Hello Everyone/new To The Site.

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to this forum and I'm very excited to talk with everyone. I'm here because I really would like to become a caregiver soon and I want to have the best advice and knowledge from people with more experience. I've worked on an organic vegetable farm for six years and I have a passion for helping people to be and stay healthy. I truly believe in the positive qualities that MM has to offer and I want to help people that are suffering. My goal is to take my knowledge from organic farming methods and use what I know to help in my journey as a new caregiver.

Any advice is welcome. Many thanks to the people that have helped make this forum what it is today.

Welcome Switchfoot2! Best of luck in your quest! I am also an organic gardener, just a few seasons experience, but am always trying to learn and improve my veggies!! I might ask you for some gardening advice of your own sometime. Have a good time learning and growing. Be safe. Helping to ease the suffering of your fellow human beings is the best thing you could possibly do here.

Peace...

switchfoot.jpgswitchy.jpgswitchfoot2.jpgswitchfoot.jpgSwitchfoot03.jpgFOOT.jpgFoot.jpgbigfeet375.giffunny-picture-left-foot-cat.jpgfunny_12-3a.gif012_big_foot.jpga4a5.jpgFeets.jpg9.jpg

Welcome Switchfoot2! Best of luck in your quest! I am also an organic gardener, just a few seasons experience, but am always trying to learn and improve my veggies!! I might ask you for some gardening advice of your own sometime. Have a good time learning and growing. Be safe. Helping to ease the suffering of your fellow human beings is the best thing you could possibly do here.

Peace...

No problem I'm always willing to help. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Organic in soil (soil less) is a very good way to grow. Having the organics already incorporated into the soil before you plant guarantees that the plants will not be deprived of nutes, and organics won't burn the plants either - best of all worlds. Since you have worked in organic farming it should be an easy transition for you to grow your own cannabis. There are a lot of organic soil recipes on the net. One that comes to mind is "Super Soil" - a really easy and effective mix that you make yourself at home.

Two very important factors that will make or break your grow: correctly pH'd soil and correctly pH'd water. Make sure that both stay within a range of 6.5 and 7. Don't try to go cheap on your soil mix or your water. Use water that isn't too hard or the calcium and lime in the water will build up in the soil and cause nutrient lockout.

Pick up a copy of The Marijuana Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes. It is a really good reference book.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

Organic in soil (soil less) is a very good way to grow. Having the organics already incorporated into the soil before you plant guarantees that the plants will not be deprived of nutes, and organics won't burn the plants either - best of all worlds. Since you have worked in organic farming it should be an easy transition for you to grow your own cannabis. There are a lot of organic soil recipes on the net. One that comes to mind is "Super Soil" - a really easy and effective mix that you make yourself at home.

Two very important factors that will make or break your grow: correctly pH'd soil and correctly pH'd water. Make sure that both stay within a range of 6.5 and 7. Don't try to go cheap on your soil mix or your water. Use water that isn't too hard or the calcium and lime in the water will build up in the soil and cause nutrient lockout.

Pick up a copy of The Marijuana Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes. It is a really good reference book.

Welcome! Customarily newbies send me half of their first grow for testing and evaluation. Then if it is any good you send me a couple of lbs after I endorse it. Capiche?

On a more serious note the fertilizer companies tend to encourage overuse so start at half strength and adjust by how the plants respond. Massive is a good organic bud hardener. Avoid the supps Gravity and Bushmaster since they contain questionable ingredients which have a good possibility of being detrimental to a persons health. Just warning you since they do work but I stopped using them.

Learn about killing spider mites and if you do not have them how to prevent infestations. I use 3 different organic pesticides in rotation to prevent resistance in the mites. They can kill a garden in 3 days. Take this seriously. Things are not in balance in an artificial environment. If you are going to grow outdoors follow the law and don't forget to put a top over the thing save you a lot of trouble.

Enjoy!