When Is A Patient Legal?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their problem was they decided what was compliant before waiting to see how the state would decide what was compliant. Again it's not our opinions that count. It is the state courts decisions on what is compliant that counts.

I don't agree with these arrests. I honestly think all the people you mentioned should not have been arrested. However, the state has defined what they consider compliant and these people were not, according to those decisions.

The first people arrested, like King and Redden, were really unfortunate to have been first case trials. On the other hand, after reading the law, I never assumed that I could keep my whole house locked and it would count as securing my grow. It just seemed too generalized. If that were true, then you could never allow anyone into your whole house. Even letting the Jehovah's Witness that's been bugging you for last 9 months stand in your foyer would be illegal. A pizza delivery guy couldn't step through your door on a rainy night. Get it?

Can anyone show me a case where someone was arrested that was not medicating in public, not over on their plant count or amount possessed, and never made a transfer to anyone not to connected to them through the registry?

Anyone?

The only thing I got out of this is your attempt to defend this statement ! This board only represents the cases of people that have come forward . How many do we not know about ?

As far as I'm concerned. I was in full compliance. Count, enclosure the whole enchilada.Republicans just on a witch hunt. Sure are a lot of back yard attorneys on this site My charge was MNF/DELIVERY of MMJ. What does that have to do with a top or roof anything ??Just their attempt to draw at straws. Making the rules as they go

Edited by Kingpinn

The problem I see is that we all are faced with different interpretations of the MMMP.

Depending on what side of the fence we are standing on will guide our views.

B.S. has a view from the law enforcement side, we have a view from a patient & caregiver side.

Sometimes those views clash. So our best defence is to try to view things from the side of law enforcement.

It is the only way we can avoid 98% of the garbage that comes down the pipe.

This is not to say that the good and well meaning people that have faced charges are in the wrong.

It is merely a call to be aware that our actions may have unforeseen consequences. Even with the best of intentions we still have to deal with people that do not understand or see things from both sides of the fence.

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act states you are legal 20 days after the application is recieved by the MDCH if you do not recieve a denial letter within that 20 days.

They are getting cards out quicker. I just recently got my new card nine business days from the date they recieved the application.

I believe that all these should never have been arrested. I also believe that my view of the law, which is much, much more liberal than the view I am holding in this thread is more correct than those coming down presently from the state. The point I am trying to make is that while we might feel that we are totally compliant, it doesn't matter if the state doesn't feel the same. There have been actual guidelines established through the courts at this time. If you do not comply with those rulings, whether you agree or still think you were in compliance against those rulings, you will be arrested.

I will comment on each individual case and the way that I understand the court rulings if you like, none of which I agree with. I would like some time to put that opinions together though. Also, I will not bother if nobody's interested or if it's only to argue the points. They aren't going to be my opinions of the law, just the reasons why the rulings were made according to the court. I do not wish to argue the court's opinions as I do not agree with.

However, just because I don't agree, doesn't mean that I will ignore or go against those rulings.