Snoops In The Up North Woods?

pickles

I've noticed that for the last 3 years, in Mid October, we get several unannounced, and uninvited visitors to our secluded home in the woods. Last week, it was a door to door salesman, with some kind of spray bottle in his hand, wearing a suit and very clean shiny shoes, 2 weeks ago it was a grungy looking man asking if our truck was for sale. the truck is not visable from the road, and has no signs on it. and not for sale. Last year, it was a helicopter circling over head. what a hoot! I was in my jammies, chasing chickens with a butterfly net. anyhoo, we noticed strangers coming to our door in Oct each year. We live 12 miles from a very small town, have no neighbors, do not invite people to our home and give no indication of anyone being welcome. Our grow is very strictly kept legal, maybe I'm a little paranoid about someone coming to check our stuff, maybe not. anyone else have strange visitors?

If i could afford a huge plot of land i would make it a animal sanctuary a place for the deer and other wildlife to feel safe during hunting season.

Nothing wrong with that but do keep in mind that hunting helps control the deer population. Without it many deer would starve in the winter from what I understand. I'm not a deer hunter but not against it either.

If you do not want visitors invest in some big DO NOT TRESPASS signs also put up no solicitors signs as well.

Paranoia is simply a heightened sense of awareness you cannot be too carefull growing .

This works too....

004-7.jpg

Nobody even comes close to the house, lol.

Blaze says hi KD. :)

Edited by rockinlespaul

The coyote idea won't work. #1 they are small, #2 the don't hunt as a pack #3 they avoid humans like the plague. Coyote's under duress have been known to run 30-50 miles across a county to get away.

Yes. As a general rule you shouldn't be feeding wild animals anyway but especially if they roam free and it is your attempt to turn them into your own personal security system. Imagine the damage a wild animal can do to a wandering child if the animal is trying to protect "territory" that wouldn't otherwise naturally be a territory. If you're going to feed something why not feed your own dog and fence it in around your house? Rockinlespaul has the right idea. That, coupled with the no trespass/no solicitation signs, should work well.

Yes. As a general rule you shouldn't be feeding wild animals anyway but especially if they roam free and it is your attempt to turn them into your own personal security system. Imagine the damage a wild animal can do to a wandering child if the animal is trying to protect "territory" that wouldn't otherwise naturally be a territory. If you're going to feed something why not feed your own dog and fence it in around your house? Rockinlespaul has the right idea. That, coupled with the no trespass/no solicitation signs, should work well.

WOW .. if a tree falls in the woods and CL doesn't hear it, is pb still wrong?

WOW .. if a tree falls in the woods and CL doesn't hear it, is pb still wrong?

Why are you so defensive? Am I RIGHT? Should we or shouldn't we be trying to coax wild beasts to hang around our front stoop?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It isn't about you being wrong. We all often have ideas that we later realize are not good. Difference is that most people mull them over in their head first before putting them out there. Then the mulling process tends to weed out the bad ones. You come up with something and then immediately post it here without the mull-over. I'm not saying that's bad, just a fact. You're impulsive (See your thread where you told us that the US Congress re-scheduled marijuana, et al). But I digress.

I didn't attack you, I gave an opinion. If you think trying to get coyotes to hang out at a residence is a good idea then let's hear why. Let's point, counterpoint, without getting our feelings hurt.

Sorry .. I should have put a LOL at the end of that.

I'm out in the country. So consideration for children playing in the night isn't as much of a concern for me.

Although there isn't much chance of attracting them to a city home ..

I think there must have been at least four crews feeding my dogs hot dogs and chicken, over the years.

Sorry .. I should have put a LOL at the end of that.

I'm out in the country. So consideration for children playing in the night isn't as much of a concern for me.

Although there isn't much chance of attracting them to a city home ..

I think there must have been at least four crews feeding my dogs hot dogs and chicken, over the years.

I've heard of small packs of coyotes running in neighborhoods in Wisconsin and Chicago suburbs. Haven't heard of that in Michigan though.

Why are people feeding your dogs? I would be concerned about that it you don't know who it is doing the feeding. Could be someone casing your place and testing the dogs to see if they respond favorably to feeding. Or maybe I'm just being hyper-vigilant.

got 5 dogs, and plenty of signs,even got a bear roaming the property and lots of coyote too, still I hate having to get dressed to go outside and tell people to leave.....maybe if I approached them in my jammies it would scare the curiosity right out of them?