What Are They Up To Now!

Willy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, in Indiana.. still sounds off to me..

Nah. Its really no different than sending your check to AT&T. Their headquarters is in San Antonio Texas but my check gets cleared in Illinois. Chase bank headquarters are in Chicago but their processing center is in Belleville Mi. The money doesnt stay in Indiana. Its just getting processed there. I hope..... Mm

Nah. Its really no different than sending your check to AT&T. Their headquarters is in San Antonio Texas but my check gets cleared in Illinois. Chase bank headquarters are in Chicago but their processing center is in Belleville Mi. The money doesnt stay in Indiana. Its just getting processed there. I hope..... Mm

Medcnman is correct.

Show of hands--who here thinks the money you deposit in your bank stays in the local branch?

The state uses a bank. The bank doesn't need to conduct its transactions in Michigan. At some point the money is invested in someone's mortgage in Santa Barbara, Calif., Austin, Texas, and Portland, Maine.

yeah well, we are saying make a processing center in michigan. michigan jobs, etc. especially for our own govt. or the bank which our own govt uses.

anyways. its nice to see that sen jones isnt making whoopee over patients cuz hes evil or religious,

but (in my opinion) hes doing it for kickbacks, investments, bribes and corporate domination.

its good that they are rescheduling marijuana. and they even call it cannabis! in the bill.

to issue an enhanced pharmaceutical-grade

cannabis registration card to an eligible patient for the use of

pharmaceutical-grade cannabis.

you need a new card for pharmaceutical-grade cannabis. apparently.

the bill is somewhat ... unworkable, i dont see how they want to jail the owner or operator of a licensed pharm-grade facility for a violation. that will never fly, no one would start a facility. probably get removed during some negotiations (of cash money to sen jones) .

I like to believe that the cannabis i produce is a pharmaceutical grade. NO bugs, sprays or insecticides, organically grown.. what more you need.. a licence? "being sarcastic"

I would venture to say that this bill looks like the first step to co-opt the law and take away the term 'medical' grade and make the powers behind this the only ones qualified to determine what 'medical' mmj is---and that coming from state sanctioned and state controlled facilities----convoludes the medical language and takes it away from us and sanction them to determine---sneaky and definately an end run at the last minute to slip more damage in

sort f an FDA approved type language...with the controllers being the FDA in this scenario

it also looks like this language makes any sort of cannabis derivative specifically illegal ( notice all the substances listed to make derivatives) unless it is marketed by this format they are introducing--again state run/controlled facilities

that means RSO andBHO are going to be specifically addressed with this language...completely illegal unless it is'manufactured in a state approved facility--

in California if you are caught making butane derivatives it is a serious 'manufacturing' charge and the same penalties as if you were running a meth lab---something I haven't heard much about here in mich...this is on a federal level and I am sure that part of this is because the Feds are so pissed off with all the folks making these derivatives here in Michigan---basement snake oil labs

and the reason the schedulell clause is in there is it covers them from being nvolved at a state level--

it looks like this is the foundation of a grandeur plan--the foundation they would need if they wanted to advance these type of facilities

watch Colorado---I hope the growers there are smart enough to realize if they ammend their constitution to completely legalize marijuana they are opening the doors to the large corporations to come in and take over the circumstances...

and legalized hemp will only kill outdoor growers abilities and drive the growers inside where they can be monitored more easily with the new 'smart' meters---

outdoor legal hemp will spread pollen to anyone's outdoor crop and consequently cross-pollinate their crop and destroy their genetics---something Cali is accutely aware of ( does this smell like Monsanto?)

also that is why all the herb in amsterdam ,and those areasisgrown inside to keep the genetics uncontaminated--

so back on topic I would think after reading this that yes this is an 'end' run at the last minute to slip more controls into the mix--JMO

It is a way for them to use the MMMA money to implement this new program. They can take funds from the MMMA fund (also created by Jones in his amendments to HB 4834) to help implement their new crazy schedule II card program.

I am not sure why you see that as a research fund of any sort...

