that acquired your bank, along with address information you can use to contact the surviving institution. That bank should have a record of paid cashier's checks for at least the five most recent years.

Published on BankingQuestions.com

I know you don't want to use a bank but I haven't read, anything other than how a club would do it. Here is how to go about it through the banking system.

Atleast I think I didn't read that info.. I may have missed it but read through them all. best of luck.

Trix

:bong2: