Noob Question

GreenThumb1981

Hello! I am new to this site and I have been doing some research on the topic of becoming a grower/caregiver. My question so far is this… If as a caregiver, you are permitted to cultivate 12 plants per patient, with a max of 5 patients. (If I have correctly understood) Why do I hear of, and see people with a substantial amount more plants? I’m sure I am missing something somewhere!!! I am a successful business owner who is looking to branch out into a second business as well. (not to forget having an excellent green thumb!!!) I still have much more to learn about the rules and regs to keep everything legit. ;) I thank you in advance for your insight on this!

-GreenThumb1981

The reason you see people with more plants is because they are breaking the law. As far as making a business out of being a caregiver, look elsewhere. Unless you find 5 patients that need pooploads of meds, and those 5 patients are willing to pay a poopload for those meds, this is not a profitable industry. Because your only allowed to receive compensation from the 5 patients that you agreed to be a caregiver for. Selling to anyone other than your 5 patients is, at this point in time, illegal. Good luck. Medcnman.

Thank you both for the feedback! Okay, I understand that you cannot become a millionaire overnight and all, (not looking for that) however I have been reading a few different things; one that states: "Income wise, 12k daily is more than possible but that always depends on the quality of the meds, the amount of patients the collective helps out on a daily basis and their donation pricing structure." This does seem a little much I do agree; however, I'm thinking on the largest scale that’s LEGALLY possible! I’m not talking about a closet grow. Example: 5 patients, 60 plants, 8oz a plant, appx. 30 lbs yield for patient use…at 2500per would potentially be 75k. Would you agree with this theory, or would this be too far-fetched? I enjoy growing along with helping people in need, which is part pay in itself! Once again, I do appreciate your feedback. I don’t want to offend anyone by posting another site on here; however, I would like you to see where I have received some of my information…

http://theweedbusiness.com/how-much-income-can-i-make-in-the-medical-marijuana-industry/

-GreenThumb1981

That's building castles in the air. In practice the reality is quite different. I've been a CG since the beginning. I brought many years of experience from growing in a different state before I moved here. Since the inception of the program I've only had two good consistent patients, one of which has gotten better and is no longer my patient. I've been through several others that don't provide or use enough to cover the cost of growing their meds or believe that you should be giving it to them for free. At best I pay my utility bills every month.

Thank you both for the feedback! Okay, I understand that you cannot become a millionaire overnight and all, (not looking for that) however I have been reading a few different things; one that states: "Income wise, 12k daily is more than possible but that always depends on the quality of the meds, the amount of patients the collective helps out on a daily basis and their donation pricing structure." This does seem a little much I do agree; however, I'm thinking on the largest scale that’s LEGALLY possible! I’m not talking about a closet grow. Example: 5 patients, 60 plants, 8oz a plant, appx. 30 lbs yield for patient use…at 2500per would potentially be 75k. Would you agree with this theory, or would this be too far-fetched? I enjoy growing along with helping people in need, which is part pay in itself! Once again, I do appreciate your feedback. I don’t want to offend anyone by posting another site on here; however, I would like you to see where I have received some of my information…

http://theweedbusine...juana-industry/

-GreenThumb1981

I noticed the section you chose to copy and paste was entitled "Dispensary Income." At present we do not know whether or not dispensary are absolutely legal. I, for one, would not risk dealing with a dispensary. I like this law too much and I don't want to lose my ability to use it. I would not be happy if I had to give up MMJ as part of my therapy. After the McQueen case goes through the Michigan Supreme Court, we'll have a better understanding of what is legal and what is not as far as dispensaries go. However, i also believe that many dispensary owners will still try to bend or flaunt the law to stay open.

http://theweedbusine...juana-industry/

-GreenThumb1981

Boy, that sure sounds good. Math and science can easily be manipulated to sound good or bad. I will just point out a couple of bad things. Your numbers are correct, I will not deny that. However, it would take six months to do what you just said (at least for me it would). To produce eight ounces per plant, my plant would have to have its own 600W light bulb. So that means it would require 60 600W HPS running at once to flower out 60 eight ounce plants. How would you plan on providing the electricity to power all of that? That would be 36,000 watts just in light power. Wow! in the summer you can probably double that wattage adding the cooling system including the air conditioner(s). So that would be approximately 72,000 watts. That sure would be a lot of wattage use. That would require around 800 square feet in floor space in all. If you actually had success and did not run into problems like spider mites or powdery mildew, or many other damaging possibilities. After harvesting, you are going to need one hell of a machine to quickly clean up 30 pounds of product. Also, your odds of getting busted, even though it can be considered legal, would be at a very high percentage, the power consumption alone would raise a lot of red flags. Not to mention, dispensing 30 pounds of bud in six months? Now that would really suck if the strain is highly susceptible to mold. I do not think your standard residential electrical service would even power that type of set up. Now if you chose a perpetual grow style, that would make it more possible, but still you would be running 20 600W lights just in the flower stage. I believe that is much more work than one person can handle. There are many other inconveniences that can be mentioned. Just my 2000W and my 600W closets keep me more busy than I want to be. Especially when it comes to manicuring. It would be quite challenging to profit over $25K per year being a caregiver. It can be done, but it would be a lot of work and would also require a lot of experience. Overall, in my opinion, trying to make $75K per 6 months is a pipe dream or a long prison sentence.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am new to this site and I have been doing some research on the topic of becoming a grower/caregiver. My question so far is this… If as a caregiver, you are permitted to cultivate 12 plants per patient, with a max of 5 patients. (If I have correctly understood) Why do I hear of, and see people with a substantial amount more plants? I’m sure I am missing something somewhere!!! I am a successful business owner who is looking to branch out into a second business as well. (not to forget having an excellent green thumb!!!) I still have much more to learn about the rules and regs to keep everything legit. ;) I thank you in advance for your insight on this!

