Federal Court Of Appeals To Consider The Benefits Of Medical Marihuana

Here are the Summary of the arguments

THE DEA ACTED ARBITRARILY AND CAPRICIOUSLY, AND WITHOUT SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE, IN CONCLUDING THAT MARIJUANA DOES NOT HAVE A “CURRENTLY ACCEPTED MEDICA USE IN TREATMENT IN THE UNITED STATES”

QUALIFIED EXPERTS RECOGNIZE THAT MARIJUANA HAS MEDICAL USE

THE DEA ERRED IN FAILING TO FIND THAT MARIJUANA’S CHEMISTRY IS KNOWN AND REPRODUCIBLE

THE DEA AND HHS ERRONEOUSLY FAILED TO COMPARE MARIJUANA TO OTHER SCHEDULED SUBSTANCES

THE DEA ERRONEOUSLY EQUATES US OF MARIJUANA WITH A “HIGH” POTENTIAL FOR ABUSE

THE DEA AND HHS ERRONEOUSLY FAILED TO COMPARE MARIJUANA TO OTHER SCHEDULED SUBSTANCES

QUALIFIED EXPERTS RECOGNIZE THAT

THE DEA ERRED IN FAILING TO FIND THAT MARIJUANA’S CHEMISTRY IS KNOWN AND REPRODUCIBLE

THE DEA AND HHS ERRONEOUSLY FAILED TO COMPARE

MARIJUANA TO OTHER SCHEDULED SUBSTANCES

THE DEA ERRONEOUSLY EQUATES US OF MARIJUANA WITH A “HIGH” POTENTIAL FOR ABUSE

RESPONDENTS ABUSED THEIR DISCRETION IN DENYING PETITIONERS A HEARING AFTER STALLING ON THEIR DENIAL OF T HE RESCHEDULING PETITION FOR NEARLY TEN

YEARS

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/10/08/appeals-court-to-consider-theraputic-value-of-medical-marijuana/

http://safeaccessnow.org/downloads/ASA_v_DEA_Reply_Brief.pdf

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Thursday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

A ruling that the current scheduling is erroneous and that there needs to be hearings, could send the DEA into overtime to get hearings taking place ASAP.

In that case, I believe there would be no federal marijuana law. It HAS happened before.

That is, after the tax stamp act was found unconstitutional, there was a period where there was no federal marijuana law. It took time to make the new Controlled Substance Act.

Edited by peanutbutter

I think they may find that it doesn't belong in schedule one but it is up to HHS, FDA and DEA to hold hearings to determine where it DOES belong.

Leaving marijuana completely off the schedule system until the hearings DO take place.

There are major tax differences between schedule 2 and 3. The IRS action against Harborside would still be taking place if it was put into schedule 2.

Edited by peanutbutter

I think they may find that it doesn't belong in schedule one but it is up to HHS, FDA and DEA to hold hearings to determine where it DOES belong.

Leaving marijuana completely off the schedule system until the hearings DO take place.

There are major tax differences between schedule 2 and 3. The IRS action against Harborside would still be taking place if it was put into schedule 2.

Just curious how DEA has any credability in the say so. Like where do they get any legitamate expertise, especially since they have done everything ever concieved possible to prevent any studies, research or trials to clarify this. Including terrorizing inquisitive the brave citizens that tried to better their lives with beneficial herbs v addictive poisonous pharmacueticals.

They were created to police the " druggies " with over the top military type tacticts. They are irrelevant to the discussion. imho

I am not saying we shouldn't, just saying that it could subject the doctor to more scrutiny. I don't understand how a doctor would go about recommending a schedule II controlled substance when they think a prescription is required to obtain it. There are just some unknowns, that is all I am saying.

I envision parallel systems. Our Docs here in MI have a lot of protection under the Act.