Why Would You Do That?

Being "high" is a great side effect to the use of medical marijuana.

I consider it a blessing.

What sick person doesn't want to elevate their mood?

Those people that are convinced that marijuana is from the devil himself.

Those same people get their aches and pains as they get older.

We can help them.

actually Michigan was a pretty large hemp growing state up till the 30s. lumber was the states larges natural export ironically enough but hemp grew quite well. Many Mi farmers supplied the Armed Forces call for hemp in the late 30s/early 40s for rope for military forces to support WWII war efforts. Hemp again saves the US military is one story never reported on. heh.

It would grow just fine, and far superior to corn with far less everything if allowed to.

actually Michigan was a pretty large hemp growing state up till the 30s. lumber was the states larges natural export ironically enough but hemp grew quite well. Many Mi farmers supplied the Armed Forces call for hemp in the late 30s/early 40s for rope for military forces to support WWII war efforts. Hemp again saves the US military is one story never reported on. heh.

It would grow just fine, and far superior to corn with far less everything if allowed to.

So there is a likelihood that it still exists somewhere in the state.

Anyone ever grow cannabis from seed and end up with a plant with NO tricomes at all? Waay back in 09 there were a handful of people who got together and bought some high dollar seeds from BC that were said to be 40% THC. The one female that made it through to the end was completely void of tricomes - grown by more than one competent grower with the same result.

Also in 09, I had some "thai super skunk" freebies from Attitude. I flowered a female for 19 weeks - again, no tricomes.

I wanted to name the strain "Rope."

Even if I had thought to have those plats tested, I doubt there was a way to do so in 09. But now I'm wondering if these tricome-free plants are likely to be high in CBD? or is CDB found in the tricome same as THC?

Edited by Highlander

Anyone ever grow cannabis from seed and end up with a plant with NO tricomes at all? Waay back in 09 there were a handful of people who got together and bought some high dollar seeds from BC that were said to be 40% THC. The one female that made it through to the end was completely void of tricomes - grown by more than one competent grower with the same result.

Also in 09, I had some "thai super skunk" freebies from Attitude. I flowered a female for 19 weeks - again, no tricomes.

I wanted to name the strain "Rope."

Even if I had thought to have those plats tested, I doubt there was a way to do so in 09. But now I'm wondering if these tricome-free plants are likely to be high in CBD? or is CDB found in the tricome same as THC?

Yes .. same pathways to the same locations etc. Just one of two enzimes involved as to which molecule is made.

BUT!! even with small tricome production, there would be bulk. That would make up for it, as far as for CBD extraction.

So call the DNR??

I think a lot of people would be willing to donate leaf trim.

Cannabidiol occurred in the highest concentrations (0.01 to 0.94% of dry matter) in all plant parts; delta-9-THC, the next highest (0.0001 to 0.06%) in the study over time. Cannabidiol content of leaf tissue of plants sampled from ten locations at flowering, ranged from 0.12 to 1.7%; delta-9-THC, from 0.01 to 0.49%.

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/indust/seasonal.html

I think a lot of people would be willing to donate leaf trim.

Cannabidiol occurred in the highest concentrations (0.01 to 0.94% of dry matter) in all plant parts; delta-9-THC, the next highest (0.0001 to 0.06%) in the study over time. Cannabidiol content of leaf tissue of plants sampled from ten locations at flowering, ranged from 0.12 to 1.7%; delta-9-THC, from 0.01 to 0.49%.

http://druglibrary.o...t/seasonal.html

Not worth it .. tissue culture.

There is already nearly 15% CBD strains here already.

Tissue culture.

We can have thousands of clones in a matter of weeks.

Hopefully these would be 0.5% THC plants. Worthless for getting high.

Edited by peanutbutter

We did grow hemp at one time in Michigan for the army, but obviously our harsher winter climate stopped it from easily continuing on wildly. What other explanation do you have Tim? Is Michigan LEO that much better at hemp eradication than everyone south of us or is it climate? Easy answer.

Edited by SFC