-GreenThumb1981

12 plants per patient so thats 60 plants if you have 5 patients. if you are a patient as well and caregive for yourself you can count that as well making it 72 plants. you cannot caregive for more than 5 patients other than yourself.

its not easy to maintain a grow and run additional businesses unless you can get someone to be there on call 24/7. you literally need to be there or have someone there at all times if you really want to ensure the best crop. little things go wrong all the time. you have to be very sensitive to temp and humidity change. dont do that and some other tom penis or harry will. the green rush is not what it used to be. if you want top dollar you really have to ensure the best quality. the black market is the quick easy way to get money but is illegal and there is not much for quality control. you're not going to get rich, maybe smoke for free and make a small amount of cash if done right and legal. the trouble is with weight. you get 2.5 ounces per person. with 5 patients and yourself thats 15 ounces total, not even a pound. if you have a bunch of plants each producing half pounds and such, it's very hard to stay legal. you have to get rid of it quick and legally before more is ready.

people with more than 72 plants is illegal. the only way i hear of doing it is have more than 1 caregiver with 5 patients each but each room has to be separate by lock and key. im not sure if you're allowed access to each others room. personally i highly advise against this. in fact i highly advise to keep small and low key. lot of cops dont like it and dont seem to want to help people who get robbed. robbers love it for the free weed or money they sell it for. it's not an easy business. if you already run a business or work a full time job you will probably need a couple very trusted friends to help who are legal card holders. and by trusted friend i mean some one you have known for like 10 or 20 years. this turns peoples best friend into their worst enemy. greed has taken over the caregiver market, i hate it. i see people getting screwed all the time, friends of mine from other so called friends. i suggest starting out with a small grow by yourself and grow outward from there. dont go and spend a ton of money right away in case things go bad. personally i do it more for hobby. i love growing pot, it's a beautiful plant. all the different strains are so unique and i love how they some turn different colors and all the pretty crystals. i love testing out new nutrients, growing techniques, lighting, strains, heck i even crossed pollinated a couple strains myself. the money is there but it's not about that. it's about medicating yourself and not having to pay for it yet at the same time making it extremely affordable to patients who dont wish to grow. good luck.

I understand that you can become a millionaire overnight and I have been reading a few different things; one that states: "Income wise, 12k daily is more than possible but 5 patients, 60 plants, 8oz a plant, appx. 30 lbs yield for patient use…at 2500per http://theweedbusine...juana-industry/

-GreenThumb1981

It's always been possible to turn big $ if you grow weed, and the medical marijuana movement has slid out of the shadowy covert past on the tracks and breeding done by those those who grew her before she was legal. Now that she is legal in a little way, the temptation is to take her big. "Not part-time for minimal wages, that's Caregiver Boollshiut. I just want to pay my bills and enjoy life a little." The laws of ecomics tell us what happens with every commodity. The supply increases until price drops so far no one can sell at a profit.

The Mega Buxx opportunity is here in MI and it is being taken by growers everyday. In Colorado it is not taken as easily. CO has dispensaries with the grows inside [and bakeries too] and the licenses start at $25,000 per year, per partner, and that is not the end of the expense--also known as a barrier to entry. There's a background check and an asset check. MI chose to make the growing unit the individual citizen and she--84% of growers are male--gets the basic license for around $215 expended. Yet the economic surge parallels CO, and the very human greed-urge, to state-shop for the the lowest barriers to entry into the grow industry. MI is the roll-over state. Show a MI state ID. Simple! Cheap! But, easy entry [into a basement, where 70% of MI weed is grown] comes with a high degree of difficulty and minimum wages--but especially so if the goal is to be legal and remain at all times legal. [in taking cuttings, harvesting and holding only licensed weight, and engaging with only five buyers (patients)]. BIG and lucrative is so simple, and MI private. And DEA and OperationHemp with radars, drones and choppers are seeking those who take the biggest temptation of all, massive overages out of huge greenhouses. and grow warehouses and outdoor grows full of profit. A Colorado dispensary has LEO cameras videoing all activity. MI has basements in private homes with the government not collecting taxes per unit, as does CO. MI is on the honor system and the temptation is not be honorable when there are no government cameras recording every grow room exit, entry, plant and harvest. So MI is not CO. MI is a better opportunity to do what you do when no one is watching...And the site you feature reading, fluffs temptation...and stirs the greed in all of us...The site you feature says if you don't act someone else will...and they will and will produce units until the price drops to where even the lowest cost producer cannot grow weed and sell it at a profit...so don't delay, grow huge today...

Edited by pic book

I gave up on the idea of being a caregiver once all the free stuff started going around. Everyone wants it free know and I cannot afford to grow and pay for everything for someone else. I do not know how anyone can give all there meds away for free and not sell to other people. Would be nice to have that much money though :) Good luck greenthumb

It's also worth noting that the website you linked is wanting to sell you a "how to open a dispensary" starter kit for the low low price of just $69.99.

Rube and Carny game.... Hey! That's where the money is at! Give up this notion of getting rich growing, and instead sell kits on How To Get Stinking Rich Growing (or start a religion).

30 lbs?!