Contracts Between Caregivers And Patients?

seaofgreen517

Hi to All,

I have been a caregiver for the entire time since law has taken affect. It protects both the patient and caregiver. It gives specifics about the Caregiver/Patient relationship and what one expects from the other. I always am open to do add in's or write in's for my patients. Both my patients and myself feel better with the contract. Its professional, clear, concise, and speaks to the professionalism that we should put forth as caregivers.

Thanks,

lilbuddy

When something happens to a caregiver he or she gets sick and can't do the care they agreed to some people get really mad. I take patients with the understanding i can quit at any time or for any reason because things happen.

That's exactly why patients should be allowed to have two CGs!

I'm good with that too, but I think we're both wishful thinking.

yep. I just watched the MSC oral arguments and rejoiced as PA Scully stammered her way through her truncated time. I loved it when she said 'If the electorate had intended for patients to be able to transfer to other patients it would explicitly indicate so in the statute." Chief Justice Young responds, "Maybe it did when they put 'transfer' in there." She said 'I disagree," then tucked her tail and scurried off to be replaced by the Solicitor General.

It's a really good idea to have some sort of written agreement between patient and caregiver. That way it's easier to understand what is expected of each party. Having it written down allows either person to go back and bring out the paperwork in case of any disagreement. It's also a good practice if you keep records with your patients.

Highlander...THANK YOU! As a new patient, in my late 30s, with a truly debilitating condition, I need to understand how I can find a competent, straight forward, honest person to help me. I am willing to learn how to grow my own, but just do not have the knowledge and likely do not have space.

I am willing to pay a fair price on a consistent basis but I expect respect and fairness in return. It is very difficult, as someone new to this, to weed through everything.