And I have heard repeatedly that the funds that are being generated thru the registry are being used to hire more police---

did no one notice that there are 100newstate police recently hired...??...

so they are selling us a card with limited protection and then hiring more police to makesureweare compliant--

this was told to meby newly retired MSP that are now closet supporters of our law and closet users ( they don't wanna give up their gun rights)

and then I see these type of articles that lead me to believe they are also using the funds to establish a more controlled environment --

we shall see--all this is JMO from reading and experience

P.S. the unnappropriaterefrences to other folks in this thread serve no purpose---IMO

and I don't understand what they have to dowiththe topic?

but then I consider the source---

Edited by purple pimpernel

Pharmaceutical grade means that the FDA had to have approved it.

If a drug hasn't yet been approved as "safe and effective" by the FDA, no matter how promising the current scientific evidence or dire need of the patient, the patient is denied access to the medicine.

So this will not help a dispensary(I hope they understand that part).

Look again. They define "Pharm grade" right in the article. It doesn't have anything to do with FDA.

"PHARMACEUTICAL-GRADE CANNABIS" MEANS A GRADE OF

16 CANNABIS THAT IS CULTIVATED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS ARTICLE;

17 THAT IS FREE OF CHEMICAL RESIDUES SUCH AS FUNGICIDES AND

18 INSECTICIDES AND IS TESTED BY VALIDATED METHODS TO DETERMINE ITS

19 CANNABINOID LEVELS, SPECIFICALLY, THC AND THC ACID LEVELS AND CBD

20 AND CBD ACID LEVELS AND COMPLIES WITH THE TOLERANCES DENOTED IN

21 TABLES 1, 2, AND 3 OF THIS SUBSECTION, FOR ITS MICROBIAL,

22 MYCOTOXIN, AND METAL CONTENTS, INCLUDING HEAVY METALS; AND THAT

23 MEETS ANY OTHER NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED IN

24 COMPLIANCE WITH GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES AS PRESCRIBED IN

25 RULES PROMULGATED BY THE DEPARTMENT UNDER THIS ARTICLE.

This is a clear violation of the michigan constitution!

Which states NO bill can address more than one subject in it's content. Are we looking at attempt by the leaders of michigan to hijack our law??

You decide.

Imho we are looking at the Senate's attempt to nullify our law through back door politics and underhanded skulduggery.

Legal beagles feel free to toss in your opinions and observations.

Trust the government?? Not on ur life!!!!

Edited by Fat Freddy

Look again. They define "Pharm grade" right in the article. It doesn't have anything to do with FDA.

That's all blah blah blah. Look at the real definition already in place across the nation. They can't re-define things. This is a bid by a Canadian Company to get their Sativex across the border. They want to use that mine in the UP for secure lab space to make it here. Jones wants to take our registration fees to build the lab as medical marijuana research.

That's all blah blah blah. Look at the real definition already in place across the nation. They can't re-define things. This is a bid by a Canadian Company to get their Sativex across the border. They want to use that mine in the UP for secure lab space to make it here. Jones wants to take our registration fees to build the lab as medical marijuana research.

You can't hammer a common definition in place of a statutory definition. The courts won't use the FDA definition; they can't. Same as the courts can't say a Caregiver is required to care. Might sound similar to a common term, but it isn't interchangeable. I don't disagree with the intent, but my point is that their choice to use "pharm grade" won't stop this program in its tracks. FDA has no jurisdiction.

You can't hammer a common definition in place of a statutory definition. The courts won't use the FDA definition; they can't. Same as the courts can't say a Caregiver is required to care. Might sound similar to a common term, but it isn't interchangeable. I don't disagree with the intent, but my point is that their choice to use "pharm grade" won't stop this program in its tracks. FDA has no jurisdiction.

The definition they are trying to hammer into the bill is an intrusion into the realm of the scientific and professional judgment, and will not stand.

The definition they are trying to hammer into the bill is an intrusion into the realm of the scientific and professional judgment, and will not stand.

