Whats Considered Proof Of Ssi Disability?

thecannabiskid

You need a copy of your original SSI/SSD award letter, The first page that shows your names SSI# and the 4th page which is the page that tells how long your award was for meaning 2 years 4 years 10 years of SSI.. if you don't have the ORIGINAL paper work from SSI "they"(Soc.Sec.Office) can send you it in the mail, takes 4-7 days

I know this because of first hand experince just talked with them last week that is what they said was to be sent, this was after a denied letter from the MMP due to the wrong or not all documents with SSI..

Hope that helps,

Trix

:bong2:

proof of being on ssdi or ssi is you dont have any screen doors, all of your autos are 20 yrs old and older, you have missing teeth, your skinny becuase you have only enough food for your kids, we ride bicycles because we cant afford gas for our 20 yr old cars, you roll your own cigerettes! you take a walk with a plastic bag in a different direction everyday and clean the sides of the roads of all aluminum cans and glass bottles! you have a t.v anttenae on your roof, if you have a roof! oh there are so many more, but its early yet, i can think of more just give me a few to have my hot water with milk and sugar, we cant afford coffee!

Peace

Jim :yahoo-wave:

You need a copy of your original SSI/SSD award letter, The first page that shows your names SSI# and the 4th page which is the page that tells how long your award was for meaning 2 years 4 years 10 years of SSI.. if you don't have the ORIGINAL paper work from SSI "they"(Soc.Sec.Office) can send you it in the mail, takes 4-7 days

I know this because of first hand experince just talked with them last week that is what they said was to be sent, this was after a denied letter from the MMP due to the wrong or not all documents with SSI..

Hope that helps,

Trix

:bong2:

Trix is absolutely correct for the first accepted form of proof.

This is on the Actual application form instructions.

But here ya go... Most i know, including myself, use their Michigan Health Card. Fast simple, copy it right with your Photo Id. I added a link to a picture of it. in the description following.

http://www.michigan....09_272862_7.pdf

COPY OF DOCUMENTATION VERIFYING RECEIPT OF BENEFITS, IF SUBMITTING $25.00 FEE

1. Acceptable: Current Social Security Administration document stating the patient receives disability benefits, MI Health card or other Medicaid health plan card (FULL Medicaid Only)

NOT ACCEPTABLE: Medicare card, Bridge card, Bank statements, Social Security IRS Form 1099, Social Security yearly benefits statement, VA disability, Retirement benefits

Add-on: "other medicaid health plan cards" are the cards you recieve from the HMO medicaid insurer in some cases. In lower michigan i think "Meridian" does most of it and it only works if it is for FULL MEDICAID BENEFITS. Not partial.

Edited by Malamute

we are broke but we pay the 100 bucks im not giving them a chance to deny me and screw me up, all though I already have my c.g card for the yr, I am good to go, but I do like having my pt card, and I like having my c.g! so even though Im good to grow, I may as well get good to medicate, the first yr all i sent in was a copy of my medicair card and a copy of my medicaid (mi adult health ins card) but thats not good enough now, and I realy dont like to rock the boat if the state is involved, they realy know how to phaq things up, so oh well even though they dont deserve the extra 150,(2 of us qualify for the discount) Im sending it in any how!

I dont even have a clue where my award letter is. but I sure remember the day I finaly got awarded ssdi! :judge: It took me 8 yrs to get it, i had to refile after the first time and all of the appeals, than I got turned down when i reaplyed and the first appeal we got it, pretty crazy how far in debt you can get in 8 yrs, and even though i got 8 yrs back pay it still didnt pay off all of my bills i incurred while trying to get what i deserved!

Peace

Jim

p.s no im not writing or calling anyone for a new letter! lmao! :yahoo-wave:

You can go to the local ss office and ask for a letter that states your currectly collecting ss benifits dont half to be an award letter just renewed mine with the letter i got from ss office picked letter up same day i mailed renewall. The annual statement ss sends out not good enough for them got a denial last yr that way it was good enought the yr before but not now. Card expired 11-1 send renewal on like 9-10 got hard card a week or so ago.

Hey just a a heads up on the award letters if they older than 5 years they will not accept them I just got a letter from the MMMP that my award letter from 2005 is no longer acceptable. I guess I have to go to the Social Secutity Admin. and get a letter this sucks I had no problem getting my last 3 cards and now they are making it even hard so let me guess I will have to pay the Social Secutity Admin. a fee for a letter. Peace Out

I just skimmed this really fast & didn't c anyone mention what I just did and that is simply call SS and through an automatic system w/o having 2 yalk 2 anyone u can request a letter- This letter can also b your proof of income which legally no one can turn u down 4 like a loan due 2to the nature of income _ perhaps is could help-