Chippewa 420 Club Owner Arrested

What a sinister technique to use. Take peoples kids and vow not to relinquish them until a suitable confession is signed. Oh, and if later you change your mind maybe CPS comes back because they have to "review" everything. Really despicable.

Thank you for registering and taking time to share your story and thoughts here. Would love to see more updates from the inside as the situation progresses.

Ummm you missed a few things.

Once a confession is had they use it to justify having you go to drug rehab, parenting classes and as an excuse to send a worker into your home for observation of the families interactions. If you resist ( with a poor atty ) They will drag you through court until your means to support your family is diminished to the point of near bankruptcy.

Then find a way to jail you and take your kids. Welcome to Michigan the state of blind obedience.

Edited by Fat Freddy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once a confession is had they use it to justify having you go to drug rehab, parenting classes and as an excuse to send a worker into your home for observation of the families interactions. If you resist ( with a poor atty ) They will drag you through court until your means to support your family is diminished to the point of near bankruptcy.

Then find a way to jail you and take your kids. Welcome to Michigan the state of blind obedience.

Thank you for the follow up and helping with my edification. Just to add, I would suppose if you do get higher level legal consideration, that would of course become financially significant also. It's hard to understand how people can treat other people like this.

Chilling stuff.

What a sinister technique to use. Take peoples kids and vow not to relinquish them until a suitable confession is signed. Oh, and if later you change your mind maybe CPS comes back because they have to "review" everything. Really despicable.

Sometimes the old methods are still the most effective.

stalin1mm.jpg

Of course my statements are dependant on whether they have a case to start with. Personally I do not trust any of them.

I apologize for sounding like an alarmist. It just to many years dealing with a system that seems to have little compassion most of the time.

OF course I realize that there are some good souls working for cps, my hope is that they are in their corner

From the local paper article, in the comment section

http://www.sooeveningnews.com/article/20121005/NEWS/121009701

Jeremy Miller · Bay Mills, MichiganEmil- These people are ALL my family. We are patients and caregivers to other patients in our county. We were not participating in the illegal growing, distributing or selling of marijuana. The police have been harassing our family since Jimmie opened his business; they have been looking for any reason they can to arrest our family. The police also cannot accept the fact that Michigan voters approved the law to allow medical marijuana to be used in our state. They still see it as a drug; to those with their card it is medicine, but to the ones that don’t have their card- yes, it is a drug. We help many people, who can barely move or are dying from illnesses. We also have helped many people to get away from using narcotics for pain relief, to using medical marijuana, which many patients have said has improved their quality of li

fe. This is not a criminal enterprise, according to state laws, everything we were doing was completely legal. Jim Miller is a very intelligent and successful man; he wouldn’t be doing this if it were illegal or if he thought it was wrong. He has owned numerous businesses for most of his life, yet they have seized over $200,000 of assets from our family saying that everything was bought with "drug" money, however, almost everything that they have seized has been owned by our family for at least ten years; they are forgetting to realize that the Chippewa 420 Club has only been opened for roughly two years and we don't sell drugs. Our family is curious as to whether or not there is a debate taking place tomorrow on Drummond Island. If so, is it open to the public to participate and do questioning on various issues and will this issue be brought up?

From the local paper article, in the comment section

http://www.sooevenin.../NEWS/121009701

Jeremy Miller · Bay Mills, MichiganEmil- These people are ALL my family. We are patients and caregivers to other patients in our county. We were not participating in the illegal growing, distributing or selling of marijuana. The police have been harassing our family since Jimmie opened his business; they have been looking for any reason they can to arrest our family. The police also cannot accept the fact that Michigan voters approved the law to allow medical marijuana to be used in our state. They still see it as a drug; to those with their card it is medicine, but to the ones that don’t have their card- yes, it is a drug. We help many people, who can barely move or are dying from illnesses. We also have helped many people to get away from using narcotics for pain relief, to using medical marijuana, which many patients have said has improved their quality of li

fe. This is not a criminal enterprise, according to state laws, everything we were doing was completely legal. Jim Miller is a very intelligent and successful man; he wouldn’t be doing this if it were illegal or if he thought it was wrong. He has owned numerous businesses for most of his life, yet they have seized over $200,000 of assets from our family saying that everything was bought with "drug" money, however, almost everything that they have seized has been owned by our family for at least ten years; they are forgetting to realize that the Chippewa 420 Club has only been opened for roughly two years and we don't sell drugs. Our family is curious as to whether or not there is a debate taking place tomorrow on Drummond Island. If so, is it open to the public to participate and do questioning on various issues and will this issue be brought up?

Yes they were operating a dispensary and selling to anyone that had a card. They were told more than once to stop by the local authorities and chose to ignore the warnings, relying on their own interpretation of the law over the state's. I honestly hope the McQueen decision comes through before these people are tried and sentenced, and it favors our community. This case will be moot if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

The investigation began when sheriff deputies were called to an unspecified residence in response to a domestic assault complaint. Evidence compiled since that visit led to the execution of multiple search warrants

just going by what the press said, i did not notice anyone getting caught with the sales,,,,

and the press said the plants were not secure?

from a local on another message board.. THIS IS THE FEAR THEY HAVE

People in the Soo are scared SHITLESS, its like the wild west around here, there is no order, criminals have NO rights, the punishments for 'drug' crimes are three times more harsh here because its a boarder county (what a load of BS) and when you try to talk to someone about SERIOUS ISSUES THAT DO AFFECT THEM they stick their fingers in their ears and go, "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Maybe if I just close my eyes it will all go away?" WRONG, IT GETS WORSE, GO FIGURE. I, for one, have had enough of it and I'm moving the hell away from here and all of these ignorant, close-minded people. We opened the minds of some, but they're all to scared to admit it, let alone do anything about it, and me doing what little I can on my own has accomplished just about... nothing. If only I could do what the tea party does and import an entire bus full of supporters from some far-off land to come and act like they live here and that these issues are important to them? Eh, they'd probably just get arrested and charged with child abuse and have everything dear taken away from them until they're too afraid to ever open their mouths in protest again....