Instead of calling it "Pharmaceutical grade cannabis" they could call it "Good, Clean, Canadian Weed" and there would be no legal difference. Authors of legislation use terms that have other common meaning all the time in order to make the pill easier to swallow, so to speak. For example, the Patriot Act isn't the "secret spy on you act"

Don't you think the author of the MMMAct sorta hijacked the common definition of "primary caregiver?"

Say "Primary Caregiver" to anyone not involved with medical cannabis, and what image do they conger up? They envision the old lady's sister, or the old man's wife. This is what the common person thinks of a "Primary Caregiver" But when the voters went to the polls, what looks better - "marijuana grower/supplier" or "primary caregiver?"

It is all word games.

Instead of calling it "Pharmaceutical grade cannabis" they could call it "Good, Clean, Canadian Weed" and there would be no legal difference. Authors of legislation use terms that have other common meaning all the time in order to make the pill easier to swallow, so to speak. For example, the Patriot Act isn't the "secret spy on you act"

Don't you think the author of the MMMAct sorta hijacked the common definition of "primary caregiver?"

Say "Primary Caregiver" to anyone not involved with medical cannabis, and what image do they conger up? They envision the old lady's sister, or the old man's wife. This is what the common person thinks of a "Primary Caregiver" But when the voters went to the polls, what looks better - "marijuana grower/supplier" or "primary caregiver?"

It is all word games.

Word games that have been played before with this pharmaceutical grade definition. It will provide an exclusive market just for Sativex. At the same time, exciting those that think having a lab in their pocket gives them a fast track to selling pharma grade anything cannabis. Just think about who is sponsoring and know it's not going to further any dispensaries as we know them. No farm markets or compliance centers, just FDA approved cannabis drugs. There are so many clues here that have been ignored. Like Jones wanting us to keep our money in the program. That was a head scratcher until this other shoe fell.

Word games that have been played before with this pharmaceutical grade definition. It will provide an exclusive market just for Sativex. At the same time, exciting those that think having a lab in their pocket gives them a fast track to selling pharma grade anything cannabis. Just think about who is sponsoring and know it's not going to further any dispensaries as we know them. No farm markets or compliance centers, just FDA approved cannabis drugs. There are so many clues here that have been ignored. Like Jones wanting us to keep our money in the program. That was a head scratcher until this other shoe fell.

I don't know how you slip FDA in. The way this law is written, it sets up facilities to be inspected and approved by LARA and LEOs. How does FDA get their foot in this door?

Edited by Highlander

I don't know how you slip FDA in. The way this law is written, it sets up facilities to be inspected and approved by LARA and LEOs. How does FDA get their foot in this door?

Study up on the term 'pharmaceutical grade' and you will know what I'm talking about. Make sure you look at a lot of material. You will get the picture. Only FDA approved drugs are pharmaceutical grade. Name one that isn't.

Edited by Restorium2

Study up on the term 'pharmaceutical grade' and you will know what I'm talking about. Make sure you look at a lot of material. You will get the picture. Only FDA approved drugs are pharmaceutical grade. Name one that isn't.

I did. It is in the bill. It has its own definition. You keep trying to use some other definition of "pharm grade" You can't import some other definition into this bill and try to use it. Neither can the FDA and neither can the courts.

The definition below is the only one you can use. Any other definition doesn't apply. That is how statutory interpretation works. You can't go grab FDA's definition and use it.

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

I did. It is in the bill. It has its own definition. You keep trying to use some other definition of "pharm grade" You can't import some other definition into this bill and try to use it. Neither can the FDA and neither can the courts.

The definition below is the only one you can use. Any other definition doesn't apply. That is how statutory interpretation works. You can't go grab FDA's definition and use it.

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

Sure. Did you find one instance of a pharmaceutical grade drug that wasn't FDA approved?

When I said this;

The definition they are trying to hammer into the bill is an intrusion into the realm of the scientific and professional judgment.

That was part of a real legal arguement. You didn't find it in your research?

When a term is explicitly defined in a statute then rules of statutory interpretation require that the definition given in the statute be the definition utilized when interpreting the statute.

470 Mich 154, 166 (2004) (emphasis supplied). In all other cases, courts must "assign to every word or phrase its plain and ordinary meaning unless otherwise defined in the statute...