Decarboxylated Marijuana Extracted Into Coconut Oil

If you have already decarbed the cannabis, there is no reason to heat it again. Like NL said, you risk turning THC into CBN.

Extracting pure plant essence into a fat is one half of an ancient process known as 'enfleurage' and it is the process from which the very highest quality essential oil absolutes are crafted. I've tried it with cannabis and found that extract to be superior in potency to any cannabis extract I've tried with the exception of Rick Simpson's Hemp Grease.

A vegetable fat is used to extract the plant essence. After extraction of the plant essence into the fat, alcohol is added which then extracts the plant essence from the fat. The fat is removed and the alcohol is allowed to evaporate. You are left with pure Cannabis Absolute. Don't take my word for it, google it. To me it is a superior method of extraction. If you're in a hurry, try something else. Enfleurage takes some time but if you want higher quality extracts, it's time well spent.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Kevin

Thanks for your advice guys. I may try the enfleurage later.

Now I'm just interested in getting the most thc out of marijuana buds

and storing it in coconut oil.

I haven't decarbed the cannabis yet.

Let's say I want to extract the thc into coconut oil and then use it raw (adding to food)

not cooking it further.

What's the best way you think to do this.

Decarb cannabis and mix it with cold coconut oil and let it sit in a jar? ;)

I read online about simmering 1)the cannabis with water and coconut oil or 2)just cannabis and oil.

I might just have to try both methods???

I have never done it before myself.

Thanks for your advice guys. I may try the enfleurage later. Now I'm just interested in getting the most thc out of marijuana buds and storing it in coconut oil. I haven't decarbed the cannabis yet. Let's say I want to extract the thc into coconut oil and then use it raw (adding to food) not cooking it further. What's the best way you think to do this. Decarb cannabis and mix it with cold coconut oil and let it sit in a jar? ;) I read online about simmering 1)the cannabis with water and coconut oil or 2)just cannabis and oil. I might just have to try both methods??? I have never done it before myself.

Just make RSO. You can use it as you wish. Its very easy to cook with. We used to make cannabutter for making edibles but wont do it anymore because its easier to use RSO. We have added large quantities to edibles without taste issues. It also helps keep weight concerns down (staying within your legal limits). You can add it to your coconut oil or vasolene if you like.

I have been using coconut oil as an extractor.

Decarboxylation material first with a food dehydrator.

Cooking the plant material on my stove with enough oil to just cover material for one hour at 185 degrees.

Removing the plant material and putting it into a water bath, then refrerigerating to remove the oil left in the plant material.

This works for me. This may not be the best or recommmended method. I just know I get medicine afterwards in the coconut oil.

Any thoughts would be helpfull.

I've used Cannalytics suggestion and never went back. decarb at 300 degrees for 15 minutes Before I infuse oil or butter. Much quicker with the THC being highly active. I have consistent results by decarbing first. It only takes about 2 hours for the butter, water, and the oils from the bud to completely mix. Then freeze the butter//water mix until the butter is solid, pour off the water and repeat. I do at least 2 washes sometimes 3, your water should run clear when the butter is "clean" from the icky.

With oil I don't separate I decarb then heat in the oil for several hours, strain, use a potato press to get all the oil out of the bud.

I've used Cannalytics suggestion and never went back. decarb at 300 degrees for 15 minutes Before I infuse oil or butter. Much quicker with the THC being highly active. I have consistent results by decarbing first. It only takes about 2 hours for the butter, water, and the oils from the bud to completely mix. Then freeze the butter//water mix until the butter is solid, pour off the water and repeat. I do at least 2 washes sometimes 3, your water should run clear when the butter is "clean" from the icky.

With oil I don't separate I decarb then heat in the oil for several hours, strain, use a potato press to get all the oil out of the bud.

Ok restlesslegs,

So if i do this:

1)Decarb as recommended (300F for 15min)

2)Put the decarb matter in the water, add right amount of coconut oil and boil/simmer for ????? hours.(3 hours might be enough?)

3) Strain the matter, put the oil+water in the fridge to separate.

4) I guess I could add water+oil to the strained matter and repeat the process one more time

Now, since the matter has been decarbed I'm hoping that the oil I make will be strong and,

I'm as well wondering if adding it to edibles and applying more heat to it will make any difference?

Ok restlesslegs,

So if i do this:

1)Decarb as recommended (300F for 15min)

2)Put the decarb matter in the water, add right amount of coconut oil and boil/simmer for ????? hours.(3 hours might be enough?)

3) Strain the matter, put the oil+water in the fridge to separate.

4) I guess I could add water+oil to the strained matter and repeat the process one more time

Now, since the matter has been decarbed I'm hoping that the oil I make will be strong and,

I'm as well wondering if adding it to edibles and applying more heat to it will make any difference?

When you cook with it be careful to keep the temps down to below 300 F.

A few hours should do it. An easy way to separate the oil from the water, while it is warm or hot, use a gravy separator. :)

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0002YTGIQ

Use a couple of tablespoons of lecithin to your oil or butter per cup when using it. I've tried both and the dry is much easier to use. It helps your body use the cannabinoids which will make it feel much more potent.

Edited by restlesslegs

• 2 months later...

I never go above 200 degrees during decarboxylation; you run the risk of destroying many of the rarer cousins of THC-Delta-9 ( THC-11-Hydroxy, THCV, etc ) that cannot be ingested through combustion nor vaporisation. 175 degrees for 15 minutes has always done the job for me. For oil extractions I use a double boiler at 150; 3 hours for every 1 ounce of marihuana in an oil extraction, whether it's coconut, olive, canola, butter, etc. And cheesecloth or a ladies nylon make great filters. If you're making butter, a cake pan makes it easy to seperate the water and butter. Put the mix in the fridge, and it will sheet up nicely.

• 6 years later...