Ignorance is bliss...? If only I could live in that this world.

I've had to use my patient card in the Soo and had no problems using it whatsoever.

The Judge, the Prosecutor, and the MSP all asked the same questions:

"Does he have a card?" Yes.

"Is he within his limits?" Yes.

Then give him his stuff and leave him alone.

*shrug*

Didn't seem as crazy as made out here.

Just want to make sure examples are out there.

I've had to use my patient card in the Soo and had no problems using it whatsoever.

The Judge, the Prosecutor, and the MSP all asked the same questions:

"Does he have a card?" Yes.

"Is he within his limits?" Yes.

Then give him his stuff and leave him alone.

*shrug*

Didn't seem as crazy as made out here.

Just want to make sure examples are out there.

why else did he have to show it to these folks? MSP , Judge, Prosecutor ?

Ahh IC...

I had a run in with a police officer. Two of us.

The officer was shown our cards. He did not know what to do when we said we were immune to arrest. So he called his boss at the police station. He said to the police officer to call the prosecutor.

Police officer calls Prosecutor. Prosecutor asks those questions and says " then give them their stuff and let them go".

Police officer no likey that answer so he calls the MSP to see what they say. They tell him the exact same thing. I know because he is on a cell phone using speaker.

Still not liking the answer he calls and wakes up the Judge, 3 am ish, and the Judge asks the exact same questions and says the exact same thing, "give them their stuff and let them go"... with a little addition of "leave them be".

So what i am saying is it seems that Chippewa county isn't so bad if you are following the law. People said how horrible it was but i had an opposite experience.

Update to this particular story

http://www.9and10news.com/story/19948131/update-deputies-in-chippewa-county-arrest-another-person-tied-to-drug-investigation

In this update, deputies in Chippewa County made another arrest tied to a major drug investigation.

Dennis Giddis is charged with conducting a criminal enterprise and for making and delivering Marijuana.

Earlier this month, deputies arrested ten others on a variety of charges, ranging from making and delivering Marijuana to child abuse.

The drug arrests came after investigators searched places in Sault Ste. Marie, Kincheloe, Brimley and St. Ignace.

They say they found hundreds of Marijuana plants, several pounds of Marijuana, hash oil, money and records.

I believe this dispensary was previously warned to stop operations.

I am still waiting for the full story.

Wow, Ok im not saying that anyone did anything wrong, how does leo know the kids were around when the oil was extracted, and as far as the grow room, that dont hurt kids, and kids are not allowed in it, how can they say a 2 yr old was helping? some one making that much oil must be doing it for a good reason, Yea it may be worth a lot of cash, but prove to me they were not donating it to their cancer pt's! If all of the plants were in one place well that is kinda stupid/silly, I dont know many parents that would willingly give up their children for mmj, maybe a heroin addict or meth head, but not an mmj user or pt! mj dont grab you like that! meth does, crack may, heroin does, s h i t we know alcohol does, I wonder if we hear the whole story on other domestic violence cases, like the man/woman was drunk on absolute and hit their partner, um and we found a still in their home?!?

On the other hand, if you have a despense or co-op and you are warned to stop before getting arrested and dont, man look what can happen! If I was warned to stop growing or my kids would be taken or id be arrested id stop than and there, now, while they were warning me id be pulling plants and burning them in my burn barrel, nothing is worth putting your kids thru that!

We have a law, it is working well for me, most i read about getting popped 1st have leo there for another reason (this one domestic violence) and then they find your grow and people are over their limits! dont assume you are legal and wont get busted, only deal with pts who are connected to you thru the registry, meaning your name is on the back of their card, and their name is on the back of your c.g card, and dont call the cops to your house, police your own!

Peace

Jim

well ff, ive had a cps investigation, there were very nice to me, they visited the kids in school first (that pissed me off) and then came here, and they were not here for more than 5 mins, they didnt go thru my house or fridge or anything, we live in a decent, clean house that is prob like most people who dont live like pigs!!!! they had no reason to continue, they wanted both of us to get therapy/and jump thru some hoops, we didnt get an attny we went to the meeting at the county fia, and they dropped it before we even found a place to do therapy, we would have done it just to keep our kids. but they realized the person who reported us (my lady's ex) had no reason other than jealiousy of me living here with what he thought was his! sorry ex, your ex woman is my mate/lifes mate and the kids you did not adopt are mine, call again and you will be in jail! we keep our house clean, i keep my stuff locked up, it does not smell like mj outside my home or in my home, the only place we medicate is in my locked room, and in that room is another locked room with my grow in it!

Dont abuse our law and chances are you will not have a problem!

Peace

